Premonitions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

DoctorGonzo

War Child
This is a topic I post with much reluctance.

I've spent a while wrestling with this issue, and didn't want to bring it out in front of a wide audience, but to be honest, I don't know what to do, or to think.

Over the years, things have happened. I've found myself sitting in a car, or standing in front of a TV, only to suddenly have a thought "arrive" in my brain. Without any thought leading up to it, it just appears there while I'm thinking about nothing, really.

I remember sitting in the back seat of a car while some woman I knew was driving and talking about her plans for the following year. I was daydreaming, looking out at the road when I suddenly thought "No! Nothing is going to happen, none of that is going to occur! Nothing! No future! No!"

I was a bit wierded out by it, but I was overcome with the idea that this woman had no future, that there was something very, very wrong there. But, I quickly dismissed it and paid attention to much more pressing, and tangible concerns.

Two weeks later she was dead of an anyerusm.

I watched a documentary on a particular film, not gonna mention the name, but there was a rather obscure actor interviewed. "He is going to die of a heart attack" was there in my mind in a flash. I could do nothing, so I said nothing.

Two weeks later he was dead of a heart attack.

Now, these were not premonitions that could possibly have any trigger in the natural world. Talking about a ship being unsinkable, and then having a dream about it sinking is a natural trigger. You have a reason to think what you think. A tangible fear, something that you can say brought the thought to you. I never had that. Just random things out of the blue. Nothing that would be brought on by anything I'd heard or seen before.

People weren't sick. The circumstances they were in were no different than any other day.

No one said "hey! this person has such and such condition", etc.

The very fact I could not have possibly known about any of these events occuring is what makes them all the more odd. If someone had told me my friend's mom died at the same age of the same thing, then yes, I might have a fear-inspired dream or something. But that's not the case in any of the preminitons I've had.

I've never had any reason to suspect the events that were about to take place. Yet, I could somehow forsee them.

I can't do it on demand. If you tell me to give my thoughts on a particualr person or event, I won't be able to help you. I'm not a telephone "psychic" here. These things come to me randomly and rarely. Very rarely. I'd almost thought that I had seen the last of them up until early this year. A total of 3 this year, which is a record. I've only had two others. The first was just a "vibe" way back in 1994, the second was the one I mentioned first - that happened in 1997, and the first one this year was the second one I mentioned, which was quickly followed by another one. And finally, there was yet another. 3 in all during 2001.

But the thing that bothers me, is the fact I can't tell anyone about this sort of thing.
I can think of every one of the times I've had a premonition and there is no way I could have done anything. If I told people, nothing could have been done, even if they had believed me, which they wouldn't of. Because what proof would I have? Premonitions don't get much reaction in this world other than laughter.

Do you believe in this sort of thing? Do you have any explinations? Ideas about what someone should do when they have one?

OMG I am a U2 psychic. I SWEAR.

This is all true:

1.) The morning of the day that Bono's daddy died, I listened to ATYCLB for some reason. I just NEEDED to. And I listened to Kite first. I didn't even really like that song at that point, but I chose to hear it first. Then about 2 hours later I read that he had died...*weird*

2.) Morning of Sept 11. I listened to ATYCLB as well. First song I put on? POE. I don't know why. I just remember hearing that, going to school, hearing the news, then we got out of school early and it was on the radio too. I felt sick that whole week.

*scares myself*

------------------
~*Mona*~ the Shamrock n rolla!

"Most of our organization is run by women. We sort of work for them, really!" ~BonoBaby~

We live forwards. We understand backwards.

TURN EACH SONG INTO A PRAYER

P.S. Other than U2-song-related things, I don't experience this...but it's weird. I also have a lot of deja vu moments. Only it's something happens and I'm like "This was in that dream I had last week" or something like that. Simple stuff, not big stuff like with my U2 psychic abilities.

P.P.S. Have you ever had that feeling where it's like you're NOT all there? Usually that happens to me when I'm really tired, but sometimes it just happens randomly. I dont' know how to explain it. It's like you're just not all there.

I'm NOT crazy, guys! I'm serious about this! Am I SPECIAL?

------------------
~*Mona*~ the Shamrock n rolla!

"Most of our organization is run by women. We sort of work for them, really!" ~BonoBaby~

We live forwards. We understand backwards.

TURN EACH SONG INTO A PRAYER

Wow DoctorGonzo, that was an amazing thing to share. I completely believe in that kind of stuff. I feel things myself on occasion. Not like you, where I can actually predict something, but I get feelings. Deja-Vu's, etc... I can't really explain it, but there have been instances in the past that I just knew would happen and they did. The power of the mind if is an incredible thing and I believe if we are open to these feelings we can all experience them, some more so than others. I had no clue that the tragedy of 09/11 was going to happen, but that morning while walking to work, at that precise moment when the first plane hit, I started to cry, completely unaware of what was happening. I cried the whole way to work that day because I just felt so sad fro some reason. Maybe it had nothing to with anything other than I missed my friends in far away places, but still it was one of those feelings those strange coincidences. I'll stop there for fear of people thinking I am a nut job, but if you have feelings, trust them, embrace them, and believe in yourself.

------------------
"I'm staring at the sun, not the only one who's happy to go blind..."

[This message has been edited by Angel (edited 11-01-2001).]

Originally posted by DoctorGonzo:
This is a topic I post with much reluctance.

I've spent a while wrestling with this issue, and didn't want to bring it out in front of a wide audience, but to be honest, I don't know what to do, or to think.

Over the years, things have happened. I've found myself sitting in a car, or standing in front of a TV, only to suddenly have a thought "arrive" in my brain. Without any thought leading up to it, it just appears there while I'm thinking about nothing, really.

I remember sitting in the back seat of a car while some woman I knew was driving and talking about her plans for the following year. I was daydreaming, looking out at the road when I suddenly thought "No! Nothing is going to happen, none of that is going to occur! Nothing! No future! No!"

I was a bit wierded out by it, but I was overcome with the idea that this woman had no future, that there was something very, very wrong there. But, I quickly dismissed it and paid attention to much more pressing, and tangible concerns.

Two weeks later she was dead of an anyerusm.

I watched a documentary on a particular film, not gonna mention the name, but there was a rather obscure actor interviewed. "He is going to die of a heart attack" was there in my mind in a flash. I could do nothing, so I said nothing.

Two weeks later he was dead of a heart attack.

Now, these were not premonitions that could possibly have any trigger in the natural world. Talking about a ship being unsinkable, and then having a dream about it sinking is a natural trigger. You have a reason to think what you think. A tangible fear, something that you can say brought the thought to you. I never had that. Just random things out of the blue. Nothing that would be brought on by anything I'd heard or seen before.

People weren't sick. The circumstances they were in were no different than any other day.

No one said "hey! this person has such and such condition", etc.

The very fact I could not have possibly known about any of these events occuring is what makes them all the more odd. If someone had told me my friend's mom died at the same age of the same thing, then yes, I might have a fear-inspired dream or something. But that's not the case in any of the preminitons I've had.

I've never had any reason to suspect the events that were about to take place. Yet, I could somehow forsee them.

I can't do it on demand. If you tell me to give my thoughts on a particualr person or event, I won't be able to help you. I'm not a telephone "psychic" here. These things come to me randomly and rarely. Very rarely. I'd almost thought that I had seen the last of them up until early this year. A total of 3 this year, which is a record. I've only had two others. The first was just a "vibe" way back in 1994, the second was the one I mentioned first - that happened in 1997, and the first one this year was the second one I mentioned, which was quickly followed by another one. And finally, there was yet another. 3 in all during 2001.

But the thing that bothers me, is the fact I can't tell anyone about this sort of thing.
I can think of every one of the times I've had a premonition and there is no way I could have done anything. If I told people, nothing could have been done, even if they had believed me, which they wouldn't of. Because what proof would I have? Premonitions don't get much reaction in this world other than laughter.

Do you believe in this sort of thing? Do you have any explinations? Ideas about what someone should do when they have one?

wow that is really eerie. i don't mean to be sarcastic but it sounds like a movie script or something.

it's your gift-your curse

------------------
i'm a reasonable man
get off my case

Originally posted by Achtung Bubba:
I have ESPN.

Does that count?
LOL! I just CHOKED on my Kool aid, thank you!

------------------
~*Mona*~
Ramble on,
Sing my song

WHAT YOU DON'T HAVE YOU DON'T NEED IT NOW
WHAT YOU DON'T KNOW YOU CAN FEEL IT SOMEHOW

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom