Post the latest attack ad here....Both Sides Welcome

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Dreadsox

ONE love, blood, life
[Q]One of the radio ads addresses Kerry's failure to vote on a bill to extend unemployment benefits for 13 weeks: "It needed 60 votes to pass. Ninety-nine out of 100 senators voted -- Kerry did not! It lost by one vote! Maybe Kerry thought the more of us who are unemployed and hurting, the more likely we would vote Democrat."[/Q]

[Q]Another ad attacks Teresa Heinz Kerry, who, at the Democratic convention last month cited her birth and upbringing in Mozambique and who has described herself as African American. In the radio commercial, the announcer says: "His wife says she's an African American. While technically true, I don't believe a white woman, raised in Africa, surrounded by servants, qualifies."[/Q]

Interesting....targeting Black audiences....will it work?
:huh:
http://news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=sto...040812/pl_washpost/a58006_2004aug11&printer=1

And don't assume that People of Color United = those who represent the interests of African Americans. Sounds like Project 21.

Last edited:
I didn't assume anything like that NBC. I just think giving the NAACP a pass was a dumb move, considering the fact that he's courting the African American vote. OK?

Did anybody see the Moveon.org add using Hitler and Bush, then the Bush ad that used that ad to attack the moveon crowd but there was a huge outcry that the Bush people were trying to compare people to Hitler when the opposite was taking place, talk about Spin and Counterspin - I will never understand the American political system, its so bizzare :confused:.

The difference between the MoveOn ad (which I thought was tasteless, by the way) and Bush's is that MoveOn is what's known as a 527 organization and is not affiliated with a candidate, while Bush's ad was produced by the Bush campaign and endorsed by Bush. MoveOn's ad was not produced by them, but was merely an entry in a contest they were having and was posted on their site along with the other entries. It did not win, and was yanked off of the site.

I did see Bush's ad, and it was clear that he was comparing the Democrats hown in it to Hitler. After the words "The face of the Democratic party" flashed onscreen there were clips of Al Gore and Howard Dean getting animated and yelling at a podium intercut with clips of Hitler screaming excitedly at a podium. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out the intent.

ThatGuy said:
Okay, this isn't an attack ad, but it is an ad about attacks.

http://real.streamtoyou.com/gwb/solemnduty_medium.mov

It's Bush's new campaign ad. I may not be the target audience, but I am a parent, and for the life of me I cannot figure out what this ad means.

Bumped because I really do want someone to explain this ad to me. Is it purely fear-mongering, or is there some deeper level that I'm missing?

ThatGuy said:
The difference between the MoveOn ad (which I thought was tasteless, by the way) and Bush's is that MoveOn is what's known as a 527 organization and is not affiliated with a candidate, while Bush's ad was produced by the Bush campaign and endorsed by Bush. MoveOn's ad was not produced by them, but was merely an entry in a contest they were having and was posted on their site along with the other entries. It did not win, and was yanked off of the site.

I did see Bush's ad, and it was clear that he was comparing the Democrats hown in it to Hitler. After the words "The face of the Democratic party" flashed onscreen there were clips of Al Gore and Howard Dean getting animated and yelling at a podium intercut with clips of Hitler screaming excitedly at a podium. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out the intent.

Yes there was a clear difference. The one on the Moveon site shouldn't even been an issue, an individual produced it and they posted it with every single other entry. The one by Bush's team was just hateful and in poor taste.

Back
Top Bottom