Presidential Address 12/18 2005 - I want your feedback - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 12-18-2005, 09:01 PM   #1
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 01:16 AM
Presidential Address 12/18 2005 - I want your feedback

Hey, tell me what you think

it's on NOW

Old 12-18-2005, 09:51 PM   #2
Refugee

Local Time: 06:16 AM

Perfectly balanced image.

Old 12-18-2005, 10:04 PM   #3
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 12:16 AM
i didn't watch it...i can't stand watching him
Old 12-18-2005, 10:23 PM   #4
Refugee

Local Time: 06:16 AM

I did like that little CNN logo in the lower left-hand corner........it had a little light that travelled thru the logo. Being a photographer, everything was in such proper perspective.......

Old 12-18-2005, 10:24 PM   #5
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

I meant to watch it...but football was on. gotta keep your priorities and everything.
Old 12-18-2005, 10:33 PM   #6
BAW
The Flower

Local Time: 10:16 PM
Well, it was a toss up between the speech and A Very Brady Christmas....

I sure am glad Mike made it out of the construction site collapse alive!
Old 12-18-2005, 10:39 PM   #7
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
Originally posted by the rockin edge
i didn't watch it...i can't stand watching him
I ended up turning it to Global (Canadian TV network), where they were airing "Family Guy." God bless Canada.

Melon
Old 12-18-2005, 10:44 PM   #8
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 11:16 PM
You know the President is lying when his lips are moving........! with any Republican perspective of HIS war.
Old 12-18-2005, 10:44 PM   #9
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by melon

I ended up turning it to Global (Canadian TV network), where they were airing "Family Guy." God bless Canada.

Melon
Old 12-18-2005, 11:13 PM   #10
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Local Time: 02:46 AM
Relating to presidential addresses - As a Canadian, I was wondering do Americans generally believe the president is telling the truth and follow him no matter what, regardless of party? I have seen some people respond in that manner when questioned about the what the president is saying. I have noticed some FYMers worship Bush too. Up here, I find many of us think the PM and most politicians are always full of shit, no matter the topic, regardless of the party. I have voted for the Liberals, PCs and NDP in my lifetime.
Old 12-18-2005, 11:29 PM   #11
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 02:46 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by trevster2k
Relating to presidential addresses - As a Canadian, I was wondering do Americans generally believe the president is telling the truth and follow him no matter what, regardless of party? I have seen some people respond in that manner when questioned about the what the president is saying. I have noticed some FYMers worship Bush too. Up here, I find many of us think the PM and most politicians are always full of shit, no matter the topic, regardless of the party. I have voted for the Liberals, PCs and NDP in my lifetime.
Well, I'm a fellow Canadian...but I can tell you that Bush's approval rating is hovering around the 40 percent level...and that's after a recent upsurge!

Personally, I'd love to see him make a special appearance here...Rly!: http://forum.interference.com/t149091.html
Old 12-19-2005, 12:42 AM   #12
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

I kept hoping he'd say something funny, or mess up, but all I got was a few stuttered words

quite frankly, I would have completely forgot about it if it wasn't on after the Simpsons, or whatever I was watching at the time. However.... I think the replies in this thread say quite a bit.

I always enjoy it when a figure like the president of the US is on TV and actually 'visible' like that... but I was left feeling like it was a very empty speech. If I take it seriously, then I'd say his speech was pretty well balanced. I can at least respect Bush, because, I truly believe that in his own mind, what he was saying was something he at least believed in or thought was the right thing to say/do, whatever.

But on the other hand, I find it hard to respect anyone whose eyes are looking at a teleprompter, shuffeling and scurrying about whilst still trying to keep "contact" with a camera. (I liked the old fashioned days, where they had paper infront of them. And when they wanted to branch off on to a topic, you could tell, as per there eyes, and not looking at the paper. But I can't really stand it when people are looking at a prompter and not at the screen.

Makes me want to slap someone in the face, if I were to give in to the within me...

On the whole....... the speech, to me, was......... okay? I don't really know what I was supposed to come away feeling. Yeah, the pres wants stay in Iraq. I know that. I completely disagree about "we have 2 options, win or lose". WHat a pantload, even for politicians. It's not just about America, and it's not "america against the world", either. But I suppose this is just rehashing old hash browns or whatever (which I dislike).

So, in conclusion, I guess I'll say that I always, for some reason, like to see what the president is going to address us about. I wasn't really compelled to watch anything else, but then again, there wasn't anything else on that I wanted to watch, because I was kind of busy as it is.

To describe his address, I personally would choose this: smilie

It seems like others would choose another, and that's fine. I wanted people's reactions, and I got them, so I kinda feel spoiled. Oh well, I'll work it off with some self-chastisement. And then a nice warm shower heh (don't worry about that psuedojoke, I don't think anyone will really get it .... )

anyhow, thanks for posting.
Old 12-19-2005, 01:16 AM   #13
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by angelordevil

Well, I'm a fellow Canadian...but I can tell you that Bush's approval rating is hovering around the 40 percent level...and that's after a recent upsurge!
yeah, i have no idea what the upsurge is about
Old 12-19-2005, 01:29 AM   #14
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Local Time: 02:16 AM
Oh, I think Americans want to believe everything is right with their world. No bad news or some good news, the approval rating goes up. I also think too many Americans don't want to believe they were so wrong. We do have healthy egos in case you haven't noticed. (PS. the other party sucks, too)

RE: speech

Didn't watch it, but heard the main points later. Maybe a slight wakening from delusion, but not to worry--it's only temporary. God has chosen him after all.

(PS, do any Canadians think God has chosen their leaders like some of my fellow citizens do?)
Old 12-19-2005, 02:50 AM   #15
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 10:16 PM
I watched it

and he did a pretty good job

he was the most humble I have seen him

he was less strident

he is at 40% approval

iraq is at 60 % disapproval

they would love to move those numbers 15% their way

this may move it a few