Police blame IRA for $50 million Belfast bank robbery - Page 2 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 01-08-2005, 04:11 AM   #16
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Location: In a car with House and Wilson :yikes: Let me out!! Let me oooooooouuut!!!
Local Time: 08:44 PM
yeah I can imagine it pisses you off. It pisses me off too and I'm not even from there

I loved it in belfast. It annoys me when people presume it's full of guns and bombs. It's the safest capital city in Europe, for god's sake! I'm planning to make a trip back over there at some point this year to meet up with all my friends again. There's so much I didn't manage to do.

and I'd love to climb Cave Hill again

Old 01-08-2005, 04:14 AM   #17
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

There's a great view from up there, when I was about 8 me and my brothers and my Da used to walk up the Black Mountain the whole way along to cavehill, great countryside

Old 01-08-2005, 04:22 AM   #18
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Location: In a car with House and Wilson :yikes: Let me out!! Let me oooooooouuut!!!
I don't know where I walked from, but I know it was about a 6 mile round trip

and the views were fab. I sat there for ages watching the ferries leave for scotland
Old 01-08-2005, 06:36 AM   #19
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 01:44 PM
thanks, ZeroDude and bammo2, for your input into this discussion - I always think that it's important to get feedback from people who live in the area discussed to give their viewpoints even if I don't always agree with that viewpoint.

My two cents: just like the allegations against SinnFein two years ago which brought the current peace process to a halt, this latest bit o' news is nothing more than an ALLEGATION - NO INFORMATION HAS BEEN PROVIDED TO BELIEVE THAT THIS HAS EVEN THE REMOTEST BASIS IN FACT.

Please research the history of robberies against the Northern Bank and even the logistics of this current robbery - the IRA is no where involved in these robberies. WHAT IS INVOLVED IN THE BUNGLING OF SECURITY BY THE BANK AND THE NORTHERN IRISH POLICE who now want to find a scapegoat by blaming the IRA!

Unless someone from the the IRA worked inside the Northern Bank, I don't know how they could have pulled off the logistics of how this robbery occurred.

To keep up to date with the Northern Ireland peace process, please go to http://www.bbc.co.uk and click on World News and click on Northern Ireland. I check it out several times a week to keep up on "the Troubles" and the regrettable lack of progress being made in that struggle.

Thanks, though, stars, for bringing up a real news issue for discussion.
Old 01-08-2005, 06:40 AM   #20
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 07:44 PM
financeguy, I can understand why you get angry and frustrated at the idea of guns and violence being all over Ireland when that's not really the case at all. I was in Ireland back in 1988 when I was a student. I was able to walk from my hotel in O'Connell Street to the theatre after sunset. Dublin is so safe! No violence, no guns, no nothing! I'd never do that in Birmingham, it's way too dangerous. I just think it's unfortunate that this robbery and political disputes are still going on, it's got to be frustrating.
Old 01-08-2005, 06:56 AM   #21
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Thanks you, for atleast some of you for truly understanding what it's like living in Belfast and or in the North or South of the island,
Old 01-08-2005, 07:11 AM   #22
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Jamila, do you have to shout?
Old 01-08-2005, 07:19 AM   #23
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Quote:
Originally posted by Jamila
thanks, ZeroDude and bammo2, for your input into this discussion - I always think that it's important to get feedback from people who live in the area discussed to give their viewpoints even if I don't always agree with that viewpoint.

My two cents: just like the allegations against SinnFein two years ago which brought the current peace process to a halt, this latest bit o' news is nothing more than an ALLEGATION - NO INFORMATION HAS BEEN PROVIDED TO BELIEVE THAT THIS HAS EVEN THE REMOTEST BASIS IN FACT.

Please research the history of robberies against the Northern Bank and even the logistics of this current robbery - the IRA is no where involved in these robberies. WHAT IS INVOLVED IN THE BUNGLING OF SECURITY BY THE BANK AND THE NORTHERN IRISH POLICE who now want to find a scapegoat by blaming the IRA!

Unless someone from the the IRA worked inside the Northern Bank, I don't know how they could have pulled off the logistics of how this robbery occurred.

To keep up to date with the Northern Ireland peace process, please go to http://www.bbc.co.uk and click on World News and click on Northern Ireland. I check it out several times a week to keep up on "the Troubles" and the regrettable lack of progress being made in that struggle.

Thanks, though, stars, for bringing up a real news issue for discussion.
I understand where you're coming from, and I too would like to see some evidence to collaberate the allegation. However, I am sure that the police chief has more evidence to back up his allegations than 'checking out the bbc website a few times a week'

It is difficult to have an opinion on whether or not the IRA was involved without having detailed and full information, which none of us are privy to.
Old 01-08-2005, 07:22 AM   #24
Jesus Online

Local Time: 06:44 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Jamila

Unless you work for the Northern Bank, the IRA or the Northern Irish Police, I dont see why your reply is any more speculation than the rest.

Pleae Jamila for the love of God, lose your piousness! It's bloody irritating.

Old 01-08-2005, 07:25 AM   #25
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

exactly Ang. On ALL points
Old 01-08-2005, 07:49 AM   #26
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Everything can be bleeding irritating although thats neither here nor now
Old 01-08-2005, 07:51 AM   #27
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Old 01-08-2005, 07:53 AM   #28
Jesus Online

Local Time: 06:44 AM

I know all about bleeding irritating - I am me
Old 01-08-2005, 08:00 AM   #29
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

enough has been said
Old 01-08-2005, 09:15 AM   #30
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 02:44 PM
Hey ZeroDude....I never meant to imply that whole area was a terrible warzone or anything like that, sorry if I came across that way. I don't live there but the fact remains that there are some issues in modern Ireland that I find interesting. It's a beautiful country.