Pregnant Man - "Love Makes A Family"

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Same here. The way I see it, if you have female genitals and organs -- which Beatie has, and not one of both sexes-- you obviously are a woman. To me, this a pregnant woman without breasts and has a deep voice and beard.

And BTW, if they're both lesbians, why would one of them want to be a man? And how does the other feel about her girlfriend turning into a man when she's not attracted to men? Is there bisexuality going on there?

Pearl said:
And BTW, if they're both lesbians, why would one of them want to be a man? And how does the other feel about her girlfriend turning into a man when she's not attracted to men? Is there bisexuality going on there?

Sexual orientation and gender identity are two separate issues. As such, there are transgendered individuals who are effectively heterosexual, homosexual, or bisexual like the rest of society.

Pearl said:
The way I see it, if you have female genitals and organs -- which Beatie has, and not one of both sexes-- you obviously are a woman.
Most transsexual men still have female genitals, though, at least in the US. Phalloplasty is extremely expensive and almost no insurance plans here cover it, plus it's not as advanced as vaginoplasty and thus the results are often less than satisfactory, both aesthetically and functionally. As explained in the article, though, testosterone therapy does cause significant changes in the size of the genitals (specifically the clitoris) all by itself.

I must admit, this does my head in a little as its' way outside my frame of reference - although I have to agree with one of the first posters here (sorry :reject: too lazy to quote) that all a family needs is love & no matter how a family is made, its the welfare of the child that should be of utmost importance . . . I just hope that child has an easy ride and isn't maligned for how he/ she came into this world :)

i watched the Oprah episode on this, and i it seems as if the two will make fine parents and provide a loving home.

:shrug:

everything else is interesting, but ultimately wallpaper.

^What he said :up:

I just saw the episode over the weekend. Thought it was quite interesting. And I don't know if it was mentioned early on, but Oprah did ask him if he felt he was born in the wrong body, as some people feel, and he said no. And I believe he stopped taking testosterone about 2 years ago. And they did pick out a sperm donor, and the wife impregnated the husband. And for those that didn't see the show (again, I didn't read thru the whole first post since I had seen the episode), the wife has 2 adult daughters. And Thomas had been pregnant before, but it was an ectopic pregnancy & had to be terminated, and one of his/her two tubes tied, making the chances of getting pregnant that much more difficult. I wish them all the best.

Back
Top Bottom