Prince Harry in Afghanistan

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Im just curious to know if Harry did die what would of happened, im sure they would of covered it up and said he was involved in a car crash. It would of been so politically damning if it was revealed he died in action.

Its nice to know Prince Charles and the Queen can relate to those poor family's who have relevatives serving in foreign fields.

blueeyedgirl said:
I'm so proud that it was an Australian trash mag that first blew the story, then the Drudge Report picked it up. We really lurve our Queen :happy:

I bet you read New Idea. In fact, do you subscribe to it???

TheQuiet1 said:

Well, at least we've still got cricke- aw, crap.

:lol:
well, we have tim henman - oh hang on, nevermind.

Good on Harry for not only being in the military but being brave enough to want to serve in a combat theatre. And cheers to HM for recognising this and sending him there!

MrsSpringsteen said:
:hug:

They had lots o cute shots of William and Harry-and good footage of the queen being snippy

Prince William and Prince Harry:combust: I gotta get to England ASAP. I'll marry whichever one sees me first. I don't want to be the cause of a family feud.:lol:

lol, well I'd pick Harry if he wasn't young enough to be my much younger brother....

I don't like Chris Cuomo, something about him makes me uncomfortable

By Scott Whitlock | March 3, 2008 - Newsbusters

"Good Morning America" co-host Chris Cuomo joked on Monday's show that Britain's Prince Harry "has been over in Afghanistan fighting because he's expendable." Fellow host Robin Roberts appeared somewhat shocked by the comment and sputtered, "What did you say?" Cuomo, who was previewing an ABC special on the royals, didn't back off his assertion and reiterated, "It's true. The reason that Harry is allowed to be in Afghanistan is because he's not the heir to the throne. William's not allowed to be there."

While Harry may not be next in line to be king, it's in very poor taste for a professional journalist to make such a snide remark. After all, Prince Harry went to Afghanistan to bravely serve his country, not because he's "expendable." And perhaps it should be pointed out that it was Chris Cuomo's brother, Andrew, who entered politics and carried on the legacy of father and former New York Governor Mario Cuomo. Is Chris Cuomo's career in journalism, by extension, a reflection of the fact that he's "expendable?"

I would have said Prince Charles is expendable, but that's just me. Or Camilla :wink:

That was another great part of the special, the organic farmers who named their cows Charles and Camilla

This whole thing is fucking ridiculous. You don't enlist in the army (not his trade, anyways) in order to sit around and do paperwork. You enlist to fight wars for your country (and Queen, in the case of Commonwealth nations). The bond between soldiers is something special, and when a man is treated differently from the rest, no matter what the reason, the entire unit suffers. They have handled the Prince being there for ten weeks, and would have been able to do so for another four. I agree with Harry that it's shameful that this went down the way it did, he should have been left where he was. I don't believe he was in any greater danger than he had been before the news broke, and the unit would have been uplifted had he stayed on and fought it out with his fellow soldiers.

MrsSpringsteen said:
The reason that Harry is allowed to be in Afghanistan is because he's not the heir to the throne. William's not allowed to be there."

Never heard so much crap in my entire life. Im sure the jurno doesnt realise the severity of which Harry's death would of caused
1. To public opinon on the war on terror.
2. Public reaction towards the government.
3. Moral of the entire nation.
4. The royal family's reaction towards the government.

The list really does go on.

Yeah, Harry's presence, noted by the public or not, in Afghanistan is massively effectual. The consequences and outcome potential is not to be underestimated.

Back
Top Bottom