President Bush keeping his promise on way to Africa- - Page 4 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 12-20-2002, 11:25 PM   #46
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 06:03 PM
Normal Re: Re: President Bush keeping his promise on way to Africa-

Quote:
Originally posted by Hi Bias
Bush Postpones Trip to Africa

Old 12-21-2002, 12:20 AM   #47
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Local Time: 05:03 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by bonoman
you are to stubborn,
Should I request the moderators to warn you for this personal attack like you requested that they warn me after my exchange with ryxmyx last week? Honestly, I thought your response here was quite humorous.

~U2Alabama

Old 12-21-2002, 12:38 AM   #48
us3
The Fly

Local Time: 03:03 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by diamond
Arun and I have spoke about Bill Frist for months.
Arun and I have have chatted about the old Republican mindset, which keeps a lot of open-minded ppl afraid of the G.O. P.
Arun has always liked Senator Frist alot for a Republican.
This is truly the direction and minset of present day Republicanism ,believe it or not.
Examples like -

Bertrum Schroeder

Peace-
DB9
Bertrum Schroeder flees Republican Party upon receiving news from cousin Gerhard that G. Bush is like Hitler.
Old 12-21-2002, 01:13 AM   #49
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 04:03 PM

Old 12-21-2002, 02:01 AM   #50
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Re: President Bush keeping his promise on way to Africa-

Quote:
Jan 10 2003.

Bono stated earlier he thought GW gives a shit about how the world sees Africa and wants the world to know America is concerned for Africa..

Bono also stated after GW's meeting w Bono in the Oval Office that he refered to the AIDS Crisis in Africa as genocide.
I think the reason Bush is going is because he is a decent human being..
Period.

Out-
Diamond
Was this before or after Dubya fired former Secretary of Treasury Paul H. O'Neill?
Old 12-21-2002, 02:13 AM   #51
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Local Time: 05:03 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by sulawesigirl4

I am reminded of the story in the New Testament about the Pharisee and the poor widow giving their offerings. The Pharisee gave more in terms of a monetary sum and was very proud of himself for being so holy, even though he was very rich and the amount was only a small percentage of his total wealth. The widow gave only 2 pennies, but it was all she had. Remember which one Jesus commended?

Food for thought.
Sula:

I do agree with the relevance of this passage on a personal level, but remember that the U.S. is sipposed to be a "secular" nation, and CERTAINLY should not base it's policymaking on Christian scripture. Foreign policy and aid are indeed included in that prohibition.

I view military aid as a form of foreign aid but I do not view it as a form of humanitarian aid. But that does not make military aid any less necessary, unfortunately. As nice as it would be to ensure world peace by simply distributing non-genetically engineered corn around the world and by giving 6-figure salaries and extensive benefits to factory workers in "third world" countries, I do not see it happening that easily. We need to make improvements in our foreign poicy and spending, "third world" governments need to make improvements in their internal and foreign policy, and everybody needs to voluntarily look out for their fellow human being because it's the right thing to do.

Also, I know that after I say this, everyone will just go right back to the U.S. military spending issue, but please remember that in order for the U.S. to boost foreign spending, the U.S. will have to make sacrifices in other areas. I do not see military spending facing significant cuts anytime soon, and you can blame that on the boys in Al Qaeda. If it was their intent, they need to re-think their method of encouragin the U.S. to increase international humanitarian aid. As far as cuts in other sectors of U.S. spending, please remember that government sub-agencies have multiplied like rabbits since FDR was President, and they are hungry rabbits at that. They consider their expanding budgets to be entitlements, and they scream very loud when their trough is threatened.

~U2Alabama
Old 12-21-2002, 02:30 AM   #52
ONE
love, blood, life

Normal Re: Re: President Bush keeping his promise on way to Africa-

Quote:
Originally posted by theSoulfulMofo

Was this before or after Dubya fired former Secretary of Treasury Paul H. O'Neill?
soulfo-
after.

db9
Old 12-21-2002, 02:31 AM   #53
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

okie dok.
Old 12-22-2002, 04:31 AM   #54
Refugee

Quote:
Originally posted by U2Bama

Should I request the moderators to warn you for this personal attack like you requested that they warn me after my exchange with ryxmyx last week? Honestly, I thought your response here was quite humorous.

~U2Alabama
Kleenex?

My job is to make you laugh....YES i succeceded!!!
Old 12-22-2002, 09:56 AM   #55
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 12:03 AM
...and here a example for aid to Africa.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/alqaida/st...857157,00.html

And sting2, do not forget to read the third link on the left side of that page. You can find a big example of the Dutch way to fight terror.
Old 12-25-2002, 03:29 PM   #56
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
Originally posted by theSoulfulMofo
okie dok.
Furturmore-

The New Treasury Secretary has been on the phone w Bono immedeately after O'Neill's departure.

Apparently this administration is committed to the cause irregardless of what others may claim.

God Bless-

Diamond
Old 12-26-2002, 08:34 PM   #57
New Yorker

Local Time: 07:03 PM
Quote:

Furturmore-

The New Treasury Secretary has been on the phone w Bono immedeately after O'Neill's departure.

Apparently this administration is committed to the cause irregardless of what others may claim.

God Bless-

Diamond
Diamond, I'd love details. This is great news. Is there an article you might be able to post? Sounds like I need to write another letter for all the Angels to send!

Cheryl
Old 12-26-2002, 08:42 PM   #58
Refugee

Quote:

Furturmore-

God Bless-

Diamond
While it is unclear to the details of the conversation to prove that the administation is committed to the cause, when I read that the new Treasury Secretary called Bono I was pretty impressed and hopeful that you are right and they are committed.
Old 12-26-2002, 08:44 PM   #59
Refugee

Quote:
Originally posted by Sherry Darling

Diamond, I'd love details. This is great news. Is there an article you might be able to post? Sounds like I need to write another letter for all the Angels to send!

Cheryl
Hi Cheryl, reference to the call is in this article:

http://forum2.interference.com/showt...threadid=70081

Quote:
Bono checks his voice mail. Twelve messages.

"Only the 12," he jokes.

There are business messages and personal messages. One from the Ghanaian children's choir, the Gateway Ambassadors, who had traveled with him on the DATA tour. They sang him a song and he held up the phone so the other people in the car could hear it. There were calls he'd forgotten to return, that one of his aides had returned for him.

"Oooh. The new Treasury secretary," Bono says, retrieving a message from U.S. Treasury Secretary-designate John Snow, who had just been appointed to replace Bono's friend, former Treasury Secretary Paul O'Neill.
Old 12-26-2002, 09:08 PM   #60
New Yorker

Quote:
Originally posted by BostonAnne

Hi Cheryl, reference to the call is in this article:

http://forum2.interference.com/showt...threadid=70081

TY, Angel!

Yeah, definitely sounds like we wanna greet this guy with some letters! I'll write one and post it!

Thanks again!

SD