Poll: Do you believe in ghosts?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Do you believe in ghosts/spirits?

• Yes- I have had a personal experience

Votes: 15 26.8%
  • Yes- I have never experienced a spirit but I believe

Votes: 23 41.1%
  • I need more evidence, show me

Votes: 8 14.3%
  • No

Votes: 5 8.9%
  • I believe in the afterlife in the religious sense but not ghost walking the Earth

Votes: 5 8.9%

• Total voters

Summer~Rain

The Fly
I do. I believe we go on. I don't know all the details of course, but I have faith.

By GHOSTS, I don't mean the "BOO" white sheeted Casper or stereotypical Halloween or TV movie type. I mean the spirit of a deceased person or pet in another form of existence, an afterlife.

I do believe that we go on to an afterlife. I believe in ghosts because my brother actually saw one when he was younger. I didnt believe him then because I was to young to understand, but know that I am older I believe him.

I don't really know where I stand.

I believe in the afterlife
I believe in heaven and in hell
so I'm not sure why spirits would be stuck here on earth. I'm not sure how that fits into what I believe.

Unless either God sends them back from some purpose
I don't know...its sketchy

I think I believe in ghosts ...

I believe in heaven and hell, but maybe ghosts are in some sort of purgatory where they have to work some things out before they can move on to heaven or hell. I don't know ... :confused:

I guess i have been im places that are known to be hauned and I have felt a weird presence ... like something wasn't quite right. Maybe it was my imagination ... maybe not.

yup I believe that there are ghosts. Don't think that they are the "scary or Boo" types, but I think they are out there among us.

I don't know if this counts, but I don't believe time is linear, so o I believe that people are seeing someone from the past (or I guess it could be the future) when they see "ghosts." I'm probably not making any sense at all, so I'll shut up.

I don?t want to rain on anybody?s parade, but here are my current thoughts:

Jump ahead, it?s now the year, lets say 2202, nice ring to it. Choose any year, 3002, 2082, 2311 what the heck. And are you going to roam the earth and push people out traffic, rattle chains at night, and so on?

No, you see yourself as an exalted being, lets leave that for some other poor slob.

Think about it, a person lives their whole life, dies and then spends eternity as an angel or ghost interacting with living beings, why?

It is simplistic thinking that creates these odd little concepts, these beliefs comfort people. They are the center of the universe, all things revolve around them.

It was not enough to believe the earth was the center of the universe.

Deep.

I disagree w/you.

too much meta-physical/ scientific evidence and data these days.
The "simpler" approach is to just dismiss all this evidence..completely-this is the 'easier' route.

I believe life to be grander and larger than we realize.:):yes:

This has NOTHING to do w/selfabsorption.;)

Diamond

yes, in religious...although right now i'm just not sure about my religion...i mean, i do believe in heaven, and i do believe in hell...but i'm not sure about the whole angel thing, or what have you...i think that if god wanted something to happen/not happen (e.g. someone get's out of the way of a speeding car), then he could just do it...so, i guess i just don't believe in ghosts.

No.

Actually not. In my opinion ghosts simply CAN'T exist since why should God threaten people in such a way after death - if they would have been 'bad', or I don't know, and didn't wanted to be in Heaven - like e.g. Satanists - God doesn't have to bother with them and send their souls straight to Hell.

Though I don't believe in Heaven and Hell either....... :no:
Souls who don't come to the place called Heaven in the common sense simply......vanish........stop existing........

I could go on with this for hours, but it starts getting boring I guess. :tongue:

So: No, I really don't believe in ghosts.

i may be naive in thinking this way, but when i picture ghosts, etc. (when the person knows or recognizes the ghost, or vice versa) it could be an angel coming down from heaven if not to help them, at least to watch over them and observe life, like in the comic strip family circle, with billy's grandfather.

there have been times i have felt like there was someone there who i can't actually see or touch, and i know i do have family members who have passed on but care a great deal about me or in some cases, would have if they had been alive when i was born.

call me dumb, but my parents and i think the reason why one of my cats goes in the corner and cries has something to do with this, my grandfather who died in 11/82. but that's my opinion, and since there really is no right or wrong, no one can make me change my mind. :tongue:

I believe in ghosts in a different sense than most people. I believe that they are just another life form. When people see ghosts as a family member I think they are just imagining things. Or maybe the ghost likes to have some fun playing with our minds.

meegannie said:
I don't know if this counts, but I don't believe time is linear, so o I believe that people are seeing someone from the past (or I guess it could be the future) when they see "ghosts." I'm probably not making any sense at all, so I'll shut up.

Have you been reading "Cat's eye" by Margaret Atwood perhaps? hehehe..:)
Because in that book the main character's brother talks exactly about this

I'm a believer.

My friend's house had a boy child ghost, and both my friend and his mother have seen him several times. Also, both of my sisters have seen a young woman ghost in the basement of our old house.

My take on ghosts is not so much that they are spiritual beings like angels or demons. I feel that ghosts or phenomena are caused by events so catastrophic or with such emotional intensity that it warps the fabric of space-time. That intense energy then continues to repeatedly manifest itself.

Just a theory...

GypsyHeartgirl I'd love to hear your story if you wouldnt mind sharing.

Anyone read Amityville (sp?)? I read it once. My biggest prob apart from no evidence unless you see it for yourself, is why would anyone in this instance, stay in a house that had all this happening to it? If I personally came home to find my walls oozing green stuff and no one could give a suitable explanation, i would be hesitant to stay here. Not cos of the whole Hollywood coming to life aspect but because its green ooze and it cant be explained! The whole not knowing what it all means...This kind of caper is totally unexplainable. Not the kind of shit that would make me hang around cos of stubbornness and its the 'my house force me out if you want' kind of thinking.

foray, you should link that.
I don't have a bible here and I'm too lazy to go search for that online ;)

Angela Harlem said:
GypsyHeartgirl I'd love to hear your story if you wouldnt mind sharing.

Anyone read Amityville (sp?)? I read it once. My biggest prob apart from no evidence unless you see it for yourself, is why would anyone in this instance, stay in a house that had all this happening to it? If I personally came home to find my walls oozing green stuff and no one could give a suitable explanation, i would be hesitant to stay here. Not cos of the whole Hollywood coming to life aspect but because its green ooze and it cant be explained! The whole not knowing what it all means...This kind of caper is totally unexplainable. Not the kind of shit that would make me hang around cos of stubbornness and its the 'my house force me out if you want' kind of thinking.

Amityville was a hoax. I just saw documentary about it last weekend. People live happily in the house now. Yes, the murders that took place there were real, but paranormal activity was not.

Look at my hands and my feet. It is I myself! Touch me and see; a ghost does not have flesh and bones, as you see I have.

Oh, forget about that verse. Jesus was using figure of speech. :)

foray

Last edited:
Aww shucks...that Jesus and his figures of speech! What a kidder! :D

jk.

Thanks also heartleand girl, I read it years ago and was fascinated with their adamant claims it was real. They seemed to have so many witness to back them up...successful hoax then...

:)

Angela Harlem said:

Thanks also heartleand girl, I read it years ago and was fascinated with their adamant claims it was real. They seemed to have so many witness to back them up...successful hoax then...

:)

Definitely successful. They probably made quite a bit of money from both the book and the movie.

Back
Top Bottom