'Plot to blow up planes' foiled - Page 6 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 08-10-2006, 03:51 PM   #76
The Fly

Local Time: 11:30 PM
Dude, you are misunderstanding. He is just saying what I said ... the root of the select few Muslims that are terrorists is their religious teachings. They are told they will receive 70 virgins for killing people ... that is a wrong and ridiculous teaching that the extremists hear from their backwards leaders.

Old 08-10-2006, 03:58 PM   #77
The Fly

Quote:
Originally posted by netminder0
Dude, you are misunderstanding. He is just saying what I said ... the root of the select few Muslims that are terrorists is their religious teachings. They are told they will receive 70 virgins for killing people ... that is a wrong and ridiculous teaching that the extremists hear from their backwards leaders.
Nonetheless, in the interest of avoiding misunderstandings, I’d rather hear what Macfistowannabe meant from him/herself.

Old 08-10-2006, 04:02 PM   #78
The Fly

He said that not all muslims are fascists, and that the attacks are committed by "musliim fanatics".
Old 08-10-2006, 04:08 PM   #79
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Local Time: 08:00 PM
It's not just religious teachings, it's a whole bunch of things which give the individual terrorist the motivation to do what they do. Some are motivated by pure hate for an ideal or lifestyle or government, others by years of "brainwashing", others by guarantees of safety for their families in the future, others by the religious doctrines suggesting rewards for martyrdom, etc. None of this can be explained by a single reason.

As someone mentioned earlier, some groups such as Hezbelloh are socially entrenched in certain regions helping assist people in day to day living providing services which local governments are unable to provide. This is winning the "hearts & minds" of the people so to speak. Some of these people join the group and become indoctrinated into the inner workings of this group. They are shown materials used to push them in a direction of anger and disdain for the enemy which could be Israel, the US or infidels in general or an oppressive regime (in their view). People don't just wake up and decide to go kill others on a whim. Even the military has to teach its' soldiers how to kill without remorse or concern, it's not a normal behaviour for the average person.

Terrorists have different reasons for committing their atrocities. Some are doing it for political or economic reasons,while others do it for religious reasons.They aren't all the same. This is one reason why the so called "war against terror" is failing. There has to be flexibility in the strategy of dismantling each terrorist group. Undercover agents may work with some while hand to hand combat may work with another. Cease fires might work with some while agreeing to negotiate land disputes might stop another.
Old 08-10-2006, 04:09 PM   #80
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Local Time: 07:30 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by silja
Again, that is a great generalisation. What would you have Muslims in the UK do? Break the law to live up to your expectations? I hope that I’m misunderstanding you.
It seems you intentionally misunderstood me by avoided logic at all costs. Nobody in their right mind would even take your questions seriously. The fact that Islamic Jihad has killed thousands of innocent people all over the world for many years seems to play no part to you as to why people have become skeptical of Iran, for example. Their president has been calling for the destruction of an entire nation, and at the same time, he wants nukes.
Old 08-10-2006, 04:14 PM   #81
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Quote:
He said that not all muslims are fascists, and that the attacks are committed by "musliim fanatics".
Even when you make it as clear as that, people will make their best attempts to "misunderstand" you.
Old 08-10-2006, 04:25 PM   #82
The Fly

Quote:
Originally posted by Macfistowannabe
It seems you intentionally misunderstood me by avoided logic at all costs. Nobody in their right mind would even take your questions seriously. The fact that Islamic Jihad has killed thousands of innocent people all over the world for many years seems to play no part to you as to why people have become skeptical of Iran, for example. Their president has been calling for the destruction of an entire nation, and at the same time, he wants nukes.
Then what did you mean by ‘there is no greater victim than a muslim who abides by the law.’? That was all that I was asking. I’m afraid that you’ll have to tell me what Islamic Jihad and Iran has to do with it because I don’t see the connection.

And you know what: I haven't done my best to misunderstand you. I can do much better than that if you give me a bit of a headstart, because right now you're leading on points
Old 08-10-2006, 04:30 PM   #83
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 05:30 PM
Quote:
First off, I congratulate those who stopped the second 9/11 attack.
This wouldn't have been another 9/11

Quote:

As a result, there is no greater victim than a muslim who abides by the law.
This is pure and utter bullshit.
Old 08-10-2006, 04:36 PM   #84
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Quote:
Then what did you mean by ‘there is no greater victim than a muslim who abides by the law.’?
The doctorine of Islamic Jihad hurts Islam as a whole, just like the Nazi Party hurt Germany and non-violent Germans as a whole.

Quote:
That was all that I was asking. I’m afraid that you’ll have to tell me what Islamic Jihad and Iran has to do with it because I don’t see the connection.
I have no doubt in my mind that Mahmoud Ahmadinejad is serious about his anti-Semitic agenda. He hates America, Israel, and Jews in particular more than any other "infidel." How are his Hitlerisms inconsistent with the doctorine of Islamic Jihad?
Old 08-10-2006, 04:39 PM   #85
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Macfistowannabe, do you know this from your lengthy study of the Muslim religion or the reaction of those that interpret it a certain way?

And unless you've studied the religion during your hiatus, then I know your answer.
Old 08-10-2006, 04:41 PM   #86
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Quote:
Originally posted by BonoVoxSupastar
This wouldn't have been another 9/11
Who are you fooling? This was a full-out attempt to duplicate what happened on 9/11 on the other side of the world. Some twenty fascists attempted to commit a mass murder on an airplane. Maybe you're thinking of 9/11/05?

Quote:
Originally posted by BonoVoxSupastar
This is pure and utter bullshit.
So in other words, terrorists good, peaceful muslims bad? What are you saying?
Old 08-10-2006, 04:41 PM   #87
The Fly

Hey Mac,
Don't worry about it man. I totally understand what you are saying, but some people just will not listen no matter what you say.
Old 08-10-2006, 04:44 PM   #88
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Who are you fooling? This was a full-out attempt to duplicate what happened on 9/11 on the other side of the world. Some twenty fascists attempted to commit a mass murder on an airplane. Maybe you're thinking of 9/11/05?
Did you read the article? The bombs were to be detonated mid-flight. And did they say how many?

Yes it would have been tragic, but no 9/11.

Quote:

So in other words, terrorists good, peaceful muslims bad? What are you saying?
No it means your true knowledge of the Muslim religion is flawed.
Old 08-10-2006, 04:44 PM   #89
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Quote:
Hey Mac,
Don't worry about it man. I totally understand what you are saying, but some people just will not listen no matter what you say.
I think Free Your Mind should be renamed Parallel Universe.
Old 08-10-2006, 04:45 PM   #90
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
I think Free Your Mind should be renamed Parallel Universe.
Ironically this is so true currently.