politics in the parking lot

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

verte76

Blue Crack Addict
There was a truck parked in the parking lot of my doctor's office. It had a huge sign in the back window saying "this truck is voting for President Bush".
Funny, I didn't know trucks could vote.:wink:

Well when Bush took Putin for a spin around his ranch, perhaps he was also reaching out to his new contituentcy.

Nov14BushPutinTruck.jpg

verte76 said:
There was a truck parked in the parking lot of my doctor's office. It had a huge sign in the back window saying "this truck is voting for President Bush".
Funny, I didn't know trucks could vote.:wink:

So that's how he get's the votes. I was beginning to wonder...well we know he has all the Hummers voting for him.

I saw a bumper sticker in a parking lot which said "I fly the flag. And I vote." I thought, Well, good for you. But honestly, I'm still not quite sure what message the person who put in on the car meant to convey.... Is flying the flag and voting the only things he/she does? I''m pretty sure whoever designed and distributed these had some message to convey, but I'm really not sure what flying a flag has to do with policy decisions. I mean, lots of people, of both major US political parties (and of many minor ones, and of none at all) fly the flag. And many (although not as many as perhaps should) vote. Actually, I did deduce it was a conservative voter (mostly cause it baffled me and most of my liberal friends and didn't seem to confuse the more conservative people I know at all...) I guess I'm just missing something... Anyway, I thought it was pretty funny.

indra said:
I saw a bumper sticker in a parking lot which said "I fly the flag. And I vote." I thought, Well, good for you. But honestly, I'm still not quite sure what message the person who put in on the car meant to convey.... Is flying the flag and voting the only things he/she does? I''m pretty sure whoever designed and distributed these had some message to convey, but I'm really not sure what flying a flag has to do with policy decisions. I mean, lots of people, of both major US political parties (and of many minor ones, and of none at all) fly the flag. And many (although not as many as perhaps should) vote. Actually, I did deduce it was a conservative voter (mostly cause it baffled me and most of my liberal friends and didn't seem to confuse the more conservative people I know at all...) I guess I'm just missing something... Anyway, I thought it was pretty funny.

This kind of thing annoys me. I had a flag bumper sticker on the car I totalled in January, and I haven't been able to find a replacement. So? Does that mean I'm supposed to vote Republican? I don't think so. It shouldn't say anything about a person's voting pattern. I hate this pattern I see with some right-wingers, they think you're either one of them or some terrorist who hates America. That is a bunch of :censored: nonsense.

I agree verte76. I am quite liberal in most of my political beliefs however I proudly displayed a flag on my car for months until one day a stiff wind caught it and ripped it off.

I saw a great bumper sticker that had a big "W" on it with the red circle around it with the line through it...

It said "Let's Not Elect Him in 2004 Either."

:hyper:

Back
Top Bottom