Posting Articles and Quoting

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Angela Harlem

Jesus Online
Could everyone please keep in mind that posting particularly long articles can add to already very lengthy threads at times. We ask that instead a link be provided with a description of what the link contains and where necessary, the important points you wish to focus on, highlighted and quoted from the article instead.

With quoting someone's response that is of a considerable length, it is not really necessary to quote the entire reply to simply add that you agree with perhaps a couple of points of your own. Acknowledging other's responses is a good thing, but to quote long lengths of text is really just repeating the same thing (literally) and basically just forces readers to scroll through what they've already read.

Thanks for your co-operation everyone!

*Please apply this to the War subforum as well

Do you mean articles posted on sites where you need to be a member to access them? Because they're fine. We're just hoping to get thread sizes down a little bit and get rid of duplicating and the posting of exceptionally large posts. Some people are still doing it however, but for sites that you need to register at, its fine. We cant be expected really to join something merely to view what someone is quoting in a thread here.

:)

Well it use to make sense to me. I haven't been able to post just a quote of an article or part of someone's post, and I've done this before but for what ever reason, can't do it now. I'm not :drunk: yet. So hurry up. Of course, I may have been when I actually figured it out. That happens sometimes. :uhoh:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom