President Bush on tribal sovereignity

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I think even he knew how stupid he sounded. There was definitely a chuckle there.

As soon as I saw the thread title I thought there's no way that Bush knows what "sovereignty" means and that this is gonna be good. He did not disappoint.

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

aww, just because the man is an idiot
it doesn't mean that he can't be a good president

:up:

Ha ha ha, Bushchimphitler is a dumbass, he so dumb he dont know what the relevance of tribal sovereignty in the 21st Century is, man he is the dumbest president ever and he is a tool of his neocon/haliburton/zionist advisors!
/LLL Moonbat

Seriously folks, the man may not be a great off the cuff public speaker (in fact I think he is quite bad at it) but he is no fool. I think that this mindless Bush bashing is not the productive area of discussion.

Although I did laugh my arse off when he said Tribal Soverignty mean that you are Soverign.

A_Wanderer said:

Seriously folks, the man may not be a great off the cuff public speaker (in fact I think he is quite bad at it) but he is no fool. I think that this mindless Bush bashing is not the productive area of discussion.

It goes beyond his speaking abilities. He truly didn't know what it meant and tried very foolishly to cover that fact up. The man is not the sharpest tool in the shed, he just isn't. Some people are fine with that, some don't think intelligence is neccesary in a leader, I on the other hand believe there is a neccesary amount of intelligence needed. You may chalk it up to him not being a great speaker and liberals mindless bashing, but I think the true issue is being avoided if one does this.

Well, no one ever accused Bush of being a smooth talker. :wink:

What's funny about this clip isn't that Bush isn't the greatest public speaker. That we already knew. What's funny is that he obvioulsy has no idea what he's talking about, and is trying to bluff through the answer to the question. That goes beyond any debates over "smooth talk."

And welcome back! :wave:

U2democrat said:
watching that video makes me cringe for him, and for me, as an American who is represented around the world by that man.

ain't it the truth.

the thing I hate the most, and I've seen him do this in numerous press conferences, is as soon the the question is finished being asked, he immediately says "yeah..." like he's fully understood and internalized the question and has an intelligent and "oh, well, that's easy" kind of answer.

what an asshole.
I'd vote for kermit d. frog over this chump in november.

Why do liberals mock Bush as being an incompetent moron yet then turn around and accuse him of being a coniving trickster who duped everyone into going along with his scheme of a war in Iraq?

Is he stupid or smart?

Who ever claimed Bush was a genius? :confused: You don't need to be brilliant to mislead people. Salesmen are proof of that.

As to what the signifigance of tribal sovereignity is, I have no idea. It's a good thing I'm not the President of the United States addressing Native American jounalists.

BonoVoxSupastar said:

Like I said it goes beyond his speech abilities. He did not know what it meant.
indeed

his inability to deliver a proper speech can't serve as an excuse for his lack of knowledge on certain topics shouldn
the man just isn't the brightest bulb to shine its light upon this earth

the question on which topics he should at least be knowledgable is a different one

Last edited:
Bush is no fool, I say again that a good leader has to be able to lead a team of smart people and not let his ego get in the way of that. They also should be able to make a tough decision and stick by it.

A_Wanderer said:
Bush is no fool, I say again that a good leader has to be able to lead a team of smart people
Or in Bush's case, let the team of smart people lead him. We keep seeing what happens when he doesn't have a cheat sheet to read from.

I know this doesn't fit here, but to save starting another thread.. yet another "Bushism". Maybe we should have a thread just for those, but the forum might explode :D

POPLAR BLUFF, Mo. (Reuters) - President Bush offered an unexpected reason on Monday for cracking down on frivolous medical lawsuits: "Too many OB-GYNs aren't able to practice their love with women all across this country."

The Republican president, long known for verbal and grammatical lapses, included the anecdote about obstetrician gynecologists in his stump speech attacking Democratic presidential rival Sen. John Kerry and his running mate, Sen. John Edwards, a former trial lawyer.

At a rally of cheering supporters in Poplar Bluff, Missouri, Bush made his usual pitch for limiting "frivolous lawsuits" that he said drive up the cost of health care and run doctors out of business.

But then he added, "We've got an issue in America. Too many good docs are getting out of business. Too many OB-GYNs aren't able to practice their love with women all across this country."

:huh:

Flying FuManchu said:
So what is the significance of tribal sovereignty?

This question would make a good thread on it's own. In short, it is insular rule. The significance of it is bigger than I for one care to write out at 1.30am on a Wednesday morning :wink: But throw issues like equality, rights, history (literally), culture and power into it, and we have a start.

Or as Mr W says, the relationship....between....sovereign entities

/end answering rhetorical questions.

I'd assume in this case it is referring to the native American Indians. There's a whole bunch of recognised tribes who have an 'arrangement' with the US govt, and allow self law etc. With accepting and recognising sovereignty, the US is opening it's arms to co-existance and respect for how they as a people want to run things. An American will be able to elaborate much more on this, I am really only speaking in general terms. They might even correct me.

Angela Harlem said it better than Bush did. The question remains, if Angela knew what the question was about, and I knew what the question was about, then why didn't the president?

nbcrusader said:
And know all talking points for all issues at every moment...

Come on, it was a very general question and Bush could have given a very general answer just like you or I could. The point is, he just doesn't know what to say. The guy just can't think on his feet.

Mind you, I bet Cheney has been preparing him on what Bush's opinion should be in case it comes up during the debates. :wink:

Back
Top Bottom