prior knowledge of September 11th, 2001

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well 80s I do remember that it was said quite frequently(in the news) that terrorism would be broght to our soil, to expect it.

Exactly what kind of terrorism we wernt let to know.
I dont think anybody would have ever guess that jackasses would fly jets into buildings.

I do think the over-sensitive polictical corectness/racial profiling whiners gave these bastards a good cover, in hindsight.

DB9

------------------
AIM= diamondbruno9

Originally posted by Arun V:

It's not your fault Z

You wouldn't happen to know where I coudl find some info on teh army corp of engineers would you?

Oh I know, I meant sorry that happened to you.

As for info, I would check the army website, probably army.com or such, I've never been there personally but they ought to have something.

Originally posted by diamond:
Well 80s I do remember that it was said quite frequently(in the news) that terrorism would be broght to our soil, to expect it.
But that's not what Miss McPhisto said...

This is what she said:

"It was widely reported that the CIA, FBI, and NSA ALL knew in advance that the attacks were going to happen. Yet oddly, nothing was done."

Yeah, the feds knew that something was gonna happen someday, sometime, but no when or what or where or how, so how were tehy supposed to do anything at all about it? Without details, the vague warning we did have was about as useless as a screen door on a submarine.

[This message has been edited by 80sU2isBest (edited 05-08-2002).]

I do think the over-sensitive polictical corectness/racial profiling whiners gave these bastards a good cover, in hindsight.

Everyone feels that way until it's *their* constitutional rights being trampled on.

------------------
Well, the God I believe in isn't short on cash, mister. --Bono

But a day will come
In this dawning age
When an honest man
Sees an honest wage.
--The Edge

It was reported by several local and national news channels that i watched in the days following Sept. 11th.
What they actually said was that the CIA passed the info on to the FBI, who did nothing about it. They also mentioned the NSA in that segment.
And the thing is, this whole thing just reeks of fakery. I would be here all night if i were to go into detail about all the little things that just dont add up...
There are 3 possibilities to consider:
1. The US government orchestrated the whole thing, and Osama is merely an actor.
2. The US government knew about the impending attacks, and did nothing to stop it, for reasons we have yet to figure out.
3. The US government is one of the most hopeless, helpless, incompetant and idiotic governments on the face of the earth, and they were merely just too stupid, too ill prepared, and/or too lazy to do anything to prevent such an attack.
Personally, if it is the latter, i think all the top officials in the government and airline industries should be fired or arrested for not taking measures to prevent such a thing.

[This message has been edited by Miss MacPhisto (edited 05-08-2002).]

Originally posted by 80sU2isBest:
Personally, I don't read any posts in which Arun V shows contempt for the American people or its military. In fact, I have read posts in which he had kinds word to say about both.
Oh, he certainly has been patriotic lately, but before then, when we chatted in private, he has said some very harsh things about the military, and just other stuff. Also, he doesnt seem to care about the needy people here at all. If you dont love the people(the good ones, anyway) of a country, then you dont love the country!!!!!!!
mad.gif

He's making me edit this!
rolleyes.gif

Originally posted by meegannie:

That's a pretty harsh generalization.

Perhaps you could enlighten me? Please name all the pols you know of that sincerely DO care about Americans, and tell me what theyve done for us. And i mean in the last,oh, 20 - 30 years or so. (no fair mentioning Abraham Lincoln or anybody that far back).

Miss Mac-
Gary Condit use to really like Chandra.
Bill liked Monica.
wink.gif

I think #3 is prolly what happened and we were desensitized w/"information-overload," not knowing what or who to take seriously.

Pax-
Youre right, however in retrospect I think inconviencing a few ppl and being more vigilant coulda/might of saved innocent lives, perhaps?
I dunno.

80s, love your thoughtfulness.
smile.gif

diamond

------------------
AIM= diamondbruno9

[This message has been edited by diamond (edited 05-09-2002).]

I have never degraded this nation. in public or private pre 9/11 or post 9/11..I do however blame the average america for ignorance..and make fun of that.

[This message has been edited by Arun V (edited 05-08-2002).]

Originally posted by Miss MacPhisto:
1. The US government orchestrated the whole thing, and Osama is merely an actor.

ROTFLMFAO!!!! And the US government hired Michael Crichton and Tom Clancy as technical advisors for the whole production!

2. The US government knew about the impending attacks, and did nothing to stop it, for reasons we have yet to figure out.
3. The US government is one of the most hopeless, helpless, incompetant and idiotic governments on the face of the earth, and they were merely just too stupid, too ill prepared, and/or too lazy to do anything to prevent such an attack.

Did I read you wrong? wtf? Are you serious?

Please do NOT email me anymore asking how to get a job with the United States Government

and

sorry I gave you advice

With all due resepct, Miss MacPhisto, whatever Arun V told you in private conversation at least 8 months ago is probably not fair material for you to introduce in response to his post supporting/defending the US.

But since you have brought it up, I chat with him privately as well, and I trust his loyalty to be sincere. An "America Appreciation Thread" is a brave step in a forum such as this, and Arun V is the one who posted it.

I do agree with a lot of the things you say, Miss MacPhisto; but keep in mind that MANY Americans from all sectors of the political spectrum have come together in their reaction to 9-11; it doesn't mean they are hypocrites or anything. Instead, it means that despite our political differences (and I have several with Arun V), we DO have a bond as Americans which transcends political parties, ideologies and such.

~U2Alabama

It was reported by several local and national news channels that i watched in the days following Sept. 11th.

OK, here is the major problem I have with your arguement. The major media outlets were all running with stories like this before the dust had a chance to settle. It's always been that way with the media. Remember the day the fed. building in Oklahoma City blew up? CNN or some similar network was ready to pin the blame on some militia group in Indiana..I personally don't buy into much that is reported in the days immediately following a tragedy such as 9-11.

Also, the media does like to put their spin on things. They get told by sources in the FBI or CIA that they were warned of a possible terrorist threat prior to 9-11, and the press turns around with "Our Gov't Knew the Attacks on the WTC and Pentagon Were Coming"

What they actually said was that the CIA passed the info on to the FBI, who did nothing about it.

Could this be any more vague? What information? Did it mention targets, schedules, methods of operation? anything? Without specifics it's next to impossible, even for the US gov't, to stop a few people with box cutters.[/b]

Personally, if it is the latter, i think all the top officials in the government and airline industries should be fired or arrested for not taking measures to prevent such a thing.

Yes, these are all easier to believe than the possiblity that Bin Laden simpley got the better of us that day.

Miss Mac, I don't pretend to have all the answers, but I know one thing. I've read Jim Garrison's book and, believe me, you are no Jim Garrison. Have a nice day.

[This message has been edited by Clark W. Griswold, Jr (edited 05-08-2002).]

Perhaps you could enlighten me? Please name all the pols you know of that sincerely DO care about Americans, and tell me what theyve done for us. And i mean in the last,oh, 20 - 30 years or so. (no fair mentioning Abraham Lincoln or anybody that far back).

I'm not going to sit here and name names, but I know for a fact that there are some. Believe me, I've become disillusioned with some aspects of our government too, especially working in politics. I've also seen everyday how hard people in our government work, though.

posted by Miss MacPhisto:
Please name all the pols you know of that sincerely DO care about Americans, and tell me what theyve done for us. And i mean in the last,oh, 20 - 30 years or so. (no fair mentioning Abraham Lincoln or anybody that far back).

Originally posted by meegannie:
I'm not going to sit here and name names, but I know for a fact that there are some. Believe me, I've become disillusioned with some aspects of our government too, especially working in politics. I've also seen everyday how hard people in our government work, though.

I'll name names. Here are just a few:
GW Bush, Dick Cheney, Alan Keyes, J.C. Watts...these are all politicians who currently serve or who have served recently. I know one politician who goes to my church whom I know well, and I can swear to you that he cares about people. There are many other politicians, both Republican and Democrat who care about the American people. To make a blanket statement that no politician in the last 20 or 30 years cares about the American people is not just inaccurate, but insulting.

Originally posted by U2Bama:
ROTFLMFAO!!!! And the US government hired Michael Crichton and Tom Clancy as technical advisors for the whole production!

You mean you didn't see Oliver Stone in the footage on the ground just as the planes hit the towers? Looked suspicious to me, like he was directing the whole thing...hrm...

Youre right, however in retrospect I think inconviencing a few ppl and being more vigilant coulda/might of saved innocent lives, perhaps?
I dunno.

it's not inconveniencing though. it's changing lifestyles. homogenizing cultures and resisting difference.
that which is proposed might be attractive but it's application is almost sure to be ugly.

Originally posted by kobayashi:
it's not inconveniencing though. it's changing lifestyles. homogenizing cultures and resisting difference.
that which is proposed might be attractive but it's application is almost sure to be ugly.

No Brother Kobe.
I think you misinterpreted me.
We have been walking on egg-shells under the guise of racial sensitivity,while putting the nation's security at risk.
Skinheads need to be watched even MORE for the record.

diamond

------------------
AIM= diamondbruno9

We have been walking on egg-shells under the guise of racial sensitivity,while putting the nation's security at risk.

Right on brother!

------------------
Don't look now...

Yes, go on, all of you, beLIEving in your pure hearted government...

Ah well, ignorance is bliss!!! Enjoy!!!
rolleyes.gif

[This message has been edited by Miss MacPhisto (edited 05-09-2002).]

I'll name names. Here are just a few:
GW Bush, Dick Cheney, Alan Keyes, J.C. Watts...these are all politicians who currently serve or who have served recently. I know one politician who goes to my church whom I know well, and I can swear to you that he cares about people. There are many other politicians, both Republican and Democrat who care about the American people. To make a blanket statement that no politician in the last 20 or 30 years cares about the American people is not just inaccurate, but insulting.

BUSH?????????? ROFLMFAO!!!!!!!!! Cheney??? UHHHHHHHHHHHH dont think so. So tell me, how have those 2 improved YOUR life????
Ok, possibly the one that goes to your church. What does he do for the people? Does he volunteer at soup kitchens, walk the streets and get needy people the help they need? Get people jobs, fight for peoples rights, what??
I know my statement is insulting. Thats what its intended to do. I dont mind insulting criminals, which most pols are, in one way or another.
So you named a few. So that still means, what, 99% of pols dont do shit for anyone other than themselves, and their friends.
99% is close enough for me to make a broad statement like that.

Originally posted by U2Bama:
With all due resepct, Miss MacPhisto, whatever Arun V told you in private conversation at least 8 months ago is probably not fair material for you to introduce in response to his post supporting/defending the US.

But since you have brought it up, I chat with him privately as well, and I trust his loyalty to be sincere. An "America Appreciation Thread" is a brave step in a forum such as this, and Arun V is the one who posted it.

I do agree with a lot of the things you say, Miss MacPhisto; but keep in mind that MANY Americans from all sectors of the political spectrum have come together in their reaction to 9-11; it doesn't mean they are hypocrites or anything. Instead, it means that despite our political differences (and I have several with Arun V), we DO have a bond as Americans which transcends political parties, ideologies and such.

~U2Alabama

And I agree wholeheartedly with your last statement.
But as far as Arun is concerned, I do believe that it is perfectly fine for me to introduce statements he made to me prior to Sept 11th.
I couldnt believe it when i talked to him and he actually supported military action torwards Osama and Co. I was stunned. And I dunno about his sincerity at all: "I say a lot of things".
And i dont find an America Appreciation thread to be "brave" post Sept 11th - Everyone is babbling about how much they love it here now. Thats...nice, but...

Anyway, as I said, if you dont care about the people in this country, then you do not love this country.

Originally posted by Clark W. Griswold, Jr:

Could this be any more vague? What information? Did it mention targets, schedules, methods of operation? anything? Without specifics it's next to impossible, even for the US gov't, to stop a few people with box cutters.

Of course its vague!!!!!!!!!! What do you think, i went and videotaped the whole show, or took notes?! I'm going on memory, and with all the things going on at that time, and with all the time that has passed, i dont even remember all the details, I watched the segment, rolled my eyes, and went on with business.

If you are in counter terrorism, its YOUR JOB to be one step ahead of terrorists. You need to think like a terrorist, in order to see where weaknesses in our security are, and prevent such attacks.
Hell, if i got a bunch of friends togethr, i'm quite sure we could dream up some ingenious terrorist plot just on what limited knowledge of such things we have. If we could do that, then why is it so difficult for those who are actually educated on such matters to remain one step ahead of terrorists, and do their job protecting an entire country?
It could have been prevented, but it wasnt. I cant believe this just slipped by them. No way..

So you named a few. So that still means, what, 99% of pols dont do shit for anyone other than themselves, and their friends.
99% is close enough for me to make a broad statement like that.
But you see, you can't even say that!
How in the world do you know how many politicians do or don't care about people? That's totally ridiculous. I can't even believe you said it.

But you see, you can't even say that!
How in the world do you know how many politicians do or don't care about people? That's totally ridiculous. I can't even believe you said it.

She doesn't know that; she may claim to, but, HELL, I could claim the opposite for that matter. I could "claim" George Wallace was a "good" person, simply because he was a DEMOCRAT. But that doesn't mean it would be TRUE.

~U2Alabama

Its easy really. When you encounter a certain type of person, and evry person of that type that you meet, read, or hear about is a certain way, than you can pretty much assume that most of them are that way.
Thus, if the vast majority of pols are worthless I'll just go right ahead and put the figure at 99%.
rolleyes.gif

Oh, and 80s, you didnt answer my question. How has the guy who goes to your church changed lives. how does he help people on a regular basis?
If you went up to people who formerly lived a hellish life, and/or lived in poverty, in the bad part of town, etc etc, and asked them who had made a positive difference in their lives, would they really name some people in government?!?! Would they really name Bush, Cheney, the dude from your church, etc??

I stopped reading this around the time people started attacking each other as they often do in this place but Koby I've got to say THANK YOU!!! I love conspiracies, true or not, I think it is fascinating how stories can be made out of a few facts or comments. This conspiracy theory is indeed an interesting one!

[This message has been edited by U2LA (edited 05-09-2002).]

Its easy really. When you encounter a certain type of person, and evry person of that type that you meet, read, or hear about is a certain way, than you can pretty much assume that most of them are that way.

Nice to see you've got some prejudice working with that ignorance of yours.

Sorry Miss Mac, but all you did here was make generalizations, accusations, and offer far fetched theories without offering one shred of evidence to support anything you say. Instead, all we hear is either "I can't remember" or "I don't have the time" Next time don't bring a knife to a gun fight, K?

Sorry, but youre the one who is a pathetic ignoramus.
I never said i had all the details, and its true i cant remember, and its also true that i dont have the time.
All I'm stating is that i am almost certain that the US government as at least partly responsible for what happened, and that the vast majority of pols are nothing but twisted sick ppl. Thats all i came here to say, not to provide evryone with all the gorey details. You can just get off your ass and go find out the truth yourself.
Maybe someday i'll have the money and the means to go out there, compile a database of pols, do some research, and find out who's naughty and whos nice. Or perhaps someone else can prove me wrong.If it turns out that indeed the majority are innocent and pure as the driven snow, then fine. I'll happily change my opinion.
Until then, i'm sticking to my guns. Not my knives...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom