Poll: Do you believe in UFO's?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Do you believe in UFO's/aliens?

• Yes- I have seen one

Votes: 5 11.4%
  • Yes- I haven't seen one, but the odds are we are not alone

Votes: 24 54.5%
  • no way, not a chance

Votes: 5 11.4%
  • no, but I might change my mind with enough evidence

Votes: 8 18.2%
  • I have been abducted by aliens/ I am an alien

Votes: 2 4.5%

• Total voters

Summer~Rain

The Fly
I just read a story about a new star system much like ours, so I wanted to pose a very atypical question. I hope it hasn't been posted yet and I hope I'm in the right forum for this. Please tell us what you think!

I don't if I believe in aliens or UFOS or not, but my brother claims that he was abducted by aliens and he is still afraid that he will be abducted again.

One time awhile ago, My brother and I both thought that we had seen a UFO, but it turn out that it was just a blimp that was out @ nite according to the newspaper. We still believe that it might have been one.

As of right now, I don't think there are UFO's. I could be wrong, but I guess I've been busy with my life to be abducted and stuff. Good thing too cause I don't think I want to worry right now if we are "all alone" in this universe or not.

UFOs = unidentified flying objects, sure.

Because we can?t identify them, does not make them extra terrestrial.

Europeans called the native Americans-- Indians, as many still do. They are not from India.

I think it is likely there is other life in the universe.

I think it is not likely that we will find any intelligent life any time soon.

deep said:

Europeans called the native Americans-- Indians, as many still do. They are not from India.

Just to clarify...
People mistakenly believe that the term ?Indian? comes from Columbus believing he had landed in India. This is not true; India was called Hindustand during Columbus?s time. The word ?Indian? is derived from a Latin phrase meaning ?people of God?.

:)

As for aliens coming to earth, it is physically impossible according to our current understanding of the laws of physics.

Last edited:
Oh yes, I believe that there are aliens out there.

In a sense it would be arrogant to think that we are the only civilization that is 'sophisticated' enough to search the universe.
But in their view we are 'aliens' as well.

I think only the MiB could answer this question correctly, though. :)

I think there is life out there. I don't know if they have visited here, but strange unexplained things have happened all over the world.

I enjoy UFO jokes, but it doesn't really matter to me whether or not there are really UFO's. I do think it's likely that there are, because it's tough for me to believe that the earth is the only place in the universe with some sort of life on it, and there may be aliens with flying objects or whatever out there.....who knows? But I'm really more into UFO joke stories (including some about alien U2 fans:lol: :lol: ) than I am science-fiction type serious UFO stuff.

Simple life is probably wide spread throughout the Universe. But I'm talking about Bacteria or single cell organisms. Animal life or Complex life on that level is probably extremely rare if it exist at all else where. Of course, given the massive size of the Universe, I would say animal life does exist somewhere else besides Earth. But then the next question is how often does complex or animal life develop into intelligent life? I would say the ratio is probably the same as Complex life is to simple life. Very very rare.

If your really interested in this subject from a scientific and objective stand point, I suggest you get the book "Rare Earth". Its an investigative book on the subject of how common complex life is beyond Earth. Its written by an Astronomer and a Geologist and in general reflects most scientist thinking on this subject matter. There is even a hypothetical math formula in the book to help determine an estimate for the possible number of planets that might have complex animal life. Trust me these guys have done their research and it is all scientifically based and explained. While they do not reach a conclusion that complex life does not exist elsewhere, they do provide evidence that clearly shows that complex life far more rare than most people including some other scientist had thought. After reading this book, its amazing that were actually here, and you'll begin to understand why complex life is probably so very rare if it exist at all outside of Earth.

I think that probably only 10 star systems out of over 300 Billion just in our Galaxy have or have ever had complex life on one of its planets. I don't think any of them ever developed into intelligent life. As for Intelligent life, I'd say that is so rare that only about 1 in 1,000,000 galaxy's actually have an intelligent form of life. By intelligent of course I mean on the level of man or higher. This means that the nearest intelligent species is probably in a Galaxy at least 50 million light years away! In general, intelligent life is so rare and so spread out that I doubt that any intelligent species will ever contact each other given the unbelievable distances. Its like trying to find a single special marked needle in area the size of the USA or greater.

Aliens probably exist, but will probably never find them nor they find us or anyone else do to the vastness of space and the rarity of intelligent life.

Hm, Sting, very interesting post! That makes sense to me. Like I said, I don't take aliens and UFO's seriously. I use them for jokes. I write about Interplanetary News Networks that of course I really don't believe in at all. The whole deal is just a vehicle for joke stories for me. I love jokes.

Back
Top Bottom