Poll.For Parents of Preteens-ages 6 and 8 - Page 2 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Old 06-16-2002, 01:32 AM   #16
Jesus Online
Local Time: 02:54 AM
I reckon you know what's best Diamond. You sound like a very good dad to your girls, you know what they are ready for. I honestly think that number 2 is the worst. Do you want them to get to high school, and the age of 12-13 when they are discovering boys to come home one day and say guess what I did instead of school today dad? To hear them say to you that their "mum (mom) did it, so it must be ok" would break your heart wouldn't it?

The song you can fudge over. At that age most kids know only a little about sex. If they do get persistant, and they are going to hear it eventually, tell them the couple in the song were making a baby and they got caught by mistake, and the singer is making a joke about an embarrassing situation.

I know you asked for least harmful, but kids, right or wrong, will always try to tell others especially siblings to shut up.
My neighbour (side note here) recently was dropping his 5yo off at shcool. 2 other little girls were standing near him and saying to each other "shut up" "No you shut up" etc until one finally got cranky and said "f**k, you're a bitch!"
5 years old.

We learn so much from our parents i think.

<a href=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v196/angelaharlem/thPaul_Roos28.jpg target=_blank>http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v1...aul_Roos28.jpg</a>
Old 06-19-2002, 01:26 AM   #17
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Local Time: 10:54 AM
you seem like a great father, and your ex is damaging your children. i hope she can see that, and doesn't let the divorce blind her. i hate how ugly divorces get nowadays...it's a shame people can't act like decent human beings for the good of the children...