Post-election Commentaries, Thoughts - Page 2 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 11-03-2004, 11:34 AM   #16
Acrobat

Local Time: 01:46 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by mathieu_cpfan
I think there is something substantially wrong with the media in the US. Newspapers and television networks openly supporting presedential candidates?

Old 11-03-2004, 11:35 AM   #17
Refugee

Local Time: 02:46 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by BrownEyedBoy
It's the Democrats fault for coming up with such a crappy candidate. If they would've given a better option I guarantee he would've been elected over Bush.

The whole basis of the non-Bush supporters is exactly that: Anyone but Bush. You can't base a campaign on that.

It somehow managed to backfire on them into a "Anyone but Kerry - even if it's Bush" result.

Kerry is so bad he made Bush look good.
True, I voted for Kerry but was really just voting against Bush. While people have differing opinions of Clinton's political views (and possibly his antics while in office) he was a likeable, charismatic candidate. If Kerry had half of the charisma of Clinton or half of the presence of Reagan, I think he would be president.

Old 11-03-2004, 11:37 AM   #18
Acrobat

Quote:
Originally posted by bsp77

True, I voted for Kerry but was really just voting against Bush. While people have differing opinions of Clinton's political views (and possibly his antics while in office) he was a likeable, charismatic candidate. If Kerry had half of the charisma of Clinton or half of the presence of Reagan, I think he would be president.
I believe that's true...the democrats didn't have someone who could match up to Bush. Bush won the popular vote fair and square.

I voted for Kerry just to send Bush a message even though I think I support Bush.

Maybe a lot of Americans were doing that. Sending Bush a message, saying that they prefer him but sending him a strong message that they expect him to shape up.
Old 11-03-2004, 11:38 AM   #19
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 03:46 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by mathieu_cpfan
I think there is something substantially wrong with the media in the US. Newspapers and television networks openly supporting presedential candidates?
well technicaly newspapers are only supposed to put their support behind a candidate in the editorial section of the paper, but more and more it's become harder for these editors to keep their opinions to themselves in the real news section of the papers.
Old 11-03-2004, 11:39 AM   #20
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Local Time: 09:46 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by U2Traveller
I voted for Kerry just to send Bush a message even though I think I support Bush.
Do you think Bush cares about your message? I'm not trying to be a smartass or anything, I was just wondering.
Old 11-03-2004, 11:42 AM   #21
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

this makes up for the cardinals losing.

i did not like edwards' speech, but i thought kerrys was alright.

i'm just glad it's all over. it was a pretty tedious and taxing campaign.

Old 11-03-2004, 11:42 AM   #22
Acrobat

Quote:
Originally posted by DrTeeth

Do you think Bush cares about your message? I'm not trying to be a smartass or anything, I was just wondering.
Yeah, I think he does actually.
Old 11-03-2004, 11:45 AM   #23
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

FUCK FUCK FUCK, sorry for the language, I apologize, but WHAT THE HELL ARE PEOPLE THINKING?

What an awful day in American history, in world history. Our economy is completely horrible, prices are way up, we're in a country we have no business being in, and top it off....he just lifted the ban on assault weapons.. HURAYYY!!

America's thought they put into voting seriously reminds me of middle school, when we voted for class president. Remember? One guy wins when he says "I'll put coke in all of the water fountains" or "I'll extend lunch one hour." And then he wins. Forget about young middle and lower class kids dying in Iraq for no reason, its all about ethics and gay marriage. It's like all the people in the south and midwest just sit around and watch FOX NEWS all day, and don't have a clue whats going on in the rest of the world.

It is UNBELIEVABLE that people voted for this guy...I dont mean to bash the Bush supporters, this is a democracy, but can you seriously watch the debates and listen to Bush talk and actually think he should be the leader of the free world? GIVE ME A BREAK. This is going to be a long 4 years.
Old 11-03-2004, 11:46 AM   #24
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 12:46 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Headache in a Suitcase
perhaps the merging of all the threads into one big cluster F woulda been a better idea... 'cause i had about 4 different discussions going on and now i'm sorta lost here oh well
i agree

this has the appearance of closing threads because one does not like some opinions being expressed.
Old 11-03-2004, 11:49 AM   #25
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

I wonder if young Bush supporters 18-22 believed Bush when he said we're not going to have a draft...cause its coming
Old 11-03-2004, 11:49 AM   #26
Babyface

Local Time: 08:46 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Headache in a Suitcase

well technicaly newspapers are only supposed to put their support behind a candidate in the editorial section of the paper, but more and more it's become harder for these editors to keep their opinions to themselves in the real news section of the papers.
I don't even think that belongs in the editorial section. Newspapers should be informing people, not giving them voting-advice.
Old 11-03-2004, 11:49 AM   #27
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Quote:
Originally posted by RademR
I wonder if young Bush supporters 18-22 believed Bush when he said we're not going to have a draft...cause its coming
no, it's not.
Old 11-03-2004, 11:50 AM   #28
pax
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 04:46 AM
Threads were closed to eliminate clutter or to defuse shouting matches, nothing more.

Can't wait to see you guys when someone with less patience than me steps in to mod FYM.

Join Amnesty.
Old 11-03-2004, 11:50 AM   #29
Refugee

Local Time: 02:46 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by RademR
We don't know that.
Old 11-03-2004, 11:51 AM   #30
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Quote:
Originally posted by StlElevation

no, it's not.
keep thinking that my friend, after Bush invades another country for no reason he'll need some good young Americans to serve the time that he never did.