Prayers for Africa

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Dreadsox

ONE love, blood, life
Tonight my wife and I will be completing the course we have been teaching in our church on the AIDS crisis and the churches response to the crisis in Africa.

If you would be so kind, tonight we are hopefully setting a course of action for our parish in response to the crisis.

My wife and I have been working on this for almost a year and a half, taking classes, attending conventions, preparing the classes, teaching the classes.......

Prayers and well wishes are welcome because tonight will determine how successful we have been at educating people.

Thank you.

Mr. & Mrs. Dread.

That's awesome! With all the work and thought you've put into it, I'm sure you've made a difference.

A course for the church....that's such a good idea. My church could really use something like that....

:up: There's no better way than this to share your faith with others. Kudos to you for taking the time and effort to get more people involved, and prayers that your efforts bear fruit.

nbcrusader said:
How did it go Dread?

We are going forward by trying to bring the program my wife and I taught to the middle school and high school kids in our church.

We are looking at a project to get bicycles to churches that have been training people to go into the villages for at home care to help care for people suffering at home.

We are also invesigating raising money to help pay for education.

Rats, Dread. I should have been in this thread a few days ago. My aunt is scheduled to leave for Kenya in a few days; she goes every year to teach English in a village in the countryside for 6 weeks. She hasn't told me what NGO she works for though. Maybe I can ask her if her villagers want any bikes?:wink: (I should give her my "One" band:)She's not even a u2 fan...

BTW, Dread. Hope you and the Mrs are well. I understand you suffered a loss a few weeks ago. You have been in my prayers. May this work you are undertaking be a comfort to you in time of grief, a constructive way out.

Regards, ~T~ (the fleabitten liberal:wink: )

--who's also mightly P****d off a Harry Reid for forcing the only candidate who could get Congress back for the Dems NOT to run....he dropped out...chickens**t cowards! I was going to start a thread on this! For one day only, I invite anyone to heap abuse on the Democratic party b/c they DESERVE to lose in the fall now!)

Back
Top Bottom