Police: DNA proves man fathered grandchildren - Page 2 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Old 05-04-2008, 08:37 AM   #16
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Local Time: 03:32 PM
The only thing that surprises me about this story is that people are shocked by it, humanity is at an all time low and at the tender age of 18 nothing shocks me any more. This case indeed seems something out of a horror movie, movies will be created and fiction wont be necessary im afraid.
The family in the dungeon communicated with grunts and grumbles and its widely rumored that one of the kids cant walk straight and moves around like some sort of primate but im not sure if thats true.

When i first seen this guys face i immediately though it was Vincent price, none of the movies he starred in could come even close to the horrors that took place in Fritzl's basement.

Old 05-04-2008, 01:05 PM   #17
Blue Crack Addict
OK, I'm Austrian and I tell you there is nothing other than this story in the news. There are shocking details every day and a lot of rumours. Foreign media is already calling us the "land of cellars", because just two years after the Kampusch case, there is yet another case of a man holding people captive in a secret cellar. It's so hard to imagine that someone can do this to anyone, let alone his own daughter, and also to his grandchildren, and it's also hard to imagine that the other people living in this house, most of all the wife/mother/grandmother, had NO CLUE during all this time. Our political parties are already starting to exploit this story for their own means and the media is going crazy.

What I find really perverted is that they are comparing this latest case to the Kampusch case and most of them are saying that the Kampusch case is not interesting anymore because Natasche Kampusch was hold prison for ONLY eight years, while in this latest case the victim has been held for 24 years. Natasche was able to escape, God knows what would have happened if she didn't and how long this would have been going on. I dont understand how one evil deed can be played out against another one.

Old 05-07-2008, 04:43 PM   #18
Local Time: 06:32 AM
Fritzl says he is "not a monster".

No, calling him a monster is a heinous insult to all monsters everywhere. There isn't a bad enough word to describe him.
Old 05-07-2008, 05:26 PM   #19
Blue Crack Distributor
Local Time: 07:32 AM
No, he's not a monster. He's a human being. People like to throw around the word "monster" to make it easier to swallow that a human being did these things.
Old 05-07-2008, 05:42 PM   #20
Jesus Online
Local Time: 01:32 AM
Originally posted by AchtungBono
Stories like this make me sick to my stomach and I'm constantly amazed by the new levels of evil that mankind is capable of.
This monster should be skinned alive, boiled in oil, hung by his balls and left to die in the same prison where he kept his daughter and her children captive. There is no punishment on earth that is too harsh for him.

<a href=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v196/angelaharlem/thPaul_Roos28.jpg target=_blank>http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v1...aul_Roos28.jpg</a>
Old 05-07-2008, 06:26 PM   #21
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Local Time: 10:32 AM
Maybe I'm thinking this way because the initial shock of this story is over, but I think he should be the subject of psychological studies and tests. Meaning, to understand how and why someone could do something like this, exactly how are their brains wired to be like this, how can they lack empathy and so on.

I know it probably sounds absurdly kind, but I think if it were possible to stop this from happening again, or probably cure psychopaths, I think psychiatrists should get started on finding ways to do so, and start with him.

And once every test and study is done, lock him away and throw away the key. In the very cell he put his poor daughter in
Old 05-07-2008, 06:39 PM   #22
love, blood, life
Originally posted by corianderstem
No, he's not a monster. He's a human being. People like to throw around the word "monster" to make it easier to swallow that a human being did these things.
Exactly. Because the thought that anyone, just any average joe, could do this is terrifying but sadly true.
What happened to that man to make him want to do that to someone? Nevermind the fact it was his daughter.
Old 05-07-2008, 10:40 PM   #23
love, blood, life
Local Time: 10:32 AM
Originally posted by vaz02
The only thing that surprises me about this story is that people are shocked by it, humanity is at an all time low and at the tender age of 18 nothing shocks me any more.
When you're 18, it's not that uncommon to think that.

When you start approaching 30 or so, perhaps, you might realize that, while events like these are truly terrible, a cursory glance at history would reveal that, as a whole, our world is not all that bad. We've seen far, far worse than this in our history. We've progressed substantially since the Middle Ages or even the 19th century, where horrible civil rights abuses were the norm, rather than the exception.