President gives unwelcome massage to Chancellor of Germany

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
nbcrusader said:

I see politicians walk into a room full of seated individuals and touch others on the shoulders in a similar way. Many times.

They may touch them on the shoulders as a polite way to say hi, as one approaches from behind, but they don't stay and massage them.:huh:

It's obvious she didn't want him there.

BonoVoxSupastar said:

They may touch them on the shoulders as a polite way to say hi, as one approaches from behind, but they don't stay and massage them.:huh:

It's obvious she didn't want him there.

I take it you are basing this on her reaction in the film clip.

How long was he "massaging" her?

JMScoopy said:
just another one of many examples of one little innocent thing the president does and gets ripped apart for it.

poor bastard. :tsk:

I can only imagine the outrage had it been President Clinton with the circumstances being exactly the same.

Melon

JMScoopy said:
just another one of many examples of one little innocent thing the president does and gets ripped apart for it.

poor bastard. :tsk:

I very much doubt Merkel would have reacted the way she did if Bush was merely doing "one little innocent thing".

I can't believe anyone is actually defending this. Bush clearly touched Merkel in a way she did not like. That's wrong. Isn't it?

melon said:

I can only imagine the outrage had it been President Clinton with the circumstances being exactly the same.

Melon

:lol: yeah, i guess being involved in a few sex scandals wouldnt help that situation.

Axver said:

I very much doubt Merkel would have reacted the way she did if Bush was merely doing "one little innocent thing".

I can't believe anyone is actually defending this. Bush clearly touched Merkel in a way she did not like. That's wrong. Isn't it?

i think she'll survive. from the pictures it look like she was just startled. im sure it wasnt his intent to make her uncomfortable, but just to be friendly. you've never seen someone come and rub someones shoulders for 1/2 a second after they've been sitting for a while?

now, i dont agree with all the things bush does, but i dont like when people who dont like his politics use chickenshit stuff like this to bitch about him.

christ almighty, the poor guy probably cant even fart without getting shit about it. :lol: (no pun intended)

Last edited:
JMScoopy said:

i think she'll survive. from the pictures it look like she was just startled.

So because she'll survive, it makes it alright?

And she's not startled, she's turned his way when he puts his first hand on her, take a look again.

JMScoopy said:

i think she'll survive.

So what? Bush touched Merkel in a way she clearly did not like. That's wrong. Isn't it? Answer me this time.

from the pictures it look like she was just startled.

Looks like a defensive, "get your hands off me/don't touch me like that" reaction to me.

im sure it wasnt his intent to make her uncomfortable, but just to be friendly. you've never seen someone come and rub someones shoulders for 1/2 a second after they've been sitting for a while?

No. Why would you touch someone like that? Especially in that setting. Whatever happened to the idea of keeping your hands to yourself?

now, i dont agree with all the things bush does, but i dont like when people who dont like his politics use chickenshit stuff like this to bitch about him.

Yes, touching a woman inappropriately is "chickenshit stuff" ... :|

Axver said:

So what? Bush touched Merkel in a way she clearly did not like. That's wrong. Isn't it? Answer me this time.

i never said it wasnt wrong, it's just not the end of the world.

i prob wouldnt've done that unless i knew her well. but on the other hand it's not his fault she's an uptight old hag and jumps like a rabbit when someone touches their shoulders

shit, the way she looks she should be happy a man touched her :lol:

Last edited:
Is there a video of this that I missed?

This doesn't appear to be the brightest thing to do but still photos don't always tell the story the way that it happened. There's no way to tell what the order of events were or time between the photos. This, as it stands, is edited to make it look like it was horrible.

We also don't know their relationship or what the context of this moment was...what had happened before and what happened afterwards...for all we know she asked him for a rubdown.

JMScoopy said:
but on the other hand it's not his fault she's an uptight old hag and jumps like a rabbit when someone touches their shoulders

I'm sure all the ladies here are utterly charmed by you! :drool:

JMScoopy said:

i never said it wasnt wrong, it's just not the end of the world.

i prob wouldnt've done that unless i knew her well. but on the other hand it's not his fault she's an uptight old hag and jumps like a rabbit when someone touches their shoulders

I'm trying to find something to say to you that would convey how I feel without getting myself banned from this place forever.

JMScoopy said:

... wow. There go any chances to have a mature discussion. Have some decency and politeness. :|

you know what, piss on this forum. i dont know why i even waste my time with this bullshit. i just made that comment above out of frustration. every thread, if you disagree with the majority here, you get pounced on like a wounded wildabeast by lions.

JMScoopy said:
you know what, piss on this forum. i dont know why i even waste my time with this bullshit. i just made that comment above out of frustration. every thread, if you disagree with the majority here, you get pounced on like a wounded wildabeast by lions.

You weren't just disagreeing with the majority. You were acting like an immature, sexist jerk. That's why you are getting all the static.

What did you expect? That we would all laugh at your oh-so-witty remarks?

JMScoopy said:

Perhaps this forum isnt for you.

JMScoopy said:
whatever, i think ill stick to the U2 and guitar forums where it's less hostile :wave:

The hostility has come from your sexist attitude. Your derogatory and insulting comments about Merkel and towards the opinions of others here are completely unwarranted.

Axver said:

The hostility has come from your sexist attitude. Your derogatory and insulting comments about Merkel and towards the opinions of others here are completely unwarranted.

i didnt know i insulted anyones opinions. i guess it's ok to insult bush here, but not Merkel.

but, whatever im staying out of here from now on.

Weird. I can't really say how I feel, if those few grainy photos are all we've got.

Not that this is nearly as professional a situation, but I work with all guys and I've noticed that they're always patting each other's shoulders or giving them a little squeeze. A few of them do it to me too. One guy likes to surprise me by doing it (but he's also annoying and pokes my neck with pens to surprise me). I don't feel violated and I know they mean nothing by it.

So I guess I couldn't really say it's "sexual harassment" unless she's come out and said she felt violated. That's a seriously harsh accusation and as much as I despise Bush, I'd rather hear how Merkel feels and not speculate over a few still shots.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom