Post-election Commentaries, Thoughts - Page 32 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 11-05-2004, 10:57 AM   #466
Blue Crack Addict
 
nbcrusader's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Southern California
Posts: 22,071
Local Time: 07:45 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by U2_Guy


Am i deffending Hussein? Hmmmm yes, i guess i am...

The ROW reads and understands what we read and the news were clear even b4 the US invaded Iraq: there wasn't no weapons of mass destruction (the excuse used to invade Iraq). I guess in America ppl don't get to read those news...
I guess we are blessed to have a representative of ROW here.

You are flat out wrong, however, on your assessment of Iraq before the war.
__________________

__________________
nbcrusader is offline  
Old 11-05-2004, 10:57 AM   #467
Refugee
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Posts: 1,098
Local Time: 03:45 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by nbcrusader


No, we've got quite an impression of you.
Thank you crusader!
__________________

__________________
U2_Guy is offline  
Old 11-05-2004, 10:58 AM   #468
Acrobat
 
U2Traveller's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Salt Lake City, UT
Posts: 472
Local Time: 08:45 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Irvine511



agreed. he makes life for those of us who are against Bush, against the invasion of Iraq, and for greater multilateralism on the part of the US much more difficult.

U2_Guy: you're not helping the cause! back up your assertions with fact and reason! you're heart is in the right place, but your arguments cannot be sustained!
I agree. People like this do make it more difficult for those who don't agree with how Bush has done things...not easier.
__________________
U2Traveller is offline  
Old 11-05-2004, 10:58 AM   #469
Refugee
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Posts: 1,098
Local Time: 03:45 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by nbcrusader


I guess we are blessed to have a representative of ROW here.

You are flat out wrong, however, on your assessment of Iraq before the war.
You're welcome!

And LOLOLOLOL now i know you ppl don't read those news! LOLOLOL
__________________
U2_Guy is offline  
Old 11-05-2004, 10:58 AM   #470
Blue Crack Addict
 
nbcrusader's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Southern California
Posts: 22,071
Local Time: 07:45 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by U2_Guy


Thank you crusader!
I guess I should have used the sarcasm smilie


where did that one go.....?
__________________
nbcrusader is offline  
Old 11-05-2004, 10:59 AM   #471
Acrobat
 
U2Traveller's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Salt Lake City, UT
Posts: 472
Local Time: 08:45 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by nbcrusader


I guess I should have used the sarcasm smilie


where did that one go.....?
Lol
__________________
U2Traveller is offline  
Old 11-05-2004, 10:59 AM   #472
Blue Crack Addict
 
nbcrusader's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Southern California
Posts: 22,071
Local Time: 07:45 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by U2_Guy
You're welcome!

And LOLOLOLOL now i know you ppl don't read those news! LOLOLOL

Now I know where trolls come from.....
__________________
nbcrusader is offline  
Old 11-05-2004, 11:00 AM   #473
Acrobat
 
U2Traveller's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Salt Lake City, UT
Posts: 472
Local Time: 08:45 AM
I think that the key is that the WHOLE WORLD, not just the ROW is in a battle. We ALL are, and the U.S. just seems to be the stage, where, actually, it very much should be.

Don't go condemning the stage and the podium for change!
__________________
U2Traveller is offline  
Old 11-05-2004, 11:00 AM   #474
Blue Crack Supplier
 
Irvine511's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Washington, DC
Posts: 30,486
Local Time: 10:45 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by U2_Guy


Am i deffending Hussein? Hmmmm yes, i guess i am...

The ROW reads and understands what we read and the news were clear even b4 the US invaded Iraq: there wasn't no weapons of mass destruction (the excuse used to invade Iraq). I guess in America ppl don't get to read those news...

no, you're wrong. the one thing the world was in agreement on was the presence of weapons and weapons programs. further, it was the 2002 british government dossier that stated, clearly, that SH could arm and launch a biological or chemical attack with a warhead in under 45 minutes. much of the intelligence came from the British, and much of that intelligence proved to be wrong.

go back and look at Hans Blix's presentation to the UN in regards to the success (or lack thereof) of the weapons inspectors in Iraq. Blix says, basically, nothing. no proof for, no proof against, mostly because he's a big diplomat and knows how to cover his ass.

the debate, at the time, was not whether or not there were weapons, but whether or not those weapons were an *imminent* threat. in the end, everyone was wrong. and i bet you Hussein was surprised too -- i bet he though he had weapons, but due to the secrecy and paranoia of a police state like Iraq, one scientist lies to the other, one official lies to the other, and they tell SH what he wants to hear.

again, you're speaking for the rest of the world. bad idea.
__________________
Irvine511 is online now  
Old 11-05-2004, 11:03 AM   #475
Refugee
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Posts: 1,098
Local Time: 03:45 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Irvine511



no, you're wrong. the one thing the world was in agreement on was the presence of weapons and weapons programs. further, it was the 2002 british government dossier that stated, clearly, that SH could arm and launch a biological or chemical attack with a warhead in under 45 minutes. much of the intelligence came from the British, and much of that intelligence proved to be wrong.

go back and look at Hans Blix's presentation to the UN in regards to the success (or lack thereof) of the weapons inspectors in Iraq. Blix says, basically, nothing. no proof for, no proof against, mostly because he's a big diplomat and knows how to cover his ass.

the debate, at the time, was not whether or not there were weapons, but whether or not those weapons were an *imminent* threat. in the end, everyone was wrong. and i bet you Hussein was surprised too -- i bet he though he had weapons, but due to the secrecy and paranoia of a police state like Iraq, one scientist lies to the other, one official lies to the other, and they tell SH what he wants to hear.

again, you're speaking for the rest of the world. bad idea.
Now i know how allienated the US are...

Why do you think the world didn't support the war?? I'm sure now you get different news from us...

I feel sorry for you...you seem like a good person who believes in stuff they kinda force you to believe...
__________________
U2_Guy is offline  
Old 11-05-2004, 11:05 AM   #476
Resident Photo Buff
Forum Moderator
 
Diemen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2000
Location: Somewhere in middle America
Posts: 13,236
Local Time: 09:45 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by U2_Guy


You're welcome!

And LOLOLOLOL now i know you ppl don't read those news! LOLOLOL
U2guy, you're embarassing yourself. Come up with some solid points or back out. Laughing at the other side instead of providing some solid backup to your argument just makes you look bad, not them.
__________________
Diemen is offline  
Old 11-05-2004, 11:06 AM   #477
Blue Crack Addict
 
nbcrusader's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Southern California
Posts: 22,071
Local Time: 07:45 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by U2_Guy
Why do you think the world didn't support the war?? I'm sure now you get different news from us...
Ignorance? Unwillingness to act? Fear of losing $$$ contracts with Iraq? Did you ever consider that there were reasons other than "we are absolutely right"?

Perhaps you could stop and see there is a bigger world outside your own room.
__________________
nbcrusader is offline  
Old 11-05-2004, 11:08 AM   #478
Refugee
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Posts: 1,098
Local Time: 03:45 PM
That's the best you ppl can do...hehehe
__________________
U2_Guy is offline  
Old 11-05-2004, 11:10 AM   #479
Acrobat
 
U2Traveller's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Salt Lake City, UT
Posts: 472
Local Time: 08:45 AM
You know, Bono is a really great person, isn't he? I really like him. I'd like to have him as a friend besides our obvious differences and probably differences of opinion.

Don't you think he's great? I think he really exemplifies how a non-American should and can be. You know how that is? He doesn't hate us, loves us, in fact, respects us, admires us, and doesn't shoot his mouth off even though everyone knows he has an obvious opinion. He respects people and also believes that they are good and have good motives for things they do. He may not agree, but, then again, he's smart enough not to cut off his nose to spite his face.

Eventually, in the end, things get worked out.

I so miss Bono.
__________________
U2Traveller is offline  
Old 11-05-2004, 11:11 AM   #480
Resident Photo Buff
Forum Moderator
 
Diemen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2000
Location: Somewhere in middle America
Posts: 13,236
Local Time: 09:45 AM
You'd better knock off the trolling, U2guy.
__________________

__________________
Diemen is offline  
 

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:45 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Design, images and all things inclusive copyright © Interference.com