Poll: Is George W. Bush becoming unpopular???????????? - Page 4 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 03-03-2003, 11:41 PM   #46
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 07:48 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by melon

Dreadsox, wait until I am positioned enough to run for political office.

If I stick around MA here, I will likely run as a Democrat, considering how "Democrat" this state is, but I will probably stick it to the party machine really hard and get either a lot of media attention or get ostracized.

But I never do anything quietly...

Melon
Melon, you have my vote in advance. You would make an excelletn candidate.

By the time you are in a position, the Republican Romney wave will have brought more Republicans into power and you will have no problem getting into the Democratic Leadership!

Matt

Old 03-03-2003, 11:55 PM   #47
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
Originally posted by Dreadsox

Melon, you have my vote in advance. You would make an excelletn candidate.

By the time you are in a position, the Republican Romney wave will have brought more Republicans into power and you will have no problem getting into the Democratic Leadership!

Matt
Actually, I have my doubts of Republicans taking over the Congress here anytime soon. What amuses me is that, despite 4 consecutive Republican governors, the MA Congress is still as resolutely Democratic as ever.

I still don't quite know what that means. Perhaps people like their Democratic representatives and senators, but like the idea of a divided governorship and Congress?

Melon

Old 03-03-2003, 11:57 PM   #48
ONE
love, blood, life

Did you look at the number of people who switched into the Republican party to vote for McCain in the primaries last time?????
Old 03-04-2003, 12:03 AM   #49
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
Did you look at the number of people who switched into the Republican party to vote for McCain in the primaries last time?????
We did that in Michigan as well when I lived there. I think it was more of a protest vote against Bush than it was support for McCain. Something tells me that Massachusetts did the same thing. Bush frightened a lot of people, and, considering what has happened in the last two years, we can see that we had good reason to be frightened.

Honestly, I wonder whether a Democrat would have beaten Romney, if that Democrat wasn't as vague and entrenched in the machine as O'Brien. I really didn't like her at all. "A new focus on reading." What kind of bullshit was that? LOL.

Melon
Old 03-04-2003, 12:06 AM   #50
ONE
love, blood, life

Don't forget, Romney is the only person in years to have given Ted Kennedy a run for his money. Teddy lost a lot of weight, and actually had to campaign that year. Romney had a bit of a base.

Peace
Old 03-04-2003, 12:07 AM   #51
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
Don't forget, Romney is the only person in years to have given Ted Kennedy a run for his money. Teddy lost a lot of weight, and actually had to campaign that year. Romney had a bit of a base.

Peace
Well, I hope he is better than his father, who was governor of Michigan quite a long time ago. Apparently, daddy Romney left the state in quite a mess.

I'm cautious about Romney so far. I have no reason to dislike him yet.

And Ted Kennedy has so much clout that Mass. would be stupid to get rid of him.

Melon
Old 03-04-2003, 12:08 AM   #52
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 12:48 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by melon

We did that in Michigan as well when I lived there. I think it was more of a protest vote against Bush than it was support for McCain. Something tells me that Massachusetts did the same thing. Bush frightened a lot of people, and, considering what has happened in the last two years, we can see that we had good reason to be frightened.

I was a "cross-over" McCain primary voter in 2000. I do tend to vote Democratic. I thought we were going to elect a Republican president, and I preferred McCain over Bush. I thought he was smarter. I don't regret my vote. I wonder what would have happened if we'd gotten our way.
Old 03-04-2003, 12:13 AM   #53
ONE
love, blood, life

McCain, does have that itty bitty temper though...lol That comes out sometimes.

Peace
Old 03-04-2003, 12:22 AM   #54
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 04:48 AM
I think the temper thing is less of a problem than it was presented to be.
I would rather have a straight talker than somebody who is incomprehensible.
Old 03-04-2003, 12:25 AM   #55
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 05:48 AM
whatch mean dar?
Old 03-04-2003, 01:04 AM   #56
The Fly

there are more republicans then democrats. Just look in the last gov and congress elections 4 months ago, republicans sweeped the list. republicans are the SILENT majority. I am pro bush but not that impresse with his job. he is now having a real hard time in office. so instead of critisizing why not support him and help him. its the american spirit to have free speach but lets not forget we are americans who help other americans inspite of our differences. everyone thinks that everyone hates bush now bause more and more people are bashing him wich is not true because republicans are silent dimocrats are not. democrats will always bash a presedent who is not democratic or does one thing that they dont like. it seems to me that they are putting there energy into protests and bashing, put your energy where it helps somebody. peace your all GODS best oops i said god i hope im not thrown from here.
Old 03-04-2003, 02:06 AM   #57
Paper Gods
Forum Administrator

Local Time: 06:48 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by megadrum2002
instead of critisizing why not support him and help him
the day he sits back and listens to others' points-of-view will be the day i will support him. mainly, i'm not saying that from some bitchy person who's ticked because someone not in their party is in office, but just because that's how most politicians are (regardless of political affiliation). they have a tendency to not listen to the little people that got them there.

i'm sure if i were to write him a letter saying it wouldn't be such a grand idea to go to war with iraq, i'd get the same canned letter (if any!) that i would if i sent him a letter saying he's my hero and i want to have his babies.

oh, and loads of democrats voted republican months ago. i didn't, but i know those who did. it had nothing to do with their personal political affiliation, but with people's change in what they wanted in whoever was nominated for whatever position.
Old 03-04-2003, 05:37 AM   #58
Refugee

Location: on a one of these small green spots at that blue planet at the end of the milky way
Local Time: 01:48 PM
Melon: Great idea - if you become President of the United States i'll try to make it to the German "Kanzleramt";-)

I'm pretty sure US/German relationship would work out fine again

Klaus
Old 03-04-2003, 07:08 AM   #59
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by deep
I think the temper thing is less of a problem than it was presented to be.
I would rather have a straight talker than somebody who is incomprehensible.
Me too, I thought the temper thing was exaggerated. Although I disagree with him on alot of issues, I respect Senator McCain. I can definitely trust the guy, something, unfortunately, I can't say about Bush. The issue is not really Bush being a Republican. It's about him having qualities I just don't like.
Old 03-04-2003, 08:42 AM   #60
Refugee

What happened to the "Anti-Bush"/"Pro-Bush" idea?

This whole thread has been hijacked!!!!!

So far I've seen about a dozen true responses, yet nearly 60 replies! I was mislead into reading all of the responses!?! Damn it!!!