pot makes you smarter

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Dec 4 - Ellipse - I so wish!! First I would need a GA ticket ...

and I will tell her that you told the whole world you gave her VERTIGO and that you are proud of it. :D

Irvine511 said:
but are you implying that there can be no such thing as, say, responsible pot smoking, or drinking, or really any sort of vice, because your personal choices might influence someone else who might not be able to handle any sort of vices? to what degree are my choices responsible for the behavior of others?

I am suggesting that we are not fully self aware of negative impacts of our vices (to our self or others). Same principle as was considered in the thread about children engaging in sexual activity. They think they can handle it, but have not fully considered the social, emotional, physical or financial impacts of the behavior.

I'm not going to disagree with the obvious and serious dangers of smoking while pregnant. But who here raises the same accusing finger to diabetics who are pregnant? The risks are actually higher, for type 1 diabetes. Just as an example, of course. I happen to take my wrath out on those who dont take a cartia tablet every day. There are so many known dangers. We need to keep them all under control. Not just one or 2.

all i have to say is ... DC 2 WAS THE BEST CONCERT I HAVE EVER SEEN IN MY ENTIRE LIFE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:combust:

i got bad, wgrywh, one of the more beautiful wowy's i've heard, and out of control.

i can die now.

thank you all very much.

yes, i've had some beer.

lol, I thought this would be the most appropriate thread to announce that I'm finishing up work now and I'm "Off to get drunk!" but I see you beat me to it....

joyfulgirl said:

Is that all? :wink:

Check your PM.

yeah, just a whole bunch of guinness.

i rediscovered how much i love that stuff last night.

at U2 shows i want to be fairly lucid -- i need to notice everything, and dammit, i want to remember the show!

and last night's was one to remember.

Irvine511 said:

at U2 shows i want to be fairly lucid -- i need to notice everything, and dammit, i want to remember the show!

Me, too. Just checking, though. :wink:

Irvine511 said:

yeah, just a whole bunch of guinness.

i rediscovered how much i love that stuff last night.

and last night's was one to remember.

Guinness and Coronas are my favorite ways to wet my whistle.

Dreadsox said:

Guinness and Coronas are my favorite ways to wet my whistle.

On my way to see Mr. Springsteen.....and Guinness is on the menu!

Peace!

DaveC said:
My personal experience (as we all seem to be sharing them):

During the day, I wake up, do all the hygiene stuff (shower, shave, etc). Then I go to class, pay attention, take lots of notes...the usual.

After class, I come home, I eat supper, hang out with my friends for a little bit usually, then work on any homework or readings that I have to do for the evening.

I make sure that I've got absolutely everything done for the day and there's nothing important that still needs to be done, then I go get my friends. We sit in one's room as he rolls a joint, then go outside to smoke it and take a stroll around the neighborhood, keeping an eye out for kids (we cross the street -- don't want to negatively influence them) and cops (don't want to get arrested). We talk and have a good time. Then we walk back inside, stop at the vending machines for juice and chips, then go upstairs into the TV lounge and watch TV (usually sports) for an hour or 2 and chat until we decide to go to bed.

Am I a menace to society?

I do the same thing! after I finished my illustrations I go out with my friends.

Last edited:
Carek1230 said:

Everyone's body chemistry is very different. S

:up:

Marijuana is a gateway drug for some people. Which also logically extends that some people who are narcotics users used pot as their gateway drug.

That is to say nothing of those for whom it just remains a recreational habit.

But people tend to speak about pot in extremes. It is not true that smoking pot will necessarily lead you to using cocaine. It is also not true that no people who smoke pot will move on to harder drugs.

Irvine511 said:
all i have to say is ... DC 2 WAS THE BEST CONCERT I HAVE EVER SEEN IN MY ENTIRE LIFE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:combust:

i got bad, wgrywh, one of the more beautiful wowy's i've heard, and out of control.

i can die now.

thank you all very much.

yes, i've had some beer.

:lmao:

Well, its been 24 hours (almost) and I've had some wine (okay, an entire bottle split with Mrs. Edge), but YES, it was amazing!!

alcohol is even more dangerous than pot (has anyone ever died of an pot poisoning?) so it makes no sense that one should be legal and the other not.

Doing too much of anything will have an destructive affect on your life. Some people just have addictive personalities and if hey don't have access to drugs or tobacco or alcohol they will likely find something else to over do (and no that doesn't mean that we should make everthing legal because people will find something to abuse anyway, so don't even go there).

I'd rather have a parent that was a pothead than one that was an alcoholic.

I could never afford to be a pothead even if I wanted to, I have such a high natural tolerance that I have to smoke an entire joint to get high at all.

Back
Top Bottom