please read me, espeically if you're in

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Sherry Darling

New Yorker
Virginia! :)

Hello and blessings!

My name is Cheryl, and I?ve just ended my stint at Jubilee USA?s Outreach/Policy Assistant. I was delighted to spend the past four months there, fighting for economic justice! It was a pleasure to see gains made. When the World Bank/IMF had their Spring Meetings without debt even on the agenda, we were there, on the streets in protest and in the board room at Civil Society meetings. When the vital debt relief proposal by Sen. Biden and Sen. Santorum (included in the Senate AIDS bill) was threatened, an emergency grassroots campaign led by Jubilee USA fought to keep that language in?and won!

There is incredible momentum! Yet there is also still do much to be done, which is why I am announcing the inception of VA Jubilee! Virginia?s own George Allen is a very important legislator on this issue; Frank Wolf is as well, and he has been active in concern for Africa. This gives us an important opportunity to make Virginia?s leaders leaders on debt relief! It?s time for us to take action!

I?ve emailed you because of your support of Jubilee USA in the past (which is why you are listed as one of their contacts). Please do let me know what you would be interested in doing and any of your own ideas for advocacy! I?m excited about the important and excited work we have the chance to do and can?t wait to get started! Feel free to reach me at this email (cduckwo1@gmu.edu)

Peace,
SD

Back
Top Bottom