Police called to anti-abortion protest in Dublin hotel..

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I don't agree w/ abortion myself, but I agree 100% with her statement:

"It is scary. I accept the right of individuals to express themselves, but, we can't allow bully boy tactics to succeed"

Who do those people think they are? If you want to protest with slogans and chants, fine, but you don't have to do around pushing and shoving everyone (or worse things like bombs and death threats like we have here).

The Pro-Life Campaign issued a statement "totally disassociating" the group from the protest.

Good.

Last edited:
I get lost when trying to work out where a mob's mentality feels that forceful or physical protesting is going to help their cause.

When the pro-life lobby spend their time out on the streets helping the homeless, the mentally ill and the disenfranchised, whether they were abused, neglected, terrorised because they were unwanted children, THEN I might take them seriously.

What I can never understand is how someone can call him/herself "pro-life" and support the death penalty at the same time.

This is disgusting. I don't like abortion, but I don't like these bully tactics. If they were just holding signs and chanting it'd be OK, but they're acting like a bunch of brutes.

blueeyedgirl said:
When the pro-life lobby spend their time out on the streets helping the homeless, the mentally ill and the disenfranchised, whether they were abused, neglected, terrorised because they were unwanted children, THEN I might take them seriously.

Actually, I think thats a very good point. Many people who call themselves pro-life don´t address what happens to the unwanted children they want to force women to have.

Back
Top Bottom