Poll: Is George W. Bush becoming unpopular???????????? - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 03-03-2003, 06:39 AM   #1
Refugee

Local Time: 02:15 PM
Poll: Is George W. Bush becoming unpopular????????????

I've noticed a LOT of people bashing him lately. This is terrific news and I'm happy to see dissent show its pretty face after a long hiatus.

Since I can't posts a traditional poll, I want everyone to simply write "Bush" or "Anti-Bush" with a sentence explaining their decision.

I'll start off:

Anti-Bush.......because he's a moron, pro-war with Iraq, a horrible diplomat, detached from the real world and the hardships of the average American, and his arrogance makes me fume!!!!!!!

Old 03-03-2003, 10:35 AM   #2
War Child

Local Time: 03:15 PM
Anti-Bush b/c he's so dumb, and is going t mess up life for the entire US, and other countries if possibile. He's trying to be tough, but it's not working, ans he's such a fake person that everyone can see through him

Old 03-03-2003, 10:53 AM   #3
Purgatory

Local Time: 01:15 PM
Re: Poll: Is George W. Bush becoming unpopular????????????

Quote:
Originally posted by Danospano

Anti-Bush.......because he's a moron, pro-war with Iraq, a horrible diplomat, detached from the real world and the hardships of the average American, and his arrogance makes me fume!!!!!!!
Old 03-03-2003, 11:25 AM   #4
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Normal

Anti-Bush.. he's pro-war, doesn't care about the environment, or the way the rest of the world (which DOES matter) views America, and is responsible for saying some of the dumbest things I've ever heard. And he lost.
Old 03-03-2003, 12:51 PM   #5
Acrobat

Local Time: 07:15 PM
Anti-Bush. For all the reasons you all been giving.
Old 03-03-2003, 12:58 PM   #6
Blue Crack Addict

Anti-Bush, for the reasons people have given. I particularly dislike his arrogance.
Old 03-03-2003, 01:25 PM   #7
Paper Gods
Forum Administrator

Local Time: 01:15 PM
anti-bush, for all the reasons you guys have given. but i think him being so pro-war takes the cake.
Old 03-03-2003, 01:30 PM   #8
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Local Time: 11:15 AM
anti-bush. Same reasons.
Old 03-03-2003, 01:45 PM   #9
Ghost of Love

Anti-Bush. Need I restate why?

EDIT: Actually, I will. This fucker promised Bono and millions of people on national TV that he would give Africa help with the AIDS crisis. $15 B, he says. Woo hoo. Then near the end of the speech he says oh yeah, it's actually $2B beginning next year sometime. Now he tries to introduce proposals that tie up the help in so much bullshit red tape that it'll take a miracle to get any help over there. Meanwhile, thousands of people get infected and die DAILY.

And to think they assasinated John F Kennedy.

http://home.cogeco.ca/~october/images/sheeep.jpg

Don't push this button:

I'm serious, don't!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyagu_Anaykus View Post
Interference is my Earth.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gvox View Post
Consequently, Earth is an experimental disaster.

If you keep going, you have only your self to blame

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Best Interferencer On The Damn Planet View Post
Edge:
too sexy for his amp
too sexy for his cap
too sexy for that god-damned headset
I told you

Old 03-03-2003, 02:05 PM   #10
Acrobat

PRO BUSH

- He's a leader.
- Moral Clarity.
- Not afraid to do what is right.
- Leading the war on Terror.
- See's the big picture in Iraq and is not letting liberal propaganda (i.e. war for oil) or self interested Europe (France in particular. Both Germany and Russia have legitimate concerns) persuade
his decision making.
- I have faith in his ability to help the economy (although the presidents role in economics is often exaggerated.)
- Education reform. (time for accountabilty in our nations schools)
- Respects the Office of President.
- Accountabilty. Something that is sorely missing in todays society. Not everything is someone elses fault, sometimes, YOU have to take accountabilty for your actions.
- He will reform wellfare.
- Hopefully will reform social security.
- In short, all of his policies are based on solutions not band-aids.

With that said, is he perfect? No, but no leader is. Overall, Bush has been a great President. I'm looking forward to his second term.
Old 03-03-2003, 02:36 PM   #11
New Yorker

Anti-Bush

- He's not a leader.
- No Moral Clarity.
- Not afraid to do what is wrong.
- Forgetting the war on Terror.
- See's the big picture in Iraq and is not letting liberal propaganda (i.e. war for oil) or self interested Europe (France in particular. Both Germany and Russia have legitimate concerns) persuade his decision making in making the biggest mistake in US history
- I have zero faith in his ability to help the economy,
- Zero actual Education reform, just more testing and reduced education support for states..
- Making the Office of President overly powerful in out balanced government.
- Zero Accountabilty for his actions through a wall od silence around his administration. .
- He will destroy wellfare.
- Bankrupt social security.
- In short, all of his policies are corporate and power based for his campaign supporters.

I'm looking forward to his term being over.
Old 03-03-2003, 03:29 PM   #12
Blue Crack Addict

Anti-Bush, because he acts like he's got visions of becoming the Emperor of the new Imperialistic age. Thanks, but no thanks. Also, big thumbs down to warmonger Rumsfeld.
Old 03-03-2003, 03:47 PM   #13
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by anitram
Anti-Bush, because he acts like he's got visions of becoming the Emperor of the new Imperialistic age. Thanks, but no thanks. Also, big thumbs down to warmonger Rumsfeld.

I think Rumsfeld is a also.
Old 03-03-2003, 04:28 PM   #14
ONE
love, blood, life

How do I say this....ummmm....well.....

I am pro-Bush, until a better candidate steps to the plate that is. As of now, I am not impressed with the declared candidates on the democratic side.

That said I am pleased to see him make some of the moves he has made. He has demonstrated an ability to lead under pressure. He has made some decisions that I agree with. I do believe that he is a compassionate conservative. He is doing things that he believes is right. The 15 Billion pledged for AIDS in Africa. The end to racist policies in selecting students for schools. Unhandcuffing the FBI and the CIA.

I am also not pleased with the way it seems the 15 Billion is going to be distributed. I am not pleased with TAX Cuts, when the deficit is growing. I am not pleased with this nations sudden inability to get along with the other nations of the world. In particular our long time allies. I am concerned that there has been more damage done than good. I wish I had saved the link, but there was anarticle which described the diplomacy of this nation as being done on the telephone, not in person. We need Colin Powell to get his ass to Germany and France to make the case.

I will not get into 9/11. He and Clinton are both responsisble for what happened. It is troublesome that no official investigation has taken place. Both administrations dropped the ball.

His handling of the events surrounding 9/11 was excellent. How hard was it to be leading when the entire country is agreeing with you. The 'War on Terror' as of this weekend, is going better than I was giving him credit for. The capture of the "BRAIN" this weekend is huge. I am pleased with the progress.

His EDUCATION reform is a JOKE. There is no more accountability than there was before. All it has done is create more paperwork for administrators and more testing for students. It is one big paper trail. I think most of the teachers who post here would agree with me.

Right now, I do believe that he has completely BUNGLED any goodwill the US had after 9/11. He has failed to make the case to the people on Iraq. He has waited too long to move, and right now, this is not good.

His "AXIS of EVIL" comments and "IF your not with us, you are against us" attitude towards the world, has weakened us.

A strong, centrist Democrat, could knock him out of another term.
Old 03-03-2003, 05:12 PM   #15
Acrobat

Where's Diamond? We're getting killed in here!