Please Watch This Movie!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jamila

Rock n' Roll Doggie VIP PASS
There is an EXCEPTIONAL movie playing on many PBS affiliates around the USA entitled "Yesterday".

It is an AMAZING film about the struggles of a young South African mother as she struggles to cope with life when she is diagnosed with AIDS.

Here is some more about this extremely important film:

The first international feature film shot in the Zulu language, this Oscar-nominated film stars Leleti Khumalo as Yesterday, a 30-year-old mother who lives in a remote village in South Africa's Zululand. Her life isn't easy - there's little money, no modern conveniences and her husband is away in Johannesburg working as a miner - but she takes great joy in her seven-year-old daughter, Beauty (Lihle Mvelase). The precarious balance of Yesterday's life is threatened when she's diagnosed with AIDS. As she faces her affliction, Yesterday, who never had the chance to go to school, sets her sights on a single goal: to be with Beauty on her first day of class.

http://www.pbs.org/previews/yesterday/

Please check out the above link to see if this movie will be shown in your area of the USA soon!

It will be showing in my area TONIGHT in less than one hour.

I thank you for your time and hope that you will watch this movie.

:hug:

Thanks everyone for your enthusiastic response to this movie.

What I'm doing is

GIVING UP U2 AT THE HALF TIME SHOW AT THE ROSE BOWL so that I can tape this and show it at a future time next month at a ONE meeting!

I'm sure that Bono would rather I give him up for an evening to tape this highly important movie to use to help spread awareness of ONE and the fight against extreme poverty in Africa.

I'm so glad that the response to this post is positive.

I have no time for negativity. :up:

Missed it, was watching Perfect Murder :( Wish I'd known sooner. Maybe you could help spread awareness by sending me a copy? :wink:

You didn't miss anything from halftime, it wasn't really a U2 performance and I doubt Bono is even aware of its existence. I didn't watch it, but I knew it wasn't going to be live and from what I've heard it was just crappy clips from Chicago. Same stuff on the DVD, on TV in Europe, and on ESPN.

Jamila said:
Thanks everyone for your enthusiastic response to this movie.

What I'm doing is

GIVING UP U2 AT THE HALF TIME SHOW AT THE ROSE BOWL so that I can tape this and show it at a future time next month at a ONE meeting!

I'm sure that Bono would rather I give him up for an evening to tape this highly important movie to use to help spread awareness of ONE and the fight against extreme poverty in Africa.

I'm so glad that the response to this post is positive.

I have no time for negativity. :up:

You didn't miss anything. Had I known the movie was on, I would have at least switched to watch it, at least for halftime

They did a horrible version of Vertigo, aopparently from the Chicago DVD. Bono sounded like a drunken old man, with his timing and what not being so far off. You made the right choice, imo.

I would really ask anyone who missed the movie to contact your local PBS affiliate station and ask them if they are going to show it again?

I think many times PBS affiliates are more than willing to put a show back on the air if they have gotten the public's positive interest in a show, especially a movie of this caliber.

And this is an HBO movie and evidently did run already on HBO, so I would contact them also about a possible repeat.

It was a very realistic, haunting yet inspirational movie.

Yea, I heard U2 at halftime was really nothing special. But my team did win the Rose Bowl! (I work for the University.):dancing:

Back
Top Bottom