Pres. Ford clears his conscience? - Page 2 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 11-25-2007, 09:52 PM   #16
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Local Time: 03:31 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by U2girl
I don't think we'll ever know the truth. I don't buy the official "Oswald did it alone" theory.

I do.

He was the lone assasian.

Old 11-25-2007, 09:55 PM   #17
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally posted by the iron horse
He was the lone assasian.

OK?

Any rebuttal for Dreadsox's points?

Old 11-26-2007, 03:40 AM   #18
Refugee

Local Time: 08:31 AM
I don't get it......why doesn't anyone dispute that the Titanic was sunk by an iceberg, or that the Japanese bombed Pearl Harbour, or that the earth is round......? Because these are FACTS....just like Kennedy's assasination and 911.

Why this obsessive need to change history? I just don't get it.

Why can't people leave well enough alone and just deal with the fact that Oswald killed Kennedy and Al Qaida was responsible for 911?

What's next? Neil Armstrong didn't walk on the moon?

Gimme a break!
Old 11-26-2007, 03:52 AM   #19
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Local Time: 04:31 AM
I don't necessarily ascribe to the lone assassin, but I'm not really sure Dread presented information in this particular thread that anyone could rebut. Evidence was destroyed, but we don't really know the nature of the evidence. Tim Miller presents nothing other than a statement here that Clinton knows more without offering anything that might be in the nature of proof he does. And his question, "Has he or any other US President since November 22, 1963 ever swore under oath that they know no more?" pulsates with implication, but doesn't even raise a serious question, let alone provide an answer. That question kind of reminds me of the questions the proponents of space alien visitation propose. The article in this particular thread makes too many leaps. Yeah, I'm bothered when evidence is destroyed, but was this some smoking gun that absolutely annihilates the Warren Commission conclusion? They're not making that case really well.

Do I think the Warren Commission covered all the angles? No.
Is it possible that there were many other people involved? Yes.
But at this point, the conspiracy theories are hypotheticals, running from the kind of credible to so off the wall they have no credence. I haven't seen one solid theory backed up with substantial enough evidence (including the lone gunman) that convinces me one way or the other. I certainly have heard enough theories that make me say "That's interesting." But so far, nothing more than that.
Old 11-26-2007, 06:24 AM   #20
Blue Crack Supplier

I think he has, and I think Dave did try to rebut it.
Old 11-26-2007, 06:36 AM   #21
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Local Time: 04:31 AM
They were arguing the Cuban Missile Crisis as to being a possible motive for the assassination, not evidence of the actual assassination. I thought that was an interesting discussion.
Old 11-26-2007, 08:11 AM   #22
Blue Crack Addict

Basically, yes, that's what we were talking about.

I'm not going to try to rebut Dread's 6 or 7 posts full of information simply because I think we're both arguing the same side in most of what he's talking about when it comes to the actual assassination.
Old 11-26-2007, 02:41 PM   #23
Blue Crack Addict

Oswald was involved, but not alone.
Old 11-26-2007, 04:44 PM   #24
Blue Crack Addict

Location: In a dimension known as the Twilight Zone...do de doo doo, do de doo doo...
Local Time: 02:31 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by AchtungBono
I don't get it......why doesn't anyone dispute that the Titanic was sunk by an iceberg, or that the Japanese bombed Pearl Harbour, or that the earth is round......? Because these are FACTS....just like Kennedy's assasination and 911.

Why this obsessive need to change history? I just don't get it.

Why can't people leave well enough alone and just deal with the fact that Oswald killed Kennedy and Al Qaida was responsible for 911?

What's next? Neil Armstrong didn't walk on the moon?

Gimme a break!
Hey, there are people who say that the moon landing was a hoax, so...

But anywho, in regards to your questions, well, sometimes things come up later that change what we've known to be true. Or some people just have questions about major events, especially of the tragic kind-it's only natural that after a president's killed or a terrorist attack occurs or a boat sinks, that people want to know why the hell something that horrific happened. I'm not one to subscribe to conspiracy theories, either, never have been. But at the same time, it never hurts to ask questions. Just because it's been accepted as fact for so long doesn't automatically mean it's immune from continued exploration and investigation. If nothing else, it allows us to learn from these tragedies and try and avoid letting them happen again.

Angela
Old 11-26-2007, 06:26 PM   #25
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
Originally posted by DaveC
Basically, yes, that's what we were talking about.

I'm not going to try to rebut Dread's 6 or 7 posts full of information simply because I think we're both arguing the same side in most of what he's talking about when it comes to the actual assassination.
Dave,

You have no clue how much I enjoyed digging around searching for things on the Cuban Missile Crisis. In college I lived my senior year at the Kennedy Library researching the Alliance for Progress handling in my own hands documents touched by the President and Robert.

I did run accross something indicating Berlin had something to do with the missiles. I have not had the opportunity to find any other source for it though. Most everything I find indicates the missiles in Turkey were his main objective.

Thank you for making the discussion interesting.
Old 11-26-2007, 06:36 PM   #26
ONE
love, blood, life

As I have gotten older I am becoming less convinced that there was more than one shooter. I do believe it was Oswalds gun that did the killing. My problem is the destruction of evidence.

There are many questions about Oswald that even in Bugliosi's 1,700 page book published this year that have not been answered to my satisfaction.

He certainly has me believing the Warren Commission was not so far off.

I guess I have trouble with the fact that records have been sealed, things hidden, things destroyed.

I still think he was an agent gone bad.