Poll: Do you agree with Bono's causes?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Do you agree with Bono on African debt relief and aid?

• Yes I do! I did even before he spoke out.

Votes: 13 31.7%
  • I do, but I admit it took Bono to draw my attention to it.

Votes: 15 36.6%
  • I only care because of Bono's activism.

Votes: 1 2.4%
  • I don't really care much, even with his activism.

Votes: 1 2.4%
  • I disagree with him.

Votes: 3 7.3%
  • I have not yet formed an opinion.

Votes: 4 9.8%
  • Shut up and sing. I want a new album.

Votes: 4 9.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

U2Kitten

Blue Crack Addict
Just wondering what most of the people think since it seems most avoid the threads with the topic in it. I am one of Bono's Angels, a group organized by Sherry Darling to 'pest' Washington into giving Bono what he wants!

What do I think? I'm with him! But I have to admit there are so many problems here in the US I might not have known a lot about it if Bono weren't the spokesman. I'm not stupid or heartless, it's just sometimes what's closer to you gets more attention. Now that I know, it bothers me and I care and want to help!

Please respond to the poll even if you don't post.

I disagree with Bono on his views on helping Africa. I think his intentions are good, but he doesn't seem to understand that throwing money at the problem doesn't help the situation. There's more to my disagreement, but I'll save you all the headache. :) I'm am glad though that he is as active as he is for two reasons, first, it gives him an invaluable source of materials to draw upon for his writing, and secondly, even if it's only a few hundred people that because of Bono open their eyes to the world around them, he's made a difference. Too many people (esp. in the USA) are in their own little bubble, completely oblivious to everything outside of "their world". It's really quite sad....

Last edited:
Agreed.

Zooropa said:
I disagree with Bono on his views on helping Africa. I think his intentions are good, but he doesn't seem to understand that throwing money at the problem doesn't help the situation. There's more to my disagreement, but I'll save you all the headache. :) I'm am glad though that he is as active as he is for two reasons, first, it gives him an invaluable source of materials to draw upon for his writing, and secondly, even if it's only a few hundred people that because of Bono open their eyes to the world around them, he's made a difference. Too many people (esp. in the USA) are in their own little bubble, completely oblivious to everything outside of "their world". It's really quite sad....

Back
Top Bottom