please read me, espeically if you're in - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Old 05-14-2003, 07:54 AM   #1
New Yorker
Local Time: 01:34 AM
please read me, espeically if you're in

Hello and blessings!

My name is Cheryl, and Iíve just ended my stint at Jubilee USAís Outreach/Policy Assistant. I was delighted to spend the past four months there, fighting for economic justice! It was a pleasure to see gains made. When the World Bank/IMF had their Spring Meetings without debt even on the agenda, we were there, on the streets in protest and in the board room at Civil Society meetings. When the vital debt relief proposal by Sen. Biden and Sen. Santorum (included in the Senate AIDS bill) was threatened, an emergency grassroots campaign led by Jubilee USA fought to keep that language inóand won!

There is incredible momentum! Yet there is also still do much to be done, which is why I am announcing the inception of VA Jubilee! Virginiaís own George Allen is a very important legislator on this issue; Frank Wolf is as well, and he has been active in concern for Africa. This gives us an important opportunity to make Virginiaís leaders leaders on debt relief! Itís time for us to take action!

Iíve emailed you because of your support of Jubilee USA in the past (which is why you are listed as one of their contacts). Please do let me know what you would be interested in doing and any of your own ideas for advocacy! Iím excited about the important and excited work we have the chance to do and canít wait to get started! Feel free to reach me at this email (