Political Compass, Part II

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

financeguy

ONE love, blood, life
http://www.politicalcompass.org/

Ok, most people that want to vote have probably already voted in the more informal poll (it is still open), this is a more scientific test that takes only a couple of minutes.

I am a 'libertarian right winger' apparently.

Economic Left/Right: 2.13
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -3.64

Little to the right of Nelson Mandela. -4 something for economic left/right, -3 something for social libertarian/authoritarian.

Economic Left/Right: -5.63
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -4.10

Wow. I honestly did not see that one coming.

So,according to that...I'm a liberal? :sad:

That's kind of odd. I usually prefer moderate Republicans over democrats, and have never openly supported a democrat for anything. It must be the whole abortion thing, I guess. I sympathize very strongly with the right in that particular topic, and it's a big deal to me. Also, religion is a big part of who I am, so that might factor into it, too.

But still, did not see that coming. :wink:

XHendrix24 said:
Economic Left/Right: -5.63
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -4.10

Wow. I honestly did not see that one coming.

So,according to that...I'm a liberal? :sad:

That's kind of odd.

Yes I thought you were a moderate conservative. :wink:

There was only one question on abortion I think, so it wouldn't have had much impact on the final result.

Obviously one of the flaws in a survey like this, if someone feels particularly strongly about just one issue, it will not be fairly reflected in the final results.

Well, according to this survey, I'm a member of the left as well.

Economic Left/Right: -0.38
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -0.21

A bunch of commies.....Sting2 was right all along...

Stay away from me you communists....:madspit:

:wink:

Econ Left/Right-1.81
Social Lib/Auth-0.00

Interesting.

I really liked how the website explained about Hitler and the accusation he was some right winger. His economic policies were pretty Keynesian--Let's see:Hitler killed millions, pretty Keynsian in economics, authoritarian. Stalin: killed millions, authoritarian, extreme left in economics. Not a whole lot of difference.

Ft. Worth Frog said:
Econ Left/Right-1.81
Social Lib/Auth-0.00

Interesting.

I really liked how the website explained about Hitler and the accusation he was some right winger. His economic policies were pretty Keynesian--Let's see:Hitler killed millions, pretty Keynsian in economics, authoritarian. Stalin: killed millions, authoritarian, extreme left in economics. Not a whole lot of difference.

corporatism (a major characteristic of fascism) is generally considered to be a reactionary or right-wing economic model. authoritarian/totalitarian control is independent of the economic scale.

Your political compass

Economic Left/Right: -6.75
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -6.36

Landed over there with Nelson Mandela and the Dalai Lama? Cool...

Economic Left/Right: 4.88
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: 1.69

I might be less right wing than I think! Mostly, it's because I don't want to impose or be imposed on which probably makes me more libertarian than authoritarian, although I do hate seeing Christian traditions stripped away in favor of secularism.

Let me add that I ended up somewhere in between Blair & Bush, and I thought I was to the right of Bush!

Economic Left/Right: -8.00
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -8.62

I'm close to the bottom left corner of the lower left quadrant. :)

starsforu2 said:
although I do hate seeing Christian traditions stripped away in favor of secularism.

The problem with "Christian traditions" being a part of government is that by doing that you (as a Christian) are imposing your specific religious beliefs on me, whereas a secular government promotes no religious belief, which allows you, me, and everyone else to pick our own religious or non religious beliefs. That way you get to keep your Christian traditions in your life and I get to keep those same traditions out of my life. So we can both be happy. :)

indra said:

The problem with "Christian traditions" being a part of government is that by doing that you (as a Christian) are imposing your specific religious beliefs on me, whereas a secular government promotes no religious belief, which allows you, me, and everyone else to pick our own religious or non religious beliefs. That way you get to keep your Christian traditions in your life and I get to keep those same traditions out of my life. So we can both be happy. :)

Conceptually I totally agree, but I believe that government is doing more to endorse Atheism (also a religious belief in my opinion) which does not reflect the will of the people, but of the few.

When we have more time, we can debate this one later :) It's always worthy of a thread! :up: But let me ease back into FYM before the flames get higher :wink:

Back
Top Bottom