President gives unwelcome massage to Chancellor of Germany - Page 6 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 07-21-2006, 09:27 AM   #76
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 12:50 PM
I think the posts are being "ridiculed" because of the sexist nature of some of them. As a female I am offended by some of them. I already explained what my issues are with his behavior, and how they are separate and apart from my feelings about him.

Old 07-21-2006, 09:35 AM   #77
Refugee

Local Time: 03:50 AM
President Bush needs to learn some BASIC manners.

Old 07-21-2006, 09:38 AM   #78
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 09:50 AM
Thank you and I can appreciate and understand your viewpoint. The shoulder grab is not the type of thing I would do.

Too bad we got a whole lot more than expressions of opinion on the subject pictures or willingness to engage in discussion.
Old 07-21-2006, 10:09 AM   #79
Refugee

Quote:
Originally posted by nbcrusader
Thank you and I can appreciate and understand your viewpoint. The shoulder grab is not the type of thing I would do.

Too bad we got a whole lot more than expressions of opinion on the subject pictures or willingness to engage in discussion.
Politics and Religion, nbcrusader!.....guaranteed to always ruffle ones feathers
Old 07-21-2006, 10:10 AM   #80
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Quote:
Originally posted by melon

So don't consider Republicans to be the paragon of morality and ethics, because they're just as guilty of looking the other way as you'd accuse Democrats of doing. This thread certainly furthers my point.

Melon
I didn't said anything about Democrats "looking the other way". I said the public didn't get outraged at the Clinton/Lewinsky scandal. The only reason I said is because you said people would get outraged if it was Clinton. I was simply responding to your statement. You are doing exactly what the author of the article did when she used the term "grope"; you are reading between the lines when there's nothing between the lines to read. Either that, or you're just making things up. Which is it?
Old 07-21-2006, 10:14 AM   #81
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Quote:
Originally posted by Angela Harlem
What the hell is wrong with this forum? Everyone loves to act like a paragon of fucking virtue, but get a guy invading someone's personal space and touching them in an uncomfortable and inappropriate way and you not only defend him but debate whether it is harrassment!
Are you saying it was sexual harassment? What evidence do you have of that? I see no evidence whatsoever that there was any sexual behavior at all.

Was it a stupid thing to do? Probably. But neither you or I or anyone else here knows the context of the situation in which those photos occurred.
Old 07-21-2006, 10:18 AM   #82
Blue Crack Addict

Monica Lewinsky wasn't a world leader and seemed a willing participant to me, all indications are that she was. I was "outraged" over it, didn't like his behavior one iota and wouldn't defend it. I think plenty of people were outraged over it. But I don't think it's comparable to this situation and like I said, I think even Bill would know better than to do that at the G8 summit. Maybe not, but I think so.

Grope or not, it was still inappropriate in my eyes-she certainly appeared rather stunned to me and like she didn't want it or appreciate it-she seemed quite uncomfortable.
Old 07-21-2006, 10:25 AM   #83
New Yorker

I can't believe how blown out of proportion this is being taken.... and it never ceases 2 amaze me how the haters on both the left and the right will find ANYTHING to give them ridiculous ammunition against the source of their hatred.
Old 07-21-2006, 10:27 AM   #84
Rock n' Roll Doggie

It would've been a whole lot more inappropriate if he inquired about a happy ending.
Old 07-21-2006, 10:27 AM   #85
Blue Crack Supplier

Old 07-21-2006, 10:34 AM   #86
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by randhail
It would've been a whole lot more inappropriate if he inquired about a happy ending.
Do you inquire about that in your workplace? I guess the is supposed to make it harmless and funny? Just like your comment that he could have picked a better looking woman, followed by the Oh well, I just have no sense of humor

After all, he was in his workplace. I consider that his extended workplace, he's supposed to be doing his job there.
Old 07-21-2006, 10:37 AM   #87
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Local Time: 11:50 AM
I guess you guys don't like Jon Stewart. There's a grainy video clip in his segment that was posted on the first page of this thread.

And for the record, unwanted touching can be defined as sexual harassment.
I'm sorry I brought it up in the first place but there seems to be some confusion on what constitutes sexual harassment and what doesn't.

Is this an instance of it? Probably not. It's obvious she did not want to be massaged though.
Old 07-21-2006, 10:43 AM   #88
ONE
love, blood, life

Im surprised we haven't got around to him saying Shit yet
Old 07-21-2006, 10:46 AM   #89
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally posted by A_Wanderer
Im surprised we haven't got around to him saying Shit yet

i was more embarassed by him talking with his mouth full.

perhaps that's part of being from Texas?
Old 07-21-2006, 11:09 AM   #90
Refugee

Local Time: 04:20 AM
Blown totally way out of proportion. I can't believe how anyone could possibly see this as 'sexual harrassment.' Give the guy a break, the intent was hardly malicious. Some of the people here almost seem as though they fail to see the discrepancies between hands on a shoulder and rape. I've heard this innocent act classified as 'groping' for crying out loud! Can't Bush piss without it being scrutenized?