Poll: If Election were today, would you vote Bush? (merged) - Page 10 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login
View Poll Results: If the election was held today, would you vote to re-elect Bush?
Yes 11 18.64%
No 48 81.36%
Voters: 59. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-10-2003, 09:21 PM   #136
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 10:43 AM
I have to agree with 80's. When the President lies under oath, no matter what he is lying about, he has shamed the office and does not deserve to be there.

This war stuff is politics, as of now, and time will tell if something more serious is/was going on there.

Old 07-10-2003, 09:23 PM   #137
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
Originally posted by Dreadsox
I have to agree with 80's. When the President lies under oath, no matter what he is lying about, he has shamed the office and does not deserve to be there.
Republicans were always better liars. I trust none of our presidents, irrespective of party affiliation.

Melon

Old 07-10-2003, 09:25 PM   #138
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
Originally posted by melon

Republicans were always better liars. I trust none of our presidents, irrespective of party affiliation.

Melon
Old 07-10-2003, 09:36 PM   #139
Blue Crack Addict

Location: In a dimension known as the Twilight Zone...do de doo doo, do de doo doo...
Local Time: 09:43 AM
Quote:
The difference is between lying about one's personal life and lying about one's professional life. I would not want to remove a successful CEO of a Fortune 500 corporation, because he lied about a consentual affair with a subordinate.

People shouldn't have even been butting into that aspect of Clinton's life in the first place. That's all I'll say about that.

Quote:
Now I would want to remove that CEO if he had lied about crucial details about his work, which is what Bush might be guilty of. If we want to start treating America like a business, then maybe it's about time we were serious about it. Throwing your company into fiscal irresponsibility and potentially lying about the reasons for your "acquisitions" (Iraq) are reasons why I would push to remove a CEO anyday...

...and precisely why I make a large distinction between Clinton and Bush.

Melon
Exactly.

Besides, I like Clinton, but that doesn't mean that I agreed with every single thing he did while in office. I don't care what party affiliation our president is with, if they start a war while in office I will not support it.

Quote:
Well, we'll never get to a federal grand jury on Bush, because he'll have declared all the potential evidence sealed for "national security."
Exactly.

Angela
Old 07-10-2003, 10:32 PM   #140
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Local Time: 07:43 AM
yeah i bet every president has done a lot of shady things, Clinton just happend to get caught.
Old 07-10-2003, 11:35 PM   #141
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

And, Nixon got caught too, oh excuse me we're talking about security issues here, not gratification ... So to lie about breaking & entering is the same as.... never mind. I can't even go into it anymore.
Old 07-11-2003, 02:21 AM   #142
New Yorker

Local Time: 08:43 AM
Edit: I argued the points about Clinton and then realized that is not my point in engaging in the discussion in this thread.
Old 07-11-2003, 08:44 AM   #143
Refugee

Location: on a one of these small green spots at that blue planet at the end of the milky way
Local Time: 04:43 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by sulawesigirl4
if it turns out that Bush lied about Iraq, he will have a lot of innocent blood on his hands. Just the fact that he used false information that was proven to be fake BEFORE he made his State of the Union address is pretty damn shaky if you ask me. Hardly the moral high ground.
If it is true that he knew that he lied about Iraq his lies killed US citicens (The Soldiers who fought to defend the US). If his lies killed US citizens he shouldn't even think about becoming President again.

Klaus
Old 07-13-2003, 03:40 AM   #144
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Local Time: 03:43 PM
Ok, if you have yet to vote in this poll, please vote!
Old 07-13-2003, 12:33 PM   #145
Blue Crack Distributor

Didn't vote for him the first time, not planning to again.
Old 07-13-2003, 12:34 PM   #146
Blue Crack Distributor

Quote:
Originally posted by Klaus

If it is true that he knew that he lied about Iraq his lies killed US citicens (The Soldiers who fought to defend the US). If his lies killed US citizens he shouldn't even think about becoming President again.

Klaus

I wholeheartedly agree, Klaus.
Old 07-13-2003, 02:13 PM   #147
The Fly

Local Time: 03:43 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Klaus

Klaus
I'm confused, can someone tell me again how Bush lied about Iraq?
Old 07-13-2003, 03:18 PM   #148
New Yorker

Hell Yes!!

YES!
Old 07-13-2003, 03:24 PM   #149
ONE
love, blood, life

Re: Hell Yes!!

Quote:
Originally posted by bonocrazy88
YES!
Mind elaborating on why?

Melon
Old 07-13-2003, 05:40 PM   #150
Refugee

Location: on a one of these small green spots at that blue planet at the end of the milky way
Local Time: 04:43 PM
swizzlestick:

Some CIA members told the press that the US government knew exactly that some of the "facts" which made Iraq to a imminent danger which were presented were wrong. Espeially The Uranium Fiction (see NY times OP/ED http://www.nytimes.com/2003/07/12/op...12SAT1.html?th )
Especially
Quote:
We're glad that someone in Washington has finally taken responsibility for letting President Bush make a false accusation about Saddam Hussein's nuclear weapons program in the State of the Union address last January, but the matter will not end there....

...It is clear, however, that much more went into this affair than the failure of the C.I.A. to pounce on the offending 16 words in Mr. Bush's speech. A good deal of information already points to a willful effort by the war camp in the administration to pump up an accusation that seemed shaky from the outset and that was pretty well discredited long before Mr. Bush stepped into the well of the House of Representatives last January. Doubts about the accusation were raised in March 2002 by Joseph Wilson 4th, a former American diplomat, after he was dispatched to Niger by the C.I.A. to look into the issue.

Mr. Wilson has said he is confident that his concerns were circulated not only within the agency but also at the State Department and the office of Vice President Dick Cheney. Mr. Tenet, in his statement yesterday, confirmed that the Wilson findings had been given wide distribution...
And:
http://www.nytimes.com/2003/07/12/in...12INTE.html?th

Quote:
The director of central intelligence, George J. Tenet, accepted responsibility yesterday for letting President Bush use information that turned out to be unsubstantiated in his State of the Union address, accusing Iraq of trying to acquire uranium from Africa to make nuclear weapons....

...For days, the White House has tried to quiet a political storm over the discredited intelligence, which was among many examples cited in Mr. Bush's speech to justify the need for confronting Iraq to force the dismantlement of Saddam Hussein's arms programs.
At least the CIA director showed some responsibility:
"Although Mr. Tenet's statement did not say he had personally cleared the speech, he said in his statement, "I am responsible for the approval process in my agency.""

Seems like the President isn't responsible for his speeches

Quote:
from the same Article

Greg Thielmann, a proliferation expert who worked for the State Department's Bureau of Intelligence and Research, added this week: "This administration has had a faith-based intelligence attitude: `We know the answers, give us the intelligence to support those answers.' When you sense this kind of attitude, you quash the spirit of intellectual inquiry and integrity."
Klaus