Pop Quiz

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Sherry Darling

New Yorker
This is a pass/fail quiz. Only two questions. Please pass your papers up to the front when you're finished, and cover your answers. ;)

1. What are the five nations with permenant seats on the UN Security Council?

2. What five nations are the top arms dealers on this planet?

There is no extra credit.

Well done, Mrs. S! You are correct for Question 1, and partially correct for #2. :up:

Anyone else wanna step up? :flirt:

Come on people, watch the Go Home DVD!

1. China, US, France, UK, Russian Federation...

2. China, US, France, UK, Russian Federation...

officially, i bet it's the USA.

unofficially, i'd put my money on all those kalashnikovs that seem to find themselves in the hands of militias throughout the 3rd world.

Officially it used to be the USA, now it's Russia...and yes, Africa is the primary importer of Russian arms.

Interestingly, the largest percentage of USA exports goes to North Africa and the Middle East.

Last edited:
Irvine511 said:
unofficially, i'd put my money on all those kalashnikovs that seem to find themselves in the hands of militias throughout the 3rd world.

kalashnikovs = best bang for the buck. Cheap to make, highly destructive.

'Arms dealers' = exporters exclusively? If not, I'd bet the US would sell more internally than any other nation - by a mile. Although of course if we are talking overall dollar value, you need to sell a shitload of handguns before you equal one missile or whatever.

In other news, I know an arms dealer. Seriously. I've known the guy since I was 8. We are not friends anymore. To say he sold his soul would be honestly right on the mark. :|

Earnie Shavers said:
'Arms dealers' = exporters exclusively? If not, I'd bet the US would sell more internally than any other nation - by a mile. Although of course if we are talking overall dollar value, you need to sell a shitload of handguns before you equal one missile or whatever.

yes, well, handguns are a legal commodity here, for better or for worse.

:shrug:

Back
Top Bottom