Please say a preyer...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bonoman

Refugee
I cant sleep right now because in 7 hours(8am) my dasd has to go into the hostipal for a brain scan. They(the docs) think he has a tomur in his brain. Sounds bad. But i'm thinking positive and hope its nothing.

For any docs out there here is the story. My dad last year was driving alot to his job. 5hr trips back and forth once a month. Not to bad but he was working around 80-90 hrs a week and is 51 yrs old. Well while he was driving he would see spots and get blurred vison and had blacked out 3 times. This has been going on for 2 yrs!!! He never told us till the last time he blacked out. He doesnt really believe in doctors and that stuff(he's an irish old fashoned man). So we forced him to go. He went to the doc who said it could be high blood pressure which he was tested for and was ruled out. There next guess is a tomur.

Please lord let it be nothing!!!

------------------
Running to Stand Still-"you gotta cry without weeping, talk without speaking, scream without raising your voice."

"we're not burning out we're burning up...we're the loudest folk band in the world!"-Bono

Well, I'm not a religous person. Right now I'm still searching for my faith.

But I wish you and your father the best and I sincerly(sorry for spelling its like 5:30 am rite now)hope nothing is wrong with him.

(p.s. this really makes me frightened, becuase my dad is a workaholic aswell. And he does ALOT of driving aswell. Please update us on your dad's status)

My thoughts and prayers are with you. My mom has her health problems, and it is always a concern when it is your own parent who is ill. I will keep you dad in my prayers.

Hang in there Bonoman. I will say a special prayer for you- that is really important. I have just been through a similar situation with my dad. He had lung cancer that found it's way into his brain. He has been through brain surgery and radiation- a life changing situation. I know how scary it is- especially the unknown! But hang onto your faith and know that you and your dad are not going to be handed anything more than you can handle.

bonoman,
I am praying for your Dad as I type this.

On a personal note, I know we've had our differences on certain subjects, but not only do I respect you, but I consider you one of my friends on Interference. God bless you.

My prayers to you and your family, and I've added your dad to our prayer list. I believe in the power of prayer - hope things go well for him.

Peace to you and your family.

------------------
She's gonna dream up a world she wants to live in / She's gonna dream out loud.
Visit my web page at www.u2page.com

Yeah, He'll be ok!! And so will you
smile.gif

Lots of people around here are going through a a hard time, myself included. So you should find an understanding bunch. Take care of the both of you, now!

------------------
Look...look what you've done to me...You've made me poor and infamous, and I thank you...

My name is MISS MACPHISTO...I'm tired and i want to go HOME...

wow

this has really touched me in a way many of you dont understand. This is the first time i have ever really let my emotions go.

I dont know how to explain the sensation i have right now.

I, from the depths of my heart, canot thank you all enough for what you have said and the meaning it has brought me.

80's-you have become one of my best friends around here. We love to argue...hehehe...but we really understand eachother...thank you!

trash can-what you said was fantastic and really sent shivers down my back. I cant thank you enough for really reinforcing how much prayer can do for people.

Block, foray, zoomarang, like 02, tiny dancer, arden 75, crzy4bono, miss macphisto- thank you all for your thoughts i really aprieciate them and they have helped me more then you will ever know.

Thank you all...

ps-my dad has'nt got the results back yet so i'm still waiting! I'll let you know!

------------------
Running to Stand Still-"you gotta cry without weeping, talk without speaking, scream without raising your voice."

"we're not burning out we're burning up...we're the loudest folk band in the world!"-Bono

bonoman, may the Lord grant you, your father and our family the strength and inner peace to deal with whatever may come.
Never lose hope. Never hate or blame God, doctors, or hospitals, yourself, or your father ( It happens... its all psychological. Trust me. Ive been there.), OR life for whatever may come.
Always look towards God for peace, comfort, and strength.
It may not make much sense right now, but it is at these times when God's grace truely comes into one's life and shines bright... If one allows it to.

Be with your loved ones. Your family. Your friends. Lean on them for comfort. Talk about it. Cry about it. DO NOT hold it in. Talk. Listen. Share.
Pray... Pray hard.

God answers all prayers, but understand, as I have come to understand, that sometimes His answer is "no."

Everything will be alright. Come what come.
It will. Just give it to God. Rest it in his hands, and you, your father, and your family WILL be just fine.
Remember, there are greater things to come to ALL of us, after this life. There is no need for panic. God loves your father. He will be fine.

God bless you.
smile.gif

I truly hope there is nothing wrong with your father, truly I hope he is perfect in health. Hoping won't accomplish anything, though, but you will be in my thoughts and contemplations during meditation.

I truly hope, and pray, for the best for you.
Ant.

Originally posted by bonoman:

For any docs out there here is the story. My dad last year was driving alot to his job. 5hr trips back and forth once a month. Not to bad but he was working around 80-90 hrs a week and is 51 yrs old. Well while he was driving he would see spots and get blurred vison and had blacked out 3 times. This has been going on for 2 yrs!!! He never told us till the last time he blacked out. He doesnt really believe in doctors and that stuff(he's an irish old fashoned man). So we forced him to go. He went to the doc who said it could be high blood pressure which he was tested for and was ruled out. There next guess is a tomur.

*hugs bonoman*

I'm the same as he is...I don't believe in going to doctors and such (no offense to any doctors out there...I just don't like hospitals and medical stuff). I black out every so often unexpectedly. They've tested my blood pressure, blood sugar, and a bunch of other things, and they can't explain why it happens. So there's hope that it's not a tumor. I will say a prayer though...mine have been known to work at times.
smile.gif
*hug*

------------------
"I Can Lose Myself, You I Can't Live Without"

love to you Bonoman, and like others have said, the most important thing is to keep talking about it...about everything...don't shut your feelings away...and keep the faith

Best wishes to you and your family bonoman.

[This message has been edited by cass (edited 10-02-2001).]

Awww, ((((Bonoman)))) I know you posted this a while back, I seriously hope your father is ok and that the test for the tumor were negative. Its hard to know or deal with the fact that one of your parents or any loved one could be or is ill. Stay strong and lets us know what happened.... in the mean time I'll say a lil prayer for your dad and family.

------------------
~*Dream Out loud*~

(??.?(?*?.? ?.?*?)?.??)
?.???. *Monica* .???.?
(?.??(?.??* *??.?)??.)

This is weird. I am listening to Kite right now and reading this. I posted this a while ago. Well a while ago in feedback, which can be a day. But you people really help me in this time.

Well here is the update. My Tommy, as i call him, has had all the blood thingys tested and that stuff and nothing!...good and bad...

He has to go into the hostipal on Sept 5 to get a brain scan. I tell you life is weird. Just today the hostilpal called looking for info about my dad(age, name, stuff like that) and i had'nt even been thinking of it and now this.

I thank all of you and will pray for all of your loved ones. Thank you again!

------------------
bonoman

Back
Top Bottom