Prayer request - For those who believe in such things

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cardosino

War Child
My 8-year old son has been diagnosed with BiPolar, any spare prayers you might have to give he and my wife strength in dealing with it are appreciated.

i'm ambivalent about the effacacy of prayer (and only said that because of the caveat in your headline), but i do wish you and your family all of the best in dealing with this. i am terribly sorry to hear about it, but from what i can tell from your posts, your son is lucky to have you as a father.

best of luck to all 3 of you.

My ex-fiance has bipolar disorder. It can be difficult for both the individual with the disorder and his or her family and friends.

I will keep you, your son, and your family in my prayers. :hug:

I wish you only the best as you, your wife, and your son overcome your obstacles together. I'd like to also say as Irvine did that your son is lucky to have you as a father. I pray that your family will be given the strength to cope with this, stay strong.

You're definitely in my prayers. I went to high school with two people with bipolar. It's very difficult for not just the patient but also their family.

Again, thanks everyone.

I apologize in advance for not thanking each of you individually, I truly do however appreciate everyone's sentiments, thoughts and prayers.

The internet is truly a great thing, we can find support groups, message boards, medical info, etc etc which were not available to previous generations.

cardosino said:
My 8-year old son has been diagnosed with BiPolar, any spare prayers you might have to give he and my wife strength in dealing with it are appreciated.
:hug:

I have an aunt that is BiPolar, and they know so much more about it than they did 20 years ago. Doctors have learned so much about it throughout the years and have many ways to treat it. I will definately keep your family in my prayers. Blessings upon you and your family!:hug:

Keeping you and your family in my thoughts. :hug:

Someone very very close to me :reject: was diagnosed bipolar in college. It's not easy for anyone, but definitely treatable now. Unfortunately it can take awhile to find the right treatments and for them to go into effect, etc.

Only 8 though, poor little guy. :sad:

neutral said:
Keeping you and your family in my thoughts. :hug:

Someone very very close to me :reject: was diagnosed bipolar in college. It's not easy for anyone, but definitely treatable now. Unfortunately it can take awhile to find the right treatments and for them to go into effect, etc.

Only 8 though, poor little guy. :sad:

I'm happy we're catching it sooner rather than later, I feel sorry for those who had terrible childhoods and didn't know why, or other parents in our position who didn't have the types of resources we have available via internet, etc these days.

In my parent's day we'd have been diagnosed as bad parents with a spoiled brat child, totally disregarding how our other 2 are, I feel really bad for them also as they will have a lot to put up with too.

Still, with support, medicine, therapy, God's grace and the support of communities like this, I'm sure we'll come through this one too.

Just watching another Tsunami-related article (>220K dead now ?) puts things into perspective, as do my frequent trips to Manila for business when I get a glimpse of how a lot of the rest of the world lives.

It would be hypocritical of me to offer prayers, but I do wish you and your family well. And you're right, having a diagnosis does help. It's a first, very important step.

You got it. :hug: My husband is bi-polar, I know what you're dealing with. Apparently it's more common than we think. All the best to you and your family.

Cardosino, prayers for you, your family and your child.

It is a blessing to discover this so early. Our own son was diagnosed with a form of autism at age 4. I couldn't imagine the years of wondering what was wrong without the diagnosis.

I hope you are soon equiped with appropriate medical and relational tools and skills to guide and grow your child.

nbcrusader said:
Cardosino, prayers for you, your family and your child.

It is a blessing to discover this so early. Our own son was diagnosed with a form of autism at age 4. I couldn't imagine the years of wondering what was wrong without the diagnosis.

I hope you are soon equiped with appropriate medical and relational tools and skills to guide and grow your child.

Again, I am humbled by everyone's responses.

oh, and so young too, get it! :sigh:

Prayers of strength to you, your wife, your son and & other family members concerned. :hug:

There is a great website for a radio show called "the Infinite Mind" which deals with....the brain, Metal Wellness, Mental Illness, various ways people think about different issues, mental & physical links...all kinds of stuff.

I know they have had a program [if not now even a more up-dated one on BiPolar.

In fact they were one of the first places I heard about ?fish oils [omega 3's ?, i think] that were used in a Big University study- where they 'broke' the study and gave the placeboo subjects the same treatment they had been experimenting with because it was working so well. I'm almost sure that it was for Bipolar, becuase i beleive i remember them saying -- it helped to slow down the cycles of bipolar.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom