Post-election Commentaries, Thoughts

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes I'm happy to see that, I did vote for him, but I just hope he can make some corrections this time around. I'm hoping to see the country come together, and the world come together without the need of another 9/11.

I'm not sure if any man can make that happen, but best of luck that it does.

yes that graph also shows that the surplus was shrinking under the final years of clinton, and that the big drop didn't happen until after the largest terrorist attack in our nation's history. :shrug: oh well...

and as for the first picture, i could post thousands of pics of torture done by saddam hussein & al qaeda, but this is not hte place for that.

:dance::dance::dance::dance:
4 more dances

Last edited:
Irvine511 said:

no, they get married much later, when they know who they are and what they want, and probably have been through several adult relationships and know how to compromise and work through issues.

In other words, they enter relationships and break up just like red staters do, only they don't officially get married and divorced.

I agree that it's better this way (getting married at a young age I think is usually a bad idea), but it doesn't necessarily prove anything about the moral character and maturity of blue-staters.

speedracer said:

In other words, they enter relationships and break up just like red staters do, only they don't officially get married and divorced.

I agree that it's better this way (getting married at a young age I think is usually a bad idea), but it doesn't necessarily prove anything about the moral character and maturity of blue-staters.

it may mean that they value marriage enough to wait until they are ready. they value marriage, and they likewise value gay relationships. the two are not mutually exclusive, as the Christian right would have us believe.

in fact, gays getting married is actually conservative. what could be more conservative than enabling people with the tools to live a life of monogamy and commitment?

oceane said:
But today America is completely isolated from the rest of the world. I'm afraid many Americans don't quite understand to what extent yet, and how much, whether they like it or not, it will eventually have a big impact on their lives.

Tell me about it. You should have seen it at school today... More people were talking about the US elections than they did about the Canadian elections a little while ago.

And do you know what? Everyone, except for a few (especially those who had parents serving in Iraq), was in a state of disbelief.

They said it accurately on CTV - if the rest of the world had the opportunity to vote, Bush wouldn't be there.

But the rest of the world does not have a vote, and judging by the rest of the world (embodied by the UN) that is a very good thing.

i just can't look at kerry anymore. pictures, video, anything. it just breaks my heart too much. i knew i liked him, i didn't realize that i had become THIS attached to the man, the person, not just the candidate. all day long i've been getting teary eyed, with a lump in my throat, my voice cracking, and the same is with my fellow kerry supporters at school. even the guys cried. i'm so hurt.

A_Wanderer said:
But the rest of the world does not have a vote, and judging by the rest of the world (embodied by the UN) that is a very good thing.

Well I'd take Kofi Annan over Bush any day.

Headache in a Suitcase said:
and as for the first picture, i could post thousands of pics of torture done by saddam hussein & al qaeda, but this is not hte place for that.

You misinterpreted my post. It´s not about what side you ´re on, Headache :) Congratulations to American democracy.

It´s not about trolling either. Forgive me, mods. I know it´s a tuff post. But sometimes pictures speak louder than words. And life is much tuffer.

It´s about smiling and waving at the victory of your leader, who I called a killer. Just want to remind you, Headache, that indeed, Vietnam survived America - not the other way ´round. I want to remind you there´s always two sides of the story. I am your conscience speaking up.

After all, I´m speaking about Christian values, not about Saddam´s torturing.

You want an up2date picture? Here you go. This is what your re-elected President is responsible for. It´s not about Bush or Kerry, or which side you´re on.

This is about pain. Just about the reality of pain.

BurnedIraqiman.jpg

Go ahead dance!

Meanwhile, I will go to read the Bible.

Cross.jpg

:wave:

A_Wanderer said:
Well U2Democrat, theres always next time :up:

:yes: John Edwards, if you're reading this (which i doubt but humor me), i IMPLORE you to run. Hillary would spell disaster for our party. Obama is too soon. We need YOU. I love you more than for your looks, but because of your faith and hope in America. My wounds are so deep, I need you to close them.

A lil humor for my downhearted Dems. :)

James Noon wrote the following on his blog:

The five stages of grief. Let's get this over with quickly.

Denial: We've still got those provisional ballots in Ohio to count. Absentee ballots all over the place. The electors could decide not to give their votes to Bush. It's not over yet.

Anger: FUCK YOU, America. FUCK. YOU. You like 100,000 dead Iraqi civilians because of your false war? 8000 wounded American soldiers and 1100 dead in Iraq because of imperial hubris and incompetent post-war planning not enough to quench your desire for misguided vengeance? Great, well you're gonna have a lot more blood on your hands. Don't want gay marriage? Fanfuckintastic. You got your way. A lot of good it's gonna do when you can't afford your prescription drugs, your unemployment benefits have run out, and your kid's fucking school is overcrowded. And don't think for a fucking second that "tort reform" is going to make a difference, because it won't. Global warming is real, motherfuckers, and you just sealed the deal. Balanced budget? Ha. And when the Bush Supreme Court makes abortion illegal again, and thousands of women are dying from unsafe back-alley abortions, that's on you, America. Thought the world just hated our government? Fuck that. The world hates you the people now, America, you stupid, weak, arrogant, ignorant sons of bitches. In thirty years, when people look back at what happened on November 2nd, 2004, and ask what people were thinking, all I'll have to say is, "Fuck you."

Bargaining: Please, America, think about what you've just done. We'll give you your tort reform and your partially privatized social security. We'll quit bitching about how the 2000 election was stolen. Take some school vouchers, give it another try, maybe it'll actually work this time around. More handguns for everyone. We'll lock away Michael Moore. Just please, please, please don't let Bush back in office for four more years.

Depression: Fuck. I mean, just, fuck. I can't take another four years of this. This is horrible. Disgusting. I just want to curl up in the fetal position and lie in the dark until it's over. Where's my tub of cake icing?

Acceptance: Bring it on, motherfuckers! Republicans control the House, the Senate, the White House, and Bush is gonna have three or four Supreme Court justices to appoint. Bring on the radical rightwing conservative agenda. No more blaming Clinton or the Democrats. It's on the Republicans' heads now. And on the bright side...umm...I'll get back to you on that one.

:lol:

SD

Sherry Darling said:
A lil humor for my downhearted Dems. :)

James Noon wrote the following on his blog:

The five stages of grief. Let's get this over with quickly.

Denial: We've still got those provisional ballots in Ohio to count. Absentee ballots all over the place. The electors could decide not to give their votes to Bush. It's not over yet.

Anger: FUCK YOU, America. FUCK. YOU. You like 100,000 dead Iraqi civilians because of your false war? 8000 wounded American soldiers and 1100 dead in Iraq because of imperial hubris and incompetent post-war planning not enough to quench your desire for misguided vengeance? Great, well you're gonna have a lot more blood on your hands. Don't want gay marriage? Fanfuckintastic. You got your way. A lot of good it's gonna do when you can't afford your prescription drugs, your unemployment benefits have run out, and your kid's fucking school is overcrowded. And don't think for a fucking second that "tort reform" is going to make a difference, because it won't. Global warming is real, motherfuckers, and you just sealed the deal. Balanced budget? Ha. And when the Bush Supreme Court makes abortion illegal again, and thousands of women are dying from unsafe back-alley abortions, that's on you, America. Thought the world just hated our government? Fuck that. The world hates you the people now, America, you stupid, weak, arrogant, ignorant sons of bitches. In thirty years, when people look back at what happened on November 2nd, 2004, and ask what people were thinking, all I'll have to say is, "Fuck you."

Bargaining: Please, America, think about what you've just done. We'll give you your tort reform and your partially privatized social security. We'll quit bitching about how the 2000 election was stolen. Take some school vouchers, give it another try, maybe it'll actually work this time around. More handguns for everyone. We'll lock away Michael Moore. Just please, please, please don't let Bush back in office for four more years.

Depression: Fuck. I mean, just, fuck. I can't take another four years of this. This is horrible. Disgusting. I just want to curl up in the fetal position and lie in the dark until it's over. Where's my tub of cake icing?

Acceptance: Bring it on, motherfuckers! Republicans control the House, the Senate, the White House, and Bush is gonna have three or four Supreme Court justices to appoint. Bring on the radical rightwing conservative agenda. No more blaming Clinton or the Democrats. It's on the Republicans' heads now. And on the bright side...umm...I'll get back to you on that one.

wow that's me EXACTLY. to a T. precisely. dang.

Irvine511 said:

it may mean that they value marriage enough to wait until they are ready.

I live in Massachusetts, and I know a fair number of couples who for all intents and purposes would appear to be married, except for the fact that they don't have a piece of paper to prove it. I also know that some of these couples have "divorced".

I'm sure there are people in the South who also get married at a relatively late age.

they value marriage, and they likewise value gay relationships. the two are not mutually exclusive, as the Christian right would have us believe.

in fact, gays getting married is actually conservative. what could be more conservative than enabling people with the tools to live a life of monogamy and commitment?

How did gay marriage enter this argument?

Last edited:
LOL at A_Wanderer's pics... those were funny as hell, especially all of them taken together at once. LOL...

Terry McCauliffe should be removed from his postion as head of the DNC. IMO, I would think he was partially to blame for the downfall of the Democrats this election year. They techincally had a horrible election year losing seats in the Congress and Senate as well as losing a very winnable election.

Plus, he is annoying as hell.

DrTeeth said:

Well I'd take Kofi Annan over Bush any day.

And here I thought you'd be looking for a strong, competent official who won't tolerate corruption...

i have very little time left on this computer but i wrote a long piece to diamond'' in the Consolation Thread about why we [those who didn't vote for Bush] are upset, angry afriad.

I ended up doing it there because i was going up ther thread list from earlier threads of nov 3 up to the top.

so please check it out. I'll have to read this tgread and the others tomorrow, hopefully.

moorelost.gif

Now back to business

"Victory at all costs, victory in spite of all terror, victory however long and hard the road may be; for without victory there is no survival." - Winston Churchill.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom