Poll: Is George W. Bush becoming unpopular????????????

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
You think I am kidding???? I am writing the Chairman of the Republican Town committee, of which I am elected memeber. Most votes of any candidate in 2000. I am resigning....the fact that I was ignored by all of the posters counting Bush votes, hurts.

I am now searching for a party and a candidate.

Dread,

I don't know if you are kidding.

But, you don't have to resign from any party.

From reading many of your posts lately I can understand why you might not want to continue to support GW.

For many GOP members a major concern is Gov. spending and deficits.

This administration is the worse on those accounts- if any one would care to pay attention.

They are throwing out everyone who cares about the budget.

This had been a main stay in GOP politics all of my life. That is a balance budget, to be fiscally conservative. All gone.

All the religion in politics does not sit well with me either.

There are times in my life when I want to hear it, I go to church.

I do not want the government in the churches or vice versa.

Dreadsox said:
I am now searching for a party and a candidate.

Dreadsox, wait until I am positioned enough to run for political office. :sexywink:

If I stick around MA here, I will likely run as a Democrat, considering how "Democrat" this state is, but I will probably stick it to the party machine really hard and get either a lot of media attention or get ostracized.

But I never do anything quietly...

Anyhow, I like former Vermont Gov. Howard Dean so far, in terms of presidential candidates, although it is way too damn early to make any judgments. By the time the election comes, Iraq will either be a distant memory--meaning the war is long over and it doesn't matter if an Iraq opponent is elected--or it will be a prolonged and disastrous war--meaning an Iraq opponent will be more than welcome. Keep that in mind...

Melon

Last edited:
Dreadsox said:
HELLO?????? I said I was pro-BUSH....and I do not count?????

Thanks a lot....I feel slighted.....I am now ANTI-BUSH since it is becoming more and more obvious you REPUBLICANS are brainwashed to the point that if you make a few dissenting comments about BUSH's performance you no longer count.

THANKS FOR NOTHING....I AM CHANGING PARTIES TOMORROW!!!!

SOOOOOO SORRY!!!!! I'll take my shoes off next time.......... :reject:

Set the record straight.....I think I have convinced myself I do not belong anymore. Deep is right, I am suffering from an identity crisis.

And...now...I am overlooked...no longer considered one of the few.....here...

Zooropa...it's all good. I am having a peace march in my mind and the people are saying LOVE. I love you all. It is all good.

Diamond, the record is straight. I understand....All we need is love. Love Love.......

I love you too man......

I am now officially disarming my mind.

Last edited:
paxetaurora said:

I don't think anyone else is laughing, diamond. :eyebrow:

The "jk jk jk" does not count.
well
verte and i did:)

khan and i have a history of kidding eachother here.:wave:
and..
if she took offense i apologize.

diamond

Last edited:
Dread,

If America is an idea.
Maybe a political party can be more than the people that have control of it now.
I realize in the Republican Party is pretty much a monolith now.
I am m 47 and have always had strong political interest.

By luck and through social connections I have met some big movers and shakers as the expression goes.
I have participated in party politics since the 80s.
There was a time when the religious right was one constituency among many in the party.

I very much would like to see Saddam go. GW and Co. blew this by not building a case and winning (or quietly buying) support behind the scenes. They put their self interest first, Election cycle, that is. There could have been a point when the U. S was asked to lead a coalition by building an overwhelming case of his atrocities, he truly is a butcher. They botched this like the first O J case.

dreadsox
played
everyone well tonite:up:
a true diamondmove.

Mr Deep is getting all concerned..:dance:
Mr Deep,
The most honest part of your post was the acknowledgement of your age.;)jk.:)
Plus you really know all those polictical wonks and big potatos in So Cal.:up:

:)
DB9

Last edited:
melon said:

Dreadsox, wait until I am positioned enough to run for political office. :sexywink:

If I stick around MA here, I will likely run as a Democrat, considering how "Democrat" this state is, but I will probably stick it to the party machine really hard and get either a lot of media attention or get ostracized.

But I never do anything quietly...

Melon

Melon, you have my vote in advance. You would make an excelletn candidate.

By the time you are in a position, the Republican Romney wave will have brought more Republicans into power and you will have no problem getting into the Democratic Leadership!

Matt

Dreadsox said:

Melon, you have my vote in advance. You would make an excelletn candidate.

By the time you are in a position, the Republican Romney wave will have brought more Republicans into power and you will have no problem getting into the Democratic Leadership!

Matt

Actually, I have my doubts of Republicans taking over the Congress here anytime soon. What amuses me is that, despite 4 consecutive Republican governors, the MA Congress is still as resolutely Democratic as ever.

I still don't quite know what that means. Perhaps people like their Democratic representatives and senators, but like the idea of a divided governorship and Congress?

Melon

Did you look at the number of people who switched into the Republican party to vote for McCain in the primaries last time?????

Dreadsox said:
Did you look at the number of people who switched into the Republican party to vote for McCain in the primaries last time?????

We did that in Michigan as well when I lived there. I think it was more of a protest vote against Bush than it was support for McCain. Something tells me that Massachusetts did the same thing. Bush frightened a lot of people, and, considering what has happened in the last two years, we can see that we had good reason to be frightened. :|

Honestly, I wonder whether a Democrat would have beaten Romney, if that Democrat wasn't as vague and entrenched in the machine as O'Brien. I really didn't like her at all. "A new focus on reading." What kind of bullshit was that? LOL.

Melon

Don't forget, Romney is the only person in years to have given Ted Kennedy a run for his money. Teddy lost a lot of weight, and actually had to campaign that year. Romney had a bit of a base.

Peace

Dreadsox said:
Don't forget, Romney is the only person in years to have given Ted Kennedy a run for his money. Teddy lost a lot of weight, and actually had to campaign that year. Romney had a bit of a base.

Peace

Well, I hope he is better than his father, who was governor of Michigan quite a long time ago. Apparently, daddy Romney left the state in quite a mess.

I'm cautious about Romney so far. I have no reason to dislike him yet.

And Ted Kennedy has so much clout that Mass. would be stupid to get rid of him.

Melon

Last edited:
melon said:

We did that in Michigan as well when I lived there. I think it was more of a protest vote against Bush than it was support for McCain. Something tells me that Massachusetts did the same thing. Bush frightened a lot of people, and, considering what has happened in the last two years, we can see that we had good reason to be frightened. :|

I was a "cross-over" McCain primary voter in 2000. I do tend to vote Democratic. I thought we were going to elect a Republican president, and I preferred McCain over Bush. I thought he was smarter. I don't regret my vote. I wonder what would have happened if we'd gotten our way.

Last edited:
McCain, does have that itty bitty temper though...lol That comes out sometimes.

Peace

I think the temper thing is less of a problem than it was presented to be.
I would rather have a straight talker than somebody who is incomprehensible.

there are more republicans then democrats. Just look in the last gov and congress elections 4 months ago, republicans sweeped the list. republicans are the SILENT majority. I am pro bush but not that impresse with his job. he is now having a real hard time in office. so instead of critisizing why not support him and help him. its the american spirit to have free speach but lets not forget we are americans who help other americans inspite of our differences. everyone thinks that everyone hates bush now bause more and more people are bashing him wich is not true because republicans are silent dimocrats are not. democrats will always bash a presedent who is not democratic or does one thing that they dont like. it seems to me that they are putting there energy into protests and bashing, put your energy where it helps somebody. peace your all GODS best oops i said god i hope im not thrown from here.

megadrum2002 said:
instead of critisizing why not support him and help him
the day he sits back and listens to others' points-of-view will be the day i will support him. mainly, i'm not saying that from some bitchy person who's ticked because someone not in their party is in office, but just because that's how most politicians are (regardless of political affiliation). they have a tendency to not listen to the little people that got them there.

i'm sure if i were to write him a letter saying it wouldn't be such a grand idea to go to war with iraq, i'd get the same canned letter (if any!) that i would if i sent him a letter saying he's my hero and i want to have his babies.

oh, and loads of democrats voted republican months ago. i didn't, but i know those who did. it had nothing to do with their personal political affiliation, but with people's change in what they wanted in whoever was nominated for whatever position.

Last edited:
deep said:
I think the temper thing is less of a problem than it was presented to be.
I would rather have a straight talker than somebody who is incomprehensible.

Me too, I thought the temper thing was exaggerated. Although I disagree with him on alot of issues, I respect Senator McCain. I can definitely trust the guy, something, unfortunately, I can't say about Bush. The issue is not really Bush being a Republican. It's about him having qualities I just don't like.

Last edited:
What happened to the "Anti-Bush"/"Pro-Bush" idea?

This whole thread has been hijacked!!!!!

So far I've seen about a dozen true responses, yet nearly 60 replies! I was mislead into reading all of the responses!?! Damn it!!! :)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom