Post-election Commentaries, Thoughts - Page 20 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 11-04-2004, 12:45 PM   #286
ONE
love, blood, life
 
FizzingWhizzbees's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: the choirgirl hotel
Posts: 12,614
Local Time: 01:52 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by U2Traveller


Bullcrap. Some people would argue that some people are PRONE to like children as sexual objects!!! They're DRAWN to it!!! How about that? Some people like animals. Some people like to kill women. That's what they FEEL is natural to them.
How lovely. Gay people compared to paedophiles and murderers. I'm so glad to be back in FYM.

By the way, would you say it's possible to "oppose" Black people and yet not be a racist? Thought not. I wonder why it's so different when we're talking about gay people.
__________________

__________________
FizzingWhizzbees is offline  
Old 11-04-2004, 12:45 PM   #287
Acrobat
 
U2Traveller's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Salt Lake City, UT
Posts: 472
Local Time: 06:52 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by BonoVoxSupastar


So homosexuality is = to murder. Great analogy, you have some issues my friend.
Did I ever say that? Nice jump my friend. My point was that some murderers feel they were BORN that way. That's my point. Period. So, in some people's logic that means it's not a sin.
__________________

__________________
U2Traveller is offline  
Old 11-04-2004, 12:46 PM   #288
Acrobat
 
U2Traveller's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Salt Lake City, UT
Posts: 472
Local Time: 06:52 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by FizzingWhizzbees


How lovely. Gay people compared to paedophiles and murderers. I'm so glad to be back in FYM.

By the way, would you say it's possible to "oppose" Black people and yet not be a racist? Thought not. I wonder why it's so different when we're talking about gay people.
No one's opposing homosexuals themselves, and being black is definitely NOT a choice.
__________________
U2Traveller is offline  
Old 11-04-2004, 12:47 PM   #289
Resident Photo Buff
Forum Moderator
 
Diemen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2000
Location: Somewhere in middle America
Posts: 13,234
Local Time: 07:52 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by U2Traveller


Bullcrap. Some people would argue that some people are PRONE to like children as sexual objects!!! They're DRAWN to it!!! How about that? Some people like animals. Some people like to kill women. That's what they FEEL is natural to them.
This is the stupidest argument I've ever heard.

If you cannot see the difference between homosexuality - which harms no one, and murder, then we might as well end this argument now, because you obviously aren't capable of making rational comparisons.
__________________
Diemen is offline  
Old 11-04-2004, 12:47 PM   #290
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier
 
BVS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: between my head and heart
Posts: 40,645
Local Time: 07:52 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by U2Traveller


Did I ever say that? Nice jump my friend. My point was that some murderers feel they were BORN that way. That's my point. Period. So, in some people's logic that means it's not a sin.
Never heard anyone or any scientist say that murderers or pedophiles were born that way.

Where are you getting this?
__________________
BVS is online now  
Old 11-04-2004, 12:48 PM   #291
Acrobat
 
U2Traveller's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Salt Lake City, UT
Posts: 472
Local Time: 06:52 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Diemen


This is the stupidest argument I've ever heard.

If you cannot see the difference between homosexuality - which harms no one, and murder, then we might as well end this argument now, because you obviously aren't capable of making rational comparisons.
Oh, I think you're wrong...homosexuality has harmed many people and families.

But the point remains that some murderers feel they can't help themselves. But, to the rest of us we think it's a sin. They don't. They think they were born to be that way.
__________________
U2Traveller is offline  
Old 11-04-2004, 12:48 PM   #292
ONE
love, blood, life
 
FizzingWhizzbees's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: the choirgirl hotel
Posts: 12,614
Local Time: 01:52 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by U2Traveller
No one's opposing homosexuals themselves, and being black is definitely NOT a choice.
Actually, just a few posts back you referred to "people who are against homosexuality" so assuming we can take being against homosexuality to be the same as being opposed to homosexuality, people are in fact talking about opposing gay people.

Being black certainly isn't a choice and neither is being gay.
__________________
FizzingWhizzbees is offline  
Old 11-04-2004, 12:49 PM   #293
Acrobat
 
U2Traveller's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Salt Lake City, UT
Posts: 472
Local Time: 06:52 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by BonoVoxSupastar


Never heard anyone or any scientist say that murderers or pedophiles were born that way.

Where are you getting this?
Murderers themselves think that. Have you never read the thoughts of a murderer, or a book about them?

And scientists, too, have wondered if its some gene or trait.
__________________
U2Traveller is offline  
Old 11-04-2004, 12:51 PM   #294
Acrobat
 
U2Traveller's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Salt Lake City, UT
Posts: 472
Local Time: 06:52 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by FizzingWhizzbees


Actually, just a few posts back you referred to "people who are against homosexuality" so assuming we can take being against homosexuality to be the same as being opposed to homosexuality, people are in fact talking about opposing gay people.

Being black certainly isn't a choice and neither is being gay.
No, you don't get it. NOT the people, the lifestyle. Much different.

We believe homosexuality is indeed a choice, not natural. It could be a weakness, but we all have those and are suppose to overcome them.

Anyway...
__________________
U2Traveller is offline  
Old 11-04-2004, 12:51 PM   #295
ONE
love, blood, life
 
FizzingWhizzbees's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: the choirgirl hotel
Posts: 12,614
Local Time: 01:52 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by U2Traveller


Oh, I think you're wrong...homosexuality has harmed many people and families.

But the point remains that some murderers feel they can't help themselves. But, to the rest of us we think it's a sin. They don't. They think they were born to be that way.
I would contend that bigotry and prejudice against homosexuality is what has caused harm to gay people and their families, not the fact that they are gay.

And I would also appreciate it if you would stop comparing homosexuality with murder. It's unjustified and insensitive to say the least.
__________________
FizzingWhizzbees is offline  
Old 11-04-2004, 12:52 PM   #296
Resident Photo Buff
Forum Moderator
 
Diemen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2000
Location: Somewhere in middle America
Posts: 13,234
Local Time: 07:52 AM
When you murder someone - you obviously infringe upon that person's rights.

When you are homosexual, you infringe upon no one's rights.

I can't believe you're actually using murderers as an argument here.
__________________
Diemen is offline  
Old 11-04-2004, 12:54 PM   #297
ONE
love, blood, life
 
FizzingWhizzbees's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: the choirgirl hotel
Posts: 12,614
Local Time: 01:52 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by U2Traveller


No, you don't get it. NOT the people, the lifestyle. Much different.

We believe homosexuality is indeed a choice, not natural. It could be a weakness, but we all have those and are suppose to overcome them.

Anyway...
Oh, I see. Presumably then it's possible to object to different 'races' without being prejudiced against individuals of that 'race'. Would you say that's true?

Could you also explain on what evidence you base your assertion that homosexuality is a choice?
__________________
FizzingWhizzbees is offline  
Old 11-04-2004, 12:54 PM   #298
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier
 
BVS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: between my head and heart
Posts: 40,645
Local Time: 07:52 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by U2Traveller


Oh, I think you're wrong...homosexuality has harmed many people and families.

But the point remains that some murderers feel they can't help themselves. But, to the rest of us we think it's a sin. They don't. They think they were born to be that way.
Murderers know it's a sin, if they don't they are psychopaths and that's a completely different subject. No one grows up knowing they are going to be a murderer, that's just fucking ridiculous.

The only way families are harmed are when the members or society can't accept them.
__________________
BVS is online now  
Old 11-04-2004, 12:55 PM   #299
Acrobat
 
U2Traveller's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Salt Lake City, UT
Posts: 472
Local Time: 06:52 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by FizzingWhizzbees


I would contend that bigotry and prejudice against homosexuality is what has caused harm to gay people and their families, not the fact that they are gay.

And I would also appreciate it if you would stop comparing homosexuality with murder. It's unjustified and insensitive to say the least.
I am not comparing them. I'm showing you how something that some think is a sin is looked at by the person doing it as completely natural!!! And I'm wondering if you'll also stick up for a murderer, or if you'll also say murder is a sin, along with me.

The person a homosexual hurts most is themselves spiritually.
__________________
U2Traveller is offline  
Old 11-04-2004, 12:57 PM   #300
Resident Photo Buff
Forum Moderator
 
Diemen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2000
Location: Somewhere in middle America
Posts: 13,234
Local Time: 07:52 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by U2Traveller
The person a homosexual hurts most is themselves spiritually.
__________________

__________________
Diemen is offline  
 

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:52 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Design, images and all things inclusive copyright © Interference.com