Prayer

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
coemgen said:
You're right, Hindus, Jews and Buddhists disagree. That was my whole point in bringing it up in the first place! If all paths lead to God, why do they all conflict?

Since we're going in circles now (And I know I'm the one causing us to turn the corner again) lets get back to prayer, since people might see the thread title and actually want to talk about prayer.

Well....here's the thing. You have faith in the Bible. Faith that everything written in there is complete truth. Other people, such as a Buddhist, looks at thier own text as complete truth and have faith in that.

Isn't faith something defined Biblically as is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen? I have to believe that anyone who wants to be close to God can be as long as they draw to God in faith that God exisits. In that way, I have to believe that God can find anyone that wants to be found.

But anyways, yes, to get back to the topic of prayer. I pray daily....mostly just in quiet "being" and & sometimes with a specific purpose.

I have seen some powerful results to prayer.

That doesn't mean I never feel like my prayers aren't just bouncing off the ceiling at times. And of course sometimes I get answers I dont like such as "no" or "not yet".

Last edited:
I have to believe that anyone who wants to be close to God can be as long as they draw to God in faith that God exisits. In that way, I have to believe that God can find anyone that wants to be found.
originally posted by starsgoblue

I don't think that just believing in God brings salvation the bible says "You believe that there is one God. Good! Even the demons believe that--and shudder." -- James 2:18-20" Salvation is all about having a personal relationship with God and accepting his grace.

Your other point tho that God can find anyone that wants to be found, I completely agree with. I think even someone who hasn't heard of God can see him through general revelation and find salvation in him. General revelation includes the intelligent design and purpose of the universe and the moral law that is implanted in each one of us.

God can also use other people to bring the message of salvation to those who are searching, I don't think its too far fetched to think that missionaries can be used by God to bring salvation to people that want to be found.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom