Poll: Publicís trust in Bush at low ebb - Page 2 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 02-18-2004, 08:47 PM   #16
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 05:45 PM
I'm no fan of Karl Rove, but I should be able to prove he did something before I accuse him of doing it. The guy's controversial as heck, no question. And this report about the science stuff is quite damning.

Old 02-18-2004, 10:18 PM   #17
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 09:45 AM
Union of Concerned Scientists - An oxymoron

scientists who skew scientific data to suit their own political agenda

Old 02-19-2004, 02:39 AM   #18
War Child

Quote:
Originally posted by nbcrusader

Similar to the Christian Coalition (sorry if I got the name wrong - you know the group I mean).
Old 02-19-2004, 09:12 AM   #19
New Yorker

Local Time: 01:45 PM
That's the inherent problem with these types of debates. Both sides consider the other side a priori biased and invalid. No one gets anywhere. It's never productive.

Cheers,
SD
Old 02-19-2004, 09:45 AM   #20
New Yorker

Local Time: 12:45 PM
This speaks for itself.

http://aolsvc.news.aol.com/elections...9990003&_ccc=1

In Polls, Kerry, Edwards Both Lead Bush
By WILL LESTER, AP

WASHINGTON (Feb. 18) - Both John Kerry and John Edwards are ahead of President Bush by double digits when matched against him in hypothetical elections, says a poll released Wednesday.

Kerry, the Democratic front-runner and a Massachusetts senator, leads Bush by 55 percent to 43 percent among likely voters, according to the CNN-USA Today-Gallup poll. Edwards, the North Carolina senator who is challenging Kerry, leads Bush by 54 percent to 44 percent.

The poll comes at a time that both Kerry and Edwards have been highly visible as they compete for the Democratic presidential nomination. Bush has been defending himself on his National Guard service and his Iraq policy after an adviser acknowledged he doesn't believe weapons of mass destruction existed.

"Certainly, we'd rather be up than down," said Republican National Committee Chairman Ed Gillespie. "But I understand where we are in this cycle. We have seen $49 million in negative advertising and I suspect that has had an impact."

In early February, both Kerry and Edwards were tied with Bush in head-to-head matchups in this poll.

A solid majority in the poll - about two-thirds - said Bush has strong moral character and is a strong and decisive leader. Only four in 10 said Bush has a clear plan for solving this country's problems. Just over half, 55 percent, said Bush is honest and trustworthy.

Six in 10 said Kerry is honest and trustworthy and is a strong and decisive leader. Only four in 10 said Kerry has a clear plan for solving this country's problems.

The poll of 1,006 adults, including 898 registered voters and 568 likely voters, was taken Feb. 16-17 and has a margin of sampling error of plus or minus 3 percentage points, larger for subgroups like registered or likely voters.
Old 02-19-2004, 10:39 AM   #21
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by nbcrusader

You've definitely got a point here nbc. As a scientist's kid myself I can attest to the truly massive egos these people have. I appreciate their contributions but one has to be honest about their egos. It's like Hollywood. They can get awfully bent out of shape if they don't get their way. I won't get into the horror stories, but I have them.