Prayers for Dreadsox

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I have not been online in 2 weeks, and not been in here for close to a month, so I'm just seeing this now.

ANOTHER? Who was the first person?

As someone who is STILL grappling with my mother's very unexpected and unconventional exit from this terrestrial plane, (she hung herself on Oct 29, in case you FYM folks have forgotten) Dread, (Matt), I feel your pain. You are truly in my prayers.

I was waiting for the holidays to be over and I am still dealing with a lot of family crap. My ex-stepfather has done a very good job of tearing our family apart, turning members of my family against each other, compounding my problems. Instead of banding together for solace, we are turning against each other, and I am caught in the middle. I have had to work up the courage to sever all ties with him completely and find a way to keep in contact with my kid sister, (he spies on all her mail and phone calls, lucky he had already given me her cell number.) Any sense of healing or recovery at this point, as a result, is still impossible. If anything, I feel even more alone then I did after the funeral.A t least then, I had a family giving me support. Now that bastard has almost destroyed everything. And he KILLED Mom as sure as shot her...There have been many days lately I have not spoken to family, friend or ANYONE online, on the phone, or otherwise. I certainly lost track of the tour, and didn;t even look at any news.

I wish, Diamond, you could give me his #, but that's inapprpriate to ask, I know....

Dread, mail me. Spindle40@hotmail.com .

I am slowly coming back into the swing of things. Better yet, call me. My # is: That's a home phone, NOT a cell. (which I don't have.) Best times to reach me are after 9:30 PM every night, or if you are not a night owl. after 7 on Wednesdays.

My work # is and that is between 10-5 on weekdays except Weds.

I know it's futile at this point to utter meaningless phrases like "I'm sorry" "If there's anything I can do" etc ad nauseum etc. People say that b/c they don't know what TO do. They're strangers. But as someone still dealing with the recent loss of a loved one, I can imagine your pain..and sometimes I feel like nothing helps. Not even Bible study. Healing will take along time, but it will come, I know. You don't sound like the crying on shoulder type, but hey, I"m here.

God bless you.

~T~

*Phone numbers edited by Sicy

Last edited:
Again thank you for all your thoughts and prayers.

If I may tell a story about something wonderful.

Last night about 730 before the Patriots game my son was eating a hot dog and choked. I tried the Heimlick (SP) maneuver and was able to unubstruck the airway for a few minutes. He was getting air, but it was clear that the hot dog was still there.

About a minute later it relodged and try as I might, I could not get the dog out, my wife was on 911 as he turned a purpl;ish blue and his legs gave out. AS he was going down I gave one more thrust and freed the dog from his throat.

He was talking when the paramedics came, and we road in the ambulance together. He is FINE!

I am a thankful man today. I thank you all for your prayers. Be thankful for your blessings and give thanks in the manner you worship.

Dreadsox said:

Last night about 730 before the Patriots game my son was eating a hot dog and choked. I tried the Heimlick (SP) maneuver and was able to unubstruck the airway for a few minutes. He was getting air, but it was clear that the hot dog was still there.

About a minute later it relodged and try as I might, I could not get the dog out, my wife was on 911 as he turned a purpl;ish blue and his legs gave out. AS he was going down I gave one more thrust and freed the dog from his throat.

He was talking when the paramedics came, and we road in the ambulance together. He is FINE!

I am a thankful man today. I thank you all for your prayers. Be thankful for your blessings and give thanks in the manner you worship.

Well done mate! Good to hear your son is doing well. :up:

Matt, that was an incredibly scary experience. I have tears in my eyes at the thought of how scary it was. I am thankful for your family that everything turned out ok. :hug:

Dreadsox said:

:up:

well done, sir.

good dad, lucky kid.

Wow Dread that had to be frightening! :ohmy: Glad everthing came out okay (no pun intended).

Maybe that's a sign of purging out the bad stuff in your life and things will start getting better.......

That had to have been horrifying. I'm so glad your son is ok now.

And you and your family continue to be in my thoughts.

Dreadsox said:

Wow. :hug:

Back
Top Bottom