Please Bathe Yourself in My Douche-Tastic Poetry

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
whenhiphopdrovethebigcars... do you type that in everytime you sign in?

God Bless America,

L. Unplugged

Last edited:
Hahah.. I guess I come from a Cheaper by the Dozen mentality.. Thank you whenhiphopdrovethebigcars for replying...

Just a question.. what was the motivation for using no caps in the screen name.. how are we supposed to pronounce this name as we read it.. is it one breath like teh popularized 'Algore', or do we put breaks in between the words.. I'm always fascinated by the names people choose.. It's quite a cool thing to me.. that people put thought into their name.. Mine was when I first came to this board.. I almost became a true interferencer.. With the smilies and all the other flighty shit that goes on.. I say Almost to that Bama.. Then I guess I was Carlinized and it was too late to remedy my somewhat femininininized screen name.

L.Unplugged

House Minority Leader Dick Gephardt was billowing of arrogance today.. (More to come of that later).. about how the Democrats are going to win 40 seats in the house this coming election.. And the Dear old Rep. Traficant, when facing his verdict 'ceremony' was asked about Dick's comment this morning and he gave an eloquent yet factually brilliant reply. and to remind you he is a Democrat....

"If the Democrats win 40 seats and take over... God Save the Country."

capt.1026841201.traficant_wcap105.jpg

L.Unplugged

Last edited:
Lemonite said:
We Bombed the Germans
Because they Wanted a Cut of Our Action

They Wanted to Dominate the World.... BULLSHIT

THAT'S OUR FUCKING JOB!
~George Carlin

I've been meaning to ask you this for a while, Lemonite. Where is your signature quote from and what exactly do you mean by it?

Lemonite said:

"If the Democrats win 40 seats and take over... God Save the Country."

capt.1026841201.traficant_wcap105.jpg

L.Unplugged
:up:

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

:lemon:ite
please fill us in on DICK Gephardt's billowing arrogance

I am already somewhat ill anyways, so go ahead

Last edited:
I remember yesterday or the day before talking with Like Someone to Blame about the economy.. and I made the comment that the liberals want nothing more than for the rising economy to tank along with the market.. so they can have some sort of issue to run on.. somethig to rally them together.. and It was blown off as 'Oh Lemonite, what the hell are you talking about the economy's already tanking (A direct contradiction to numbers reported by the government)'.. well, it was reported today that Dick Gephardt actually wants the economy to turn around and sink right with the market, and he as well as his liberal counterparts will 'Talk Down the Economy and Milk the Scandal for the Sake of Fucking the 'Little Guy' by Tanking the Market as much as they can" to have some sort of issue to run on this November...

Here's the article and a following editorial...

L.Unplugged

July 18, 2002

Gephardt Eyes

Massive Gains Leader: Party Could Pick Up 40 House Seats

By Ethan Wallison

House Minority Leader Richard Gephardt (D-Mo.) has told senior Democrats that the party could pick up as many as 40 House seats if the continuously unfolding corporate scandals can be kept on the political radar screen until November, according to sources.
The figure far surpasses any that has been suggested previously - even privately - by Gephardt or any other top Democratic campaign official, all of whom have consistently indicated that the House will be won or lost by a slim margin.

"He said if this thing plays out right, we could pick up 30 to 40 seats," said one Democratic source who attended a recent meeting where Gephardt threw out the figures.

Gephardt's remarks, which were confirmed by a second source at the meeting, came on the heels of twin political developments that dovetailed with the unfolding scandals on Wall Street: revelations that the Securities and Exchange Commission was investigating accounting practices at Halliburton Co. when Vice President Cheney was at its helm; and re-emerging speculation about President Bush's stock trades as a board member at Harken Energy Co. more than a decade ago.

Neither new development - let alone the continuing revelations of questionable business activities in some of the country's top board rooms - has so far appeared to shift the political landscape on Capitol Hill.

But Gephardt's private remarks to colleagues would seem to underscore the political stakes Democrats see in an issue that is only beginning to set in among voters.

"As this unfolds day after day, I think there's a good chance the Republicans will be turned out [of power] and the Democrats will be given a chance to get at this cowboy mentality [in Corporate America]," said Rep. Max Sandlin (D-Texas), a chief deputy whip.

Asked whether he believes Democrats could do as well as Gephardt has suggested privately, Sandlin said, "I think there's certainly the possibility of [40 seats] as Corporate America unravels before our very eyes."

A similar outlook has taken hold across the Caucus. One top Democratic strategist, referring to only the latest accounting scandal on Wall Street, even went so far as to say, "I tell you [that if] you drop another WorldCom thing in September, the Republicans are really [screwed]."

Gephardt has certainly appeared confident that the issue of corporate ethics will ultimately play out to the Democrats' benefit.

Meeting with the top leadership Tuesday afternoon, Gephardt opened by advising Members to read a Paul Krugman column in that day's New York Times that accused President Bush of shady land dealings and cronyism in Texas. He also touted a similarly themed story in the New Yorker magazine.

"[Gephardt] said he thinks this is where the whole thing is headed," said one source who was in the room.

Republicans have suspected from the outset that Gephardt and the House Democrats would try to capitalize on the corporate scandals for political advantage - what White House Press Secretary Ari Fleischer has called the "secret plan" to keep the issue alive through the elections.

Steve Schmidt, a spokesman for the National Republican Congressional Committee, accused Gephardt of saying that he wants to restore confidence to the markets, while at the same time sowing anxiety among investors and "cheerleading for the market to decline" in order to gain politically.

"He's trying to talk down the market," Schmidt said. "If he's saying [the Democrats could make major gains], he is basically saying, 'I want to exploit this politically. I don't want to solve this.' "

Rejecting those criticisms, Gephardt has repeatedly pointed to his calls for quick House action on a package of reforms, put forward by Senate Banking Committee Chairman Paul Sarbanes (D-Md.), which passed that chamber 97-0.

In fact, Gephardt has accused Republican leaders of foot-dragging on reform, presumably in the interest of placating GOP benefactors in corporate America. Speaking to reporters on Wednesday, Gephardt cited reports that suggested strong resistance to the Sarbanes measure among key Republicans, particularly House Financial Services Chairman Mike Oxley (R-Ohio).

"It's always the same with them," Gephardt said. "It's like [they're] trying to get something done, but really [the plan is to] slow it down and water it down. That's their goal, that's their game plan, that's their strategy."

Gephardt spokesman Erik Smith said he had never heard Gephardt privately suggest the party could ride the corporate scandals to a landslide this November. He also suggested that 40 seats would be an unlikely prediction, since Gephardt has said only 40 districts are in play this year.

"I don't think he believes we could win all 40," Smith said.

But Smith added that Gephardt does believe that the political climate is now "better that at any other point this cycle," in large part because of revelations of wrongdoing in corporate board rooms.

"He said we're in an environment where winning the House is becoming more and more of a reality," Smith said. "He's bullish."

The upcoming one-year anniversary of Sept. 11 and the ongoing debate over the creation of a Department of Homeland Security have presented significant political hurdles, however.

Even before the corporate scandals began to unfold in earnest, Gephardt was privately expressing concern that GOP leaders would try to stretch out debate over the new department in order to draw attention away from issues the Democrats would want to raise in the home stretch before the elections.

Indeed, Republican leaders initially suggested that planning for the new department would take until the end of the year. Gephardt responded by putting forward an ambitious timetable yoked to the anniversary of the terrorist attacks, in hopes that the issue would be off the table before the campaign enters its most intense phase in the fall.

The Sept. 11 time frame has essentially been adopted. But no one yet knows what will transpire once the basic blueprint for the department, put together by a special committee of top House lawmakers, comes up against conflicting plans from powerful committee chairmen and ranking members, who have their own ideas about what should comprise the new department.

Already, Gephardt has faced strong resistance to quick action from institutionalists in the Caucus, such as Appropriations Committee ranking member David Obey (D-Wis.), who are devotees of Congressional prerogative. In the Senate, Appropriations Committee Chairman Robert Byrd (D-W.Va.) has threatened to filibuster the legislation.

EIB: Folks, you must, must, must read the Roll Call story about how House Minority Leader Richard Gephardt wants to worsen the market crisis, and talk down the economy. You must listen the audio link below to hear how Gephardt prays for more economic bad news so the Democratic Party can win in November. Roll Call reports that he thinks he could pick up as many as 40 House seats if these scandals "can be kept on the political radar screen until November."

They're going to make millions of Americans suffer, lose their jobs, and watch their life savings wither so Democrats can regain power over a nation they see as idiots, as I covered in Tuesday's inspired monologue Liberal Elitists Think America is a Mistake. All these wealthy liberals like Jon Corzine think they're entitled to rule.

But have you noticed that there's not a wealth tax? There's an income tax to keep people from becoming wealthy, but there's not a wealth tax. They love taxing people into average, middle class, or poor status so they'll come crying to Washington for help.

They're talking down the economy, which is up, and they're making a big deal out of these corporate scandals. Roll Call quotes another Democrat as hoping and praying for another WorldCom to hit in September!

This mad dash, with spineless Republicans on board, to pass the Sarbanes bill and other senseless legislation is going to end up doing more damage to the markets and economy than a bunch of crooked CEOs and accountants ever could. When Gephardt says he can pick up 30 or 40 seats, "if it plays out right," he means if everything gets worse. How rotten must your ideas be if that's the only way you can get elected?

Rep. Max Sandlin (D-TX) said, "I think there's a good chance the Republicans will be turned out of power and the Democrats will be given a chance to get at this cowboy mentality in corporate America." They can't wait for their chance to deliver a deathblow to capitalism and corporate America - and to set themselves up as leaders of a giant, government nanny state. They'll stop the motor that moves the world that hires people and makes jobs, all for political gain!

This has been the Democratic Party since FDR. They are getting so arrogant they don't mind allowing people to actually see in print that this is what they really hope, want and think. One top strategist for the Democrats told Roll Call, "If you drop another WorldCom thing in September the Republicans are really [screwed]." How do you drop another WorldCom? You make one up! You lie! You simply issue a charge, fax it to CNN and the New York Times, and it'll lead every broadcast for the next three days. That's how easy it is to work for the DNC.

Of course, it's also easy to work at the DNC Screw America Factory because the Republicans aren't defending themselves. They're jumping on the bandwagon so that they're not targets for Democrats in the election campaign; they should know by now that strategy never works! Gephardt knows it, which is why he cited a B.S. column in the New York Times by Paul Krugman that accused Bush of shady land dealings and cronyism in Texas. The total lack of evidence didn't matter.

The Democrats at this very moment are not working to improve the circumstances that have damaged your 401(k). Democrats want you miserable and dependent. Look at what they've done to the African-American population in this country.

And don't think that the Dems can't keep this issue alive if there's no truth to it. They convinced people that Republicans wanted to rip school lunches from kids' mouths when they actually increased funding by 6.5%., and blamed Republicans for a government shutdown orchestrated by Bill Clinton and the federal employees union. They lied away an entire decade of prosperity in the 80s - and they'll try to lie a bad economy into reality too.

An interesting observation.. All this talk of 'Where's the Corporate Responsibility'.. This talk of this being a large issue in the upcoming election.. Yesterday.. Adelphia BigWigs Handcuffed.. Seen on TV being led into a cop car.. you know with the head push as they get in..

We would all expect the liberals to cheer, say 'This is Great News'..

What do we hear?.... Nothing.. Not a word..

L.Unplugged

Political Demagogues Attack Private Enterprise,
Free Markets, Limited Government, And Freedom Itself

By
Philip Safran

Toogood Reports [Tuesday, July 23, 2002; 12:01 a.m. EST]
URL: http://ToogoodReports.com/
During the last couple of weeks we have been treated to an orgy of hand wringing on the subject of corporate corruption. We hear from Senators and Congressmen who have become overnight experts on accounting standards. Obviously when politicians talk this much about a subject it is because they believe there is political advantage. The Democrats have been trying in vain to turn the American people against President Bush but he has stubbornly held onto his popularity.

The latest attempt has been to blame Bush and Vice President Cheney for the latest reports of aggressive accounting gone badly. I have expressed my opinion on this subject. I have seen this behavior with my own eyes before George Bush (or Bill Clinton for that matter) became President. To some degree I am encouraged to see something that bothered me become recognized by others as a problem. However, nothing that I am seeing in this discussion gives me reason to believe we are moving in the right direction or that any changes that occur will be improvements.

The logic of the critics goes something like this. President Bush engaged in insider trading at Harken Energy 12 years ago and Vice President Cheney engaged in aggressive accounting at Halliburton in the late 1990s. As far as I know the President sold his stock in Harken Energy and failed to file one of his disclosures on a timely basis. The incident was investigated by the Securities and Exchange Commission without any finding of law breaking on the future President?s part. I have had enough experience with insider trading rules of publicly held companies to know that the rules are numerous and complicated. The failure to file a certain form is hardly a big deal if that is all that is involved.

At Halliburton, Mr. Cheney was the Chief Executive Officer. Under his reign the company was quite successful. When he left the company its stock was at a high point. That is not surprising since he left at the time he became a candidate for Vice President, in 2000, which was also the time of the high point for the stock market. Halliburton has suffered lately as a result of a lawsuit relating to asbestos. The lawsuit came as the result of an acquisition of a subsidiary that Mr. Cheney oversaw during his reign. In hindsight he can be accused of poor judgment. Poor judgment is not in and of itself a crime or a sign of corruption or of incompetence. In addition Halliburton apparently used some aggressive accounting in assuming it would be able to recover cost overruns in its government contracts.

As far as I know this is what Mr. Bush and Mr. Cheney is being accused of. The strained logic of the critics is that Cheney?s and Bush?s lack of ethics as businessmen before they entered the White House are responsible for the actions of Enron, Global Crossing, WorldCom, and the others that also took place before the current President took office. If that is the extent of the actions of these two men this line of attack is total nonsense. It may turn out that they are guilty of something but at this point there is no real evidence of it.

While I am bothered by the fact that sleazy politicians are throwing mud at men who appear to be much more honest than their accusers, there is something much worse at play. There is an attack on private enterprise, on free markets, on limited government, and basically on freedom itself.

Let?s start with the issue of expensing options which has become all the rage. Companies often issue stock options as incentives to employees to work for the benefit of the company rather than their own narrow interests. Since the employees will benefit from the success of the company they should look to more than just their paychecks while working. Since this is part of the employee?s (or Director?s) compensation it is not illogical to view the issuance of options as an expense of operations. Certainly legendary investor Warren Buffet feels strongly that this is the case.

There is also an argument against this treatment since the issuance of stock options does not lower the amount of money available to other shareholders. It does increase the number of shares, which has the effect of diluting the ownership of other shareholders. What has not been mentioned during this discussion is that publicly traded companies must disclose, in their financial statements, the effect that a decision to expense the granting of options would have had on the financial statements. While most people don?t read footnote disclosures of financial statements, the information is there for anybody who wants it. The companies also have to factor unexercised options into calculating the number of shares used in calculating earnings per share. So while there are good arguments on both sides of this issue the current system is hardly a huge issue.

The bigger issue is whether this issue, or any accounting issue, should be decided by the political process. Do we really want the people who vote pay raises for themselves in the middle of the night, who set up their own Bank which they widely and consistently bounced checks on, who largely succeed by lying to set accounting standards? Does anyone look forward to the day when Hillary Clinton sets up accounting standards to favor whichever corporation is contributing most heavily to her campaign? We could easily envision the Senator from Michigan setting up standards to favor the auto industry while the Representatives from California quietly set standards in favor of the semiconductor industry.

There is also a very disturbing anti capitalist, anti free market vein developing and being promoted by political demagogues. Obviously a great deal of money has been lost by investors in the last couple of years. Politicians, of course, will not tell the public that investors had unreasonable expectations during the nineties. They will not remind them that stocks advanced at a rate that is not sustainable. Senators will not tell their voters that they should not have capitalized companies that had no earnings at billions of dollars. Whose fault is it that investors paid $60 per share for The Street.Com when it had no prospects of earning a profit?

The Democrats want anger focused on corporate management. Class envy is their old stand by. They offer themselves as the solution to protect the people from the greedy capitalists. There are already a ton of regulations regarding publicly traded companies. I have not been convinced that enforcement of existing laws would not be adequate. I don?t buy the argument that Clinton?s sleaziness was a model for corporate corruption but I do find it ironic that the folks who chose to not enforce the law regarding Clinton?s perjury think that draconian measures against corporate management including many new laws is the answer.

The likely result of such action is that good people will chose not to go into corporate management. This might please politicians who think government should be the answer to all problems. It will weaken business in general and lower our standard of living. As talented and ambitious people eschew business the ability of our economy to produce things for us will decline. The government can pass all the prescription drug bills in the world, but how many drugs can they invent and manufacture.

The anti business culture is also starting to take hold. When is the last time somebody spoke out loud about privatizing social security? It is still a no brainer as an idea. Any person who invested the money that is set aside for social security, even in the most conservative fixed income investments, would still have a much better retirement than those who rely on social security. Of course the demagogues will say that people might have been suckered into putting their social security money into dot com companies. The system of privatized social security would probably have to limit the choices people have in investing their money to broad based stock funds to the extent that people chose to put their retirement funds into stocks. People within five years of retirement age might have to be limited to fixed income investments. Even this would be more of a political choice than an economic one. Still the result has been that free market advocates have been silenced on what should be a core issue.

While we have daily headlines and crying about Enron and WorldCom we hear little about the fraud and waste in government that we take for granted. We take it for granted that politicians are dishonest and corrupt. We assume that billions of dollars are wasted in government. We throw more and more money into public schools and see worse results. Where is the call for long prison sentences and fines for school administrators who misuse taxpayer money? Where is the call for any accountability on their parts? Why is there not even more discussion of school vouchers as a means of allowing poor people to escape from the miserable public schools they are offered?

The core issue comes down to whether we believe in freedom or want to sacrifice our freedom for supposed security. Do we trust politicians more than we trust ourselves? If we rely on government to ?fix the problem? we have now, we will pay for the solution for years. There is every reason to believe the market will fix the problem if allowed to do so. Virtually every publicly traded company that had Arthur Anderson as its auditor has fired them. While the government is prosecuting the company, and perhaps deservedly so (although I would still prefer only prosecuting the individuals who actually committed crimes) it is the market place that is demanding honest financial statements. Publicly traded companies know that having Arthur Anderson as their auditors will result in their financial statements lacking credibility.

Stock investors will demand honest and conservative financial reports. They will sell the stock of companies that are unable to convince the investing public that their results are reliable. While the SEC has a role in policing the system it is still the case that the less they do the better off we will all be. If the system is allowed to correct its own excesses it will do so in a relatively short period of time and we will have the prosperity that comes with real freedom. If government comes in as the savior we can look forward to repressive governance of business substandard economic growth, and a general diminution of our freedoms. I vote for freedom. I know that I am more capable of deciding what I need than politicians are; I know that I care more about myself than they do, and I know that I will do a better job than they will. I also believe that most people are in the same position as me. I trust myself and I trust my fellow citizens more than I trust the government.

In his continuing endeavor to marginalize himself, Ex-Impeached president Bill Clinton has claimed fighting the AIDS epidemic is as important as Fighting Terrorism.

L.Unplugged

The Revival Of The AIDS Crisis

By
Chad Stafko

"The fact remains that HIV, the disease which eventually leads to AIDS, is primarily spread through sexual contact, both heterosexual and homosexual, along with the sharing of needles used to inject intravenous drugs. In fact, a recent study by the National Institute on Drug Abuse (NIDA) noted that the spread of HIV through sharing needles pales in comparison with the risk of contracting the virus through sexual contact."

"Unfortunately, the methods of transmission are rarely highlighted in reports regarding AIDS. Instead, those who state the obvious are characterized as hatemongers and right-wing zealots. However, laying out the truth and educating individuals does far more to curtail the spread of AIDS than wearing ribbons, making quilts and marching in parades. These practically useless activities mostly only help those who participate to feel better about themselves. "

"Oftentimes AIDS activists claim that the disease does not discriminate when selecting its victims. This is simply not true. Individuals who are in monogamous sexual relationships and have not engaged in promiscuous sex, have little chance in ever contracting the disease. However, those who are in promiscuous sexual relationships, especially homosexual, have the potential to contact HIV through only one sexual contact with another individual. "

August 31.. The Meadowlands.. The Return To Glory

http://www.ndtoday.com/onlinestore/kickoffclassic/index.cfm

___

I was in an AIDS Education Seminar today.. A panel of varied HIV + Individuals were rambling on how they wanted to be treated like they were before they had HIV, in regards to a Specific Setting which Isn't necessary to be divulged, one of them a Gay Man.. referred to himself as 'Homoniously Inclined'... Oh and one more thing.. Homosexuality is not genetic.

A Quote By Thomas Sowell On AIDS Education.. I think this Applies to the HIV+ Muppet Conversation that was held a while back...

"Does AIDS education actually educate people about AIDS -- or is it instead a way to propagandize in favor of accepting homosexuality and adopting the gay political agenda? If you said the latter, you are likely to be right more often than if you said the former." ..... Remember You Heard it Here First...

__
War in Iraq?... Taking out Saddam? Now people are saying.. 'Well He's not Hurting anyone..' 'There hasn't been any Actions to provoke a War'.. Isn't this the tact we took with Bin Laden?.. Well.. Let's go ask Mr. Glick to see what he thinks
___

Who is Kaizer Soze?.... He's the Cripple

____

Didn't I tell ya Bama and I were living it up at Coco Beach. Now If we can only get to Phreaknik...

linsabig.jpg

___

More US Blacks are axing for Reparations for Slavery.. In their attempt to Play the Victim off US Taxpayers Black and White..and American Indian.. Here's just a few snippets of the eloquence being expressed by the

"I want to go up to the closest white person and say, 'You can't understand this, it's a black thing,' and then slap him, just for my mental health," Charles Barron, a member of the New York City Council, told the crowd.

"Apologize White America," said a sign.

A few quotes from Louis Farrakhan.. A Man who said He would pray for Iraq in their upcoming confrontation with America that Iraq would Defeat America. Please Return to The toilet from where you came.

Black activist Louis Farrakhan told the crowd, "America owes the black people a lot for what they've endured."

"We need land for political independence, we need millions of acres," Farrakhan added. "We need payment for 310 years of slavery, of destruction of our minds and the robbery of our culture."

Well, you could have been left in Nigeria to Rot in the only nation where the 'Poor are getting Poorer', That's right.. the Poor in America are Actually Getting RICHER. Enjoy the next 60 years of Absolutely No progress in your cause Mr. Farrakhan.

Here's a few lines from a David Limbaugh piece....

"Have you ever considered what it would be like to be a black political conservative in modern America?"

"Just consider the mistreatment Justice Clarence Thomas, Why? Because they don't buy into the liberal template: the welfare state, affirmative action, multiculturalism, judicial activism, the public education monopoly and the rest. Unless you side with liberals on these issues, you are against blacks. " (Sound Familiar Fizzing?)

"Reverend Jesse Lee Peterson, of the Brotherhood Organization of a New Destiny (B.O.N.D.) is one of the latest to come under fire for his opposition to proposals that blacks receive reparations for the slavery of their ancestors.

"He was not graciously received. Peterson was called by Members in the audience ignorant and accused of being 'the white man's boy.. specifically "If you've ever wondered what a self-hating black man who despises black culture and worships at the altar of whiteness looks like, take a gander at the Rev. Jesse Lee Peterson."

"Peterson's advocacy of self-reliance for all people, blacks included, is what strikes a cord among Americans. Yet Dyson would have us believe Peterson hates himself and other blacks because he wants what is best for them: that they escape the bonds of government dependency."

"Liberals purport to champion the dignity and independence of minorities, but when any of them tries to escape the tyrannical bonds of their credo, he is branded as ignorant, an Uncle Tom, self-hating or worse. It takes no small amount of courage for blacks in this culture to challenge establishment doctrine, and the price they pay is often heavy. But by doing so, they perform a great service to their race and humanity as a whole -- and they should be heartily applauded for it."

I'll apply this last part to any liberal.. but it's all in how you read it..

___

Up Up Up.. It goes... Mr. Someone to Blame..

____

Let us all say a prayer for Mr. Heston.. Moses in light of his recent diagnosis.

L.Unplugged

Last edited:
i can't believe this damn thread is back.

lemonite what games are you going to? i got lucky and got purdue and michigan tix. i was at nd this weekend and saw them practice a little.

Cheer Cheer For Old Notre Dame,

August 30th. vs. Maryland.. The Return to Glory

Welcome back to the land of respect
2002 COLLEGE FOOTBALL PREVIEW: COMMENTARY

By DAVID HAUGH

Already Tyrone Willingham has restored a measure of the Notre Dame mystique, which had been on hiatus almost as long as Phil Donahue.

Already the dense fog has been replaced with an aura of elegance.

Already, infatuated Notre Dame fans do not think the smartest guy on campus is the physicist working overtime in the radiation lab or the lawyer on loan from Washington, but the guy coaching football.

Already the national media, "Nightline,'' "ESPN SportsCentury,'' The Boston Globe, the Washington Post, et al, has gone from pecking away like vultures to eating out of Notre Dame's hand again, like pigeons.

The program that was a national punchline nine months ago suddenly is being put to music.

There even has been the first indirect comparison of Willingham to Jesus Christ himself, in a recent interview with ESPN.com's Alan Grant, who played for Willingham at Stanford. "When those disciples were sitting in the boat and the sea was calm, they didn't need Jesus, did they?'' Willingham said, referencing the Bible book of Mark when asked about his first 100 days on the job. "But when the storm hit, that's when they needed leadership.''

Usually the first God-like reference for Notre Dame head coaches doesn't come until after he beats Michigan.

Suffice to say that the Irish football community hasn't embraced a Ty like this since the 10-10 Michigan State game in 1966.

How long will it last?

Good question, which might best be answered by bringing up another good question.

This question came back on Media Day. A fan disguised as a journalist (sorry if that's too general) brought up a play last season when USC scored with the Notre Dame defense still in the huddle.

The guy asked Willingham if the new coach could guarantee, in essence, if the right hand would know what the left hand was doing this year.

Willingham measured his response carefully before speaking. He already leads the country in pregnant pauses.

"To guarantee you things stretches my ability,'' Willingham answered. "I hope that wouldn't happen.''

But therein lies the answer to how long this lovefest will last.

Willingham doesn't have to guarantee 10 wins and a BCS berth (then people might wonder if he was really the smartest guy on campus) or a national title in three years. He doesn't have to guarantee 30 points or 200 yards rushing a game. He doesn't have to guarantee he will make people laugh at the Friday luncheons or cry at the pep rallies.

He doesn't have to guarantee anything tangible, really, that would stretch Willingham's ability, in his words.

But he must guarantee improvement. Period.

Improvement from last season's underachievement cannot be negotiable. Chances are it will be like fine art.

Hard to describe, but you will know it when you see it.

You may not necessarily know it from the scoreboard or the won-loss record.

You will know it from the way the offense gets in and out of huddles. The way the defensive backs break on the ball. The way receivers run their patterns with a precision reserved for the color guard. The way the Irish compete.

Lou Holtz went 5-6 in 1986 and he had few seasons that offered as much optimism to Notre Dame fans who noted differences beyond the bottom line.

Thus, despite popular opinion, there will not be another season in which Willingham feels less pressure than his first in South Bend.

There probably was more pressure on Willingham when he replaced Bill Walsh at Stanford in 1995, his first head coaching job, than now.

Now excitement exceeds expectations, so he should enjoy every waking second. One never knows how quickly it could go downhill after the honeymoon.

But the thought here is that Notre Dame AD Kevin White isn't going to wake up one day this season or next and discover that Coach Willingham squeezes the toothpaste tube in the middle. This marriage makes as much sense as the first few blissful months suggest.

George O'Leary may have been straight out of Central Casting but Ty Willingham isn't an actor; and the way he represents the ideals of the university without pretense or compromise has made Notre Dame football worth staring at again.

Whether it's more than a passing glance for many, of course, will depend on how often the Irish win. That's human nature. There remain those who will always evaluate improvement by wins and losses.

Thing is, Willingham has no reason not to improve Notre Dame's win total as well as its overall organization.

Ironic that Willingham inherits a team from Bob Davie, the man hired to fix the attrition problem, with a thread-bare depth chart. This team cannot afford injuries at quarterback or cornerback especially, and wide receiver and running back aren't exactly overloaded with able bodies.

But, if healthy, Notre Dame has enough good players to overmatch every team on its schedule other than Michigan, Michigan State, Florida State and USC. This isn't a bad team. It's a team that learned to accept losing last season, a team that lost its swagger at the first sniff of adversity. The problems were more above the shoulders than below.

Of the six losses last season, three of them -- Michigan State, Boston College and Stanford -- could have been averted had the Irish kept their composure. Had they been better assembled.

But with no obvious system to guide them they often looked lost and directionless. You might say at times Notre Dame was like a BMW traveling in the dark with one headlight.

There's a different driver this year, and despite Davie's strengths as a recruiter and defensive strategist, the outlook is much brighter largely because of that change.

Notre Dame has the players. Put this team in Stanford uniforms and it compares well to top teams in the Pac-10. In the Big Ten, the Irish have upper-tier material, especially among its younger players.

Notre Dame's problem lately has been that it looks better on paper than on Saturday.

Willingham had a few teams like that at Stanford where, everybody should be reminded, he did go 5-6 twice and 3-8 once.

His first Notre Dame team looks capable of going 7-5 and playing in the first Continental Tire Bowl in Charlotte, near Willingham's hometown of Jacksonville, N.C.

Willingham just might enjoy ending this historic season close to home around the holidays.

By then, expect Notre Dame football to be back in familiar territory, too, in the land of respect.

*Isn't it nice.. Let's all give a nice HooRay for real Human Rights Violaters.. Our Dear friends China.... They are going to sign the Kyoto Treaty!! This is like being offered a $100.00 dollar bill and Raving at what a great feat it was for someone to actually take the $100.00 dollar bill. Please.. The lack of understanding is astounding Pop.

*It's funny, Countries are prohibited from purchasing oil and doing business with Iraq.. However, Aren't many of the European countries doing just that.. Hence their Staunch opposition of a US Attack of Iraq.. which would bring to light such activity.

*To switch gears a bit if I may.. Have any of you been watching Julie Chen again show the world just how poor of a TV Announcer she really is in Big Brother 3..
There exists a Negro lady in the house.. Danielle.. Who was (Til Tonight) in a tight battle with a white male.. Roddy, for the eminence of the household.. In her private confessions to the TV, she continually refers to Roddy as a Devil, Lucifer (Complete with Uneducated Fang and Horn Gestures).. And has insulted him for being a white man come to lay down the law to the blacks in the house.. A La Massa.. Well Danielle.. If Roddy's the Devil, Then You're the Black Plague. Go enjoy your mulatto kids when you realize that talking with your neck will get you no where but a spot on Springer (No offense Jerry).

*To Continue.. Bubba.. Z Edge.. TheU2.. We're living in a world of ignorant idiots.. I've got a little hint for you miss Akwana Shabazz Al-Aziz Walker.. Pick up a fucking book and learn a few more words than 'axe' and 'Talk to the Hand'.
"WILMINGTON, N.C. -- A fourth-grade teacher has received a formal reprimand for teaching her students the word "niggardly," the teacher's son said. Parent Akwana Walker, who is black, protested the use of the word, saying it offended her because it sounds similar to a racial slur."

*Where's Danospano.. He usually likes to shove his head up the asses of Harvard Professors.. Look at the recent trash coming from your University today...
The Washington Times: A Harvard Professor Wants to Abolish the White Race.
The Motto from the website RACE TRAITOR that Prof. Noel Ignatiev affiliates himself with.
"Treason to whiteness is loyalty to humanity."
Ok.. Let's get a movement going.. "Abolish the Black Race" Eliminate Ghetto Slang.. including axe, nigga, babydaddy... Eliminate Babydaddies... And Cut the hell out all of that finger waving and Neck Slinging.. It's unattractive.

*Ah yes.. And there is Ms. Martha Burk..."A women's human rights treaty is not as sexy as Hootie Johnson running around and having tirades on the back nine," This is truly laughable.. Though I cringe when I hear any arrogant teenager fire out a 'It's a free country' as they speak through continuously chomping Bubblicious Jaws.. This is something that Ms. Burk really doesn't understand.. Just because you want it.. doesn't mean you can have it.. And Definitely does not mean that you should have it. I love Hootie's Response.. "There may well come a day when women will be invited to join our membership, but that timetable will be ours, and not at the point of a bayonet."
Word was, that when interviewed about this situation Ms. Burk Replied.. "WELL THEY CAN HAVE THE TOURNAMENT ANYWHERE ELSE.. WHY DOES AUGUSTA MATTER.".. Again, the Ignorance is astounding.

*If I may.. I'd like to return to this so called Earth Summit.. It is a beautiful thing to think that Humans, who have had any sort of technology for only 200 years can affect a planet that has been around for 4.2 billion years.. Sorry Creationists. A Few Select Quotes...
By Doug Powers "Toogoodreports.com"
"We're told that the world is in crisis. We're suffering from starvation, health problems, financial ruin, and more. To Americans, these are all things you can see on Ally McBeal, but to the Earth Summit delegation, they're all things caused by freedom and democracy."
"Freedom means individual rights, freedom means personal pride, and freedom means the ability to get away from the hellish environments and people who are at the root of these problems. That won't be on the agenda at any Earth Summit anytime soon. The concept of freedom doesn't involve any cash changing hands via immoral third party contracts, and therefore is not understood by most of the bureaucratic world."
Hence Sums up the entire purpose of the Kyoto Treaty... Canada Signing.. China Signing.. Great step my ass.. In fact the Antarctic has been 'cooling' for some time now.

Coming up this Saturday is the second game of what is building to become a Memorable Season.. The Return To Glory HAS commenced,
I leave you with an article from my Home Newspaper.. The Observer:

Be excited, be enthusiatstic, be cautious
By JOE HETTLER
Associate Sports Editor
Several events occurred after Notre Dame beat Maryland 22-0 last weekend at the Kickoff Classic.
Notre Dame fans across the country saved (the college football) the effort of playing an entire season and declared the Irish national champions.
Tyrone Willingham became the most popular person on campus.
Members of Zahm Hall ran around the dorm yelling, "We'll never lose again! We'll never lose again!"
Unfortunately, the Irish will lose again. And Notre Dame fans must keep this in mind.
They must realize this team is still learning a difficult offense. They must understand that Maryland wasn't very good, that they were a far cry from last year's 10-2 team. They have to know we'll face teams such as Michigan, Michigan State, Florida State and USC, teams that won't let the Irish get away with 11 penalties and only 130 yards rushing on 45 carries.
They must still be patient.
I'm as happy as the next Irish fan that Notre Dame won its first game in impressive fashion. It was refreshing to see the Irish dominate a game, annihilate another team's offense and celebrate a win in front of the nation.
But fans must look inside the numbers to see just how far Notre Dame must still go to reach greatness.
The Irish didn't score an offensive touchdown. They couldn't finish a drive inside the 20 yard-line. They fumbled the ball several times. Quarterback Carlyle Holiday was sacked four times. They were far from perfect, to say the least.
"We need to improve in every area," coach Tyrone Willingham said. "We need to not make so many unforced errors. We need to make better decisions in every area. We need to be more physical. So you can go on and on in every area; we need the constant improvement."
Seeing that, the good news is Notre Dame still won the game. The bad news is they didn't play all that well.
Now I'm not saying don't be excited about Notre Dame football. Or not to think the Irish can win a national championship in the next few years. I'm just saying that Notre Dame will lose sometime this year, maybe even two or three or four times, but that Notre Dame fans must stick by their team.
Fans need to stay excited, support the players and coaches and not criticize every move they make. Because next year, or the year after, the Fighting Irish will be back in the hunt for national championship No. 12. Give Willingham a little more time and the Irish will be, once again, a force in college football.
Until then, win national championships in your NCAA Football 2002 video game, scream your heart out at the home football games and be pumped up for the whole Notre Dame football experience.
Just don't get your expectations too high quite yet. Give the Irish a little more time. Give them another year or two. Give them a chance to reach their potential.
Once they do that, they may never lose again.

God, Country, Notre Dame.

L.Unplugged

USA Basketball.. Next time take your best players.

You Say You Want a Resolution
Everywhere you look, people are saying the dumbest things. This year, let's resolve to say enough is enough.
by Larry Miller
01/14/2002 12:01:00 AM

New Editor's Note, September 5, 2002: In yesterday's New York Times, Tom Friedman called this classic Larry Miller column essential reading. In case you missed it, enjoy!

-JVL

Editor's Note: I'm happy to introduce you to Larry Miller. You may recognize him from his work as a comedian and actor (he's been in everything--"The Princess Diaries," "Best in Show," "10 Things I Hate About You," and his turn as the sinister Doorman on "Seinfeld" stand out). Look for his essays in The Daily Standard every other week.

-JVL

PEOPLE HAVE BEEN MAKING New Year's resolutions for a long time. Usually they're personal and last no longer than a smoke ring or one of Tom Daschle's smiles. You know the drill: "I'm going to cut down on my drinking, lose a few pounds, and read more books." Of course, by January 3rd, you get drunk, order a pizza, and buy a satellite dish.

This year, though, my resolutions won't be personal, and they won't look forward. They'll look back. Four months back. As you know, since September 11, our leaders and soldiers have done a fine job, frequently a brilliant job. (I mean, please, how about that Rumsfeld? If he were a woman, I'd--Wait. Come to think of it, I'd still do nothing.) I don't even care that so many of our fellow Americans have been contrary and mealy-mouthed. What makes me want to scream like an actress and throw things is this: Since the attack, I have seen, heard, and read thoughts of such surpassing stupidity that they must be addressed. You've heard them too. Here they are:

1) "We're not good, they're not evil, everything is relative."

Listen carefully: We're good, they're evil, nothing is relative. Say it with me now and free yourselves.

You see, folks, saying "We're good" doesn't mean "We're perfect." Okay? The only perfect being is the bearded guy on the ceiling of the Sistine Chapel. The plain fact is that our country has, with all our mistakes and blunders, always been and always will be, the greatest beacon of freedom, charity, opportunity, and affection in history.

If you need proof, open all the borders on Earth and see what happens. In about half a day, the entire world would be a ghost town, and the United States would look like one giant line to see "The Producers."

2) "Violence only leads to more violence."

This one is so stupid you usually have to be the president of an Ivy League university to say it. Here's the truth, which you know in your heads and hearts already:

Ineffective, unfocused violence leads to more violence. Limp, panicky, half-measures lead to more violence. However, complete, fully-thought-through, professional, well-executed violence never leads to more violence because, you see, afterwards, the other guys are all dead.

That's right, dead. Not "on trial," not "reeducated," not "nurtured back into the bosom of love." Dead. D-E--Well, you get the idea.

3) "The C.I.A. and the rest of our intelligence community has failed us."

For 25 years we have chained our spies like dogs to a stake in the ground, and now that the house has been robbed, we yell at them for not protecting us.

Starting in the late seventies, under Carter appointee Stansfield Turner, the giant brains who get these giant ideas decided that the best way to gather international intelligence was to use spy satellites.

"After all," they reasoned, "you can see a license plate from 200 miles away." This is very helpful if you've been attacked by a license plate.

Unfortunately, we were attacked by humans. Finding humans is not possible with satellites. You have to use other humans. When we bought all our satellites, we fired all our humans, and here's the really stupid part. It takes years, decades to infiltrate new humans into the worst places of the world. You can't just have a guy who looks like Gary Busey in a Spring Break '93 sweatshirt plop himself down in a coffee shop in Kabul and say "Hiya, boys. Gee, I sure would like to meet that bin Laden fella."

Well, you can, but all you'd be doing is giving the bad guys a story they'll be telling for years.

4) "These people are poor and helpless, and that's why they're angry at us."

Uh-huh, and Jeffrey Dahmer's frozen head collection was just a desperate cry for help.

The terrorists and their backers are richer than Elton John and, ironically, a good deal less annoying. The poor helpless people, you see, are the villagers they tortured and murdered to stay in power. Mohamed Atta, one of the evil scumbags who steered those planes into the killing grounds (I'm sorry, one of the "alleged hijackers," according to CNN--they stopped using the word "terrorist," you know), is the son of a Cairo surgeon.

But you knew this, too. In the sixties and seventies, all the pinheads marching against the war were upper-middle-class college kids who grabbed any cause they could think of to get out of their final papers and spend more time drinking. At least, that was my excuse.

It's the same today. Take the Anti-Global-Warming-Or-Is-It-World-Trade-Oh-Who-Knows-What-The-Hell-They-Want demonstrators. They all charged their black outfits and plane tickets on dad's credit card before driving to the airport in their SUV's.

5) "Any profiling is racial profiling."

Who's killing us here, the Norwegians? Just days after the attack, the New York Times had an article saying dozens of extended members of the gazillionaire bin Laden family living in America were afraid of reprisals and left in a huff, never to return to studying at Harvard and using too much Drakkar.

I'm crushed. I think we're all crushed. Please come back. With a cherry on top? Why don't they just change their names, anyway? It's happened in the past. Think about it. How many Adolfs do you run into these days?

Shortly after that, I remember watching TV with my jaw on the floor as a government official actually said, "That little old grandmother from Sioux City could be carrying something."

Okay, how about this: No, she couldn't. It would never be the grandmother from Sioux City. Is it even possible? What are the odds? Winning a hundred Powerball lotteries in a row? A thousand? A million?

And now a Secret Service guy has been tossed off a plane and we're all supposed to cry about it because he's an Arab? Didn't it have the tiniest bit to do with the fact that he filled out his forms incorrectly three times? And then left an Arab history book on his seat as he strolled off the plane? And came back? Armed?

Let's please all stop singing "We Are the World" for a minute and think practically. I don't want to be sitting on the floor in the back of a plane four seconds away from hitting Mt. Rushmore and turn, grinning, to the guy next to me to say, "Well, at least we didn't offend them."

SO HERE'S what I resolve for the new year: To never forget our murdered brothers and sisters. To never let the relativists get away with their immoral thinking. After all, no matter what your daughter's political science professor says, we didn't start this. Have you seen that bumper sticker that says, "No More Hiroshimas"? I wish I had one that says, "You First. No More Pearl Harbors."

I resolve to be more vigilant and watchful. A good warning sign that these mutts were nuts was when they started dressing their women in heavy-duty, baby-blue bubblewrap. Any man who doesn't want to glance at a woman is, by definition, already very easy to talk into killing himself. Then again, to be fair, we haven't seen their women.

To scream, "Keep going!" when everyone else says, "Stop."

I'll just cut down on my drinking next year. Hell, I really wasn't planning to, anyway.

Larry Miller is a contributing humorist to The Daily Standard and a writer, actor, and comedian living in Los Angeles.

http://www.weeklystandard.com/Utilities/get_galleryfile.asp?idOLG={103F1102-C06A-4351-B096-CAA42AA41076}0

It's been asked, why double post?.. So as to keep a record of everything of worth, and everything of note on Interference... Sans the New U2 Music reviews.. I leave those to TheU2.

*Ah, dear.. it is September 11th today.. I do think memorials have their place, but I will question the extent.

*What do I think should be done as a Memorial to the Terrorist Attacks on the World Trade Center?

1. Rebuild the Towers Bigger than they were before they fell.

2. Commemorate this day by commencing the attack on Iraq, and the subsequent revolutionization of the Middle East into a prosperous and Free region.. oh wait.. I forgot about Radical Islam.

*I'm sure you've all heard the latest news reports flashing back to 1998 when every liberal who is currently 'Anti-Attack-Iraq' was trumping an attack on Iraq as if it was the first priority on EVERY American's mind.. Just like Prescription Drugs is now. Or maybe it was just so our former President could sneak in one more bj... I'm sure the thought crossed his mind.

*Have you heard Yoko Ono is Clamoring to 'Give Peace a Chance'.. Haven't you done enough.. Because of you, Bonochick and whenhiphopdrovethebigcars spend thread after thread, smiley after smiley debating who is the greater Band..

*I thought this was interesting.. Now everyone Please step uponto their Honorable High Horse and shove a stirrup posteriorly:

Tuesday, 7 May, 2002, 12:10 GMT 13:10 UK BBC NEWS
Why do people find racist jokes funny?

Ann Winterton is not the first person to fall foul of telling racist jokes. But for good or bad, race is one subject of which joke-tellers never tire. Why is this?
Ann Winterton's joke wasn't funny. Even Bernard Manning admits that.

In telling a racist gag in an after-dinner speech, she committed an act of professional suicide which saw her sacked from the shadow cabinet.

The "joke" - in case you haven't heard it - was that there was an Englishman, a Cuban, a Japanese man and a Pakistani on a train. The Cuban throws a cigar out of the window, saying they are "ten-a-penny" in his country. The Japanese man throws a Nikon camera out, saying they are ten-a-penny in his country. Then the Englishman throws the Pakistani out the window.

It came a few days after comedian Stan Boardman was vilified for telling a racist gag at a Leeds United dinner, and in the wake of three BNP councillors being elected in Burnley.

Some have tried to pass off Mrs Winterton's "joke" as a bit of harmless fun.

But perhaps the reason the joke may have been funny to some is the exact reason many others find it offensive: to find it funny one would have to actually believe there were too many Pakistanis in England.

To test the logic of this, try telling the joke with "a Swiss man" in the place of the Pakistani.

In other words, could it be a simple illustration of the old line that there is many a true word spoken in jest - that far from being jokes, racist gags are simply a more "acceptable" way of being racist?

In 2000, shadow health secretary Dr Liam Fox told this joke to fellow MPs: "What do you call three dogs and a blackbird? The Spice Girls." Dr Fox apologised but did not have to resign. Could it be that, although an indelicate remark, it is more acceptable because it does not appear to mask a racist attitude?

Bernard Manning, who unashamedly proclaims his desire to tell jokes about anyone of whatever nationality, does not agree that jokes are a cover for racism.

"You never take a joke seriously," he says. "It's a joke! There's no such thing as throwing [people out of the window]. You wouldn't do that!

"We have to tell jokes about everything and everyone."

Others in the profession disagree. Steve Nallon, a former Spitting Image regular who now lectures on comedy at the University of Birmingham, says the joke is about the "valuelessness" of human life.

"It's about throwing people out of the window. That's why it's fundamentally unacceptable. It's saying these people - and it doesn't matter which race it is - are not worth keeping alive."

For him there is a big difference between gags like this and those that merely play on a stereotype - the example he cites is a joke about Pakistan never winning the World Cup because whenever they had a corner they would build a shop on it.

"Now I don't think that's necessarily offensive," he says, "because it's not saying anything other than the Pakistani community put enterprise before they put football."

Yet some would still say that goes too far. Comedienne Shazia Mirza draws a distinction between joking about other cultures and joking about one's own.

"I make jokes about Pakistanis because I am Pakistani. I make jokes about Muslims because I am a Muslim. I would never make a joke about black people because I'm not black," she says.

"I make jokes about my own culture, because I feel I know about it. No-one knows it better than me."

The vein of comedy about one's own race is a particularly rich one. Nallon says there's a simple reason why Woody Allen is not offensive whereas, to many, Bernard Manning is.

"Woody Allen is coming from within a historically persecuted community. Bernard Manning is white, heterosexual, fat, northern bloke. He's not persecuted by anybody. Essentially he's the powerbase of the British society."

Comedian Ivor Dembina, who has long analysed his Jewishness through his stand-up routines, currently has a show called Sado Judaism, something he characterises as enjoying being beaten... but not in business.

Reflecting on Mrs Winterton's sacking, Dembina told BBC News Online: "Racist jokes are great a safety valve. They help us get rid of Tory politicians."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Should people feel free to joke about anyone and anything? If not, where should the line be drawn? Let us have your comments, using the form below.

Your comments so far:

Some of the most "offensive" comic material ever was that of the late great Bill Hicks (he joked about paedophilia, disability, pornography, killing celebrities, and much more). However he was also incredibly funny. Hicks relentlessly challenged social norms, and individual preconceptions with subtle and complex humour; he was saying something worth saying, and that stopped him from being truly offensive.
Robert, Zurich

What about the TV program Goodness Gracious Me. That makes fun of white people shouldn't we be talking about that or is this another one sided argument?
Matt , UK

As a gay guy I find jokes about homosexual stereotypes amusing. But as soon as the element of hate or distaste comes into the equation (....throwing me out of a window), the reality is lost. The Spice Girls joke was not a racist joke entirely as the joke condemned the white girls and used a politically incorrect phrase to describe a woman of African decent (a phrase which is not used as a racist taunt).

*Stupid Brits... Is a joke like this something they find funny?..
Why is there cotton on the top of Tylenol?
To remind blacks that they picked cotton before they sold drugs

That is so low class.. At least Tony Blair has some Sense.

*Larry Miller is not an extremist in either direction, to be honest, I think he goes both ways... and as you are trying to understand these Terrorists, please, give no thanks to the military who will be protecting you from a dirty bomb going off ni the apartment below you.. So you can keep trying 'to understand' these terrorists..

*The Return to Glory Continues this weekend with the Arrival of Michigan into the Hallowed Grounds of Our Mother of the Lake. I will be there, Sadly, you won't.

L.Unplugged

*Oh dear.. Well, we all knew it was going to come to pass, Nazi's comparing
the Leader of the Free world to Hitler, one of their own...

The regional Schwaebisches Tagblatt newspaper quoted German Chancellor Gerhard
Schroeder's justice minister, Herta Daeubler-Gmelin, as saying "Bush wants to
divert attention from his domestic problems. It's a classic tactic. It's one
that Hitler used."

It's a great contradiction.. Aren't we being shat upon for having such CLOSE
ties to Israel.. Nevermind that Israel is the only other country without any
sort of Peacesmoking delusions in this world. And the Leader of the Free
World is being compared to Hitler... Well..
Volkswagons suck anyways.

*Wasn't there a post a while back about the greatest threat to America?.. Is
it too late to punch in my vote for Tom Daschle..

*In another blow to Doctorwho's already WithereD credibility on any
political/current event issue...

Let's see what has happened just recently in the War on Terror..

AP:pakistan has completed its investigation into last week's arrest of alleged
Sept. 11 planner Ramzi Binalshibh and other al-Qaida militants. Binalshibh
was a member of the al-Qaida cell in Hamburg, Germany, that U.S. and German
investigators believe planned and carried out the Sept.
11 attacks. The Pakistanis had said a second high-level al-Qaida figure also
was captured last week, but have refused to identify him by name or
nationality. The al-Qaida suspects were arrested in three raids on Tuesday
night and Wednesday morning.

AP: BUFFALO, N.Y. -- Prosecutors presented an anti-American tape and an e-mail
that appears to mimic Osama bin Laden in arguing against bail Wednesday for
six suspected members of an al-Qaida-trained terror cell. Five of the men were
arrested after a series of weekend raids in
Lackawanna, five miles south of Buffalo. The sixth was detained in Bahrain and
flown back.

But this can't be considered progress can it?.. With love to a fellow domer,
of course.

*Oh and Joyful Girl.. Need I list again the ethnicities of these arrested
Terror suspects...The buffalo 5.. Yemeni... Ramzi Binalshibh.... Yemeni..
How many of these were 22 year old African American Professionals, 13 year old
asian girls carrying a Barbie Doll, or Old creaking sacks of bones hobbling
onto the plane.. Yes, and your asinine policy of forcing a mother of an 11
month year old baby to drink her own breast milk is
more than justified. Here's a nice little photo of a man showing his pleasure at the arrest of the Buffalo 5..... http://us.news1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/rids/20020918/i/1032390468.3690987595.jpg

Is this that 85 year old Norwegian Grandmother you warned us to be wary of??? Please, There is still a bit of yolk dripping off your
cheekbone.

*Have any of you seen Rosie O'Donnell's new haircut?.. Didn't someone put up a
thread in Lemonade Stand.. In the spirit of TheU2, about the Lesbian
Haircut?.. Again I ask.. Have any of you seen Rosie O'Donnell's new Haircut?..
Hahaha.. This time I can't be blamed for the bigotry.

*Someone was questioning my claim that the EU was filled with Socialistic
Jackasses.. I think it was one of the brits here..

AP:STOCKHOLM, Sept. 15 -- Sweden's governing Social Democrats claimed victory
after a tight race today against a center-right opposition, and were poised to
form a minority government.

Again, At least Blair has got some sense, and Kudos to those powdered wigs for
the impending Stamp of Approval on Blair's Resolution of force against Iraq.

*Liberals.. we have on record your stance on the Iraq invasion, when the time
comes and you have switched your opinions with the ebb of the rushing polls,
We'll be here to pat you on the ass and remind you of your hypocrisy.

*Janet Reno has taken the high road and decided not to pursue a fight in court
over the voting results in the Florida Gubernatorial Primary.. Insiders say
she's contacting Brick Top to take it to an unlicensed boxing ring. Pus.

*Bush's Approval rating..."Presidential job approval rating back up to 70% in
latest poll".. Didn't our friend to Blame clamor for a falling President
approval rating right until the election?... It's nice to be bent over every
once in a while eh 'Someone'.

*And while we're on Bush.. People still say he's the illegitimate President..
Do we all forget that Tom Daschle is the illegitimate Senate Majority
leader?... And for him to be 'Enforcing his Liberal Radicalism' on Americans..
well, It's wrong right guys?....

*I hope none of you are watchin Dr. Phil.. Please, anyone who advocates an
obese individual to take pride in their other attributes such as World History
or Milk Carton Bubble blowing while completely ignoring the fact that they
cannot fit through a door has spent one too many
nights diving down on Oprah.. But hey.. It pays now a days to be fat.. Pass
the McDonalds Fries.. oop.. I'm strictly a carnivore, I hear they cook their
fries in Corn Oil. Mazola to be exact.

*http://www.sfgate.com/chronicle/pictures/2002/09/18/mn_muppet1.jpg
Sesame Street introduces their new muppet..Let's read the caption... "
Kami, a mustard colored furry Muppet who likes nature, telling stories and
collecting stuff, is seen during a news conference in Cape Town, South Africa
on Tuesday. Kami also happens to be HIV-positive. The producers of South
Africa's version of Sesame Street unveiled the
world's first Muppet infected with the virus that causes AIDS."
Just wait, the word will come out that he's a queen.. And don't you like it
how it's phrased in the caption.. 'Kami also happens to be HIV-Positive'.. Of
course.. it's not his fault, and maybe it isn't.. but then again, why was he
born then?... And they spend Billions on AIDS
prevention. Get a fucking vasectomy.

*The Return to Glory, an excellent game was missed by all not present in the
famed Notre Dame Stadium.. and Yes, let the Haters return.. Just as U2 became
famous.. and as it is imminent that critics will begin to hate what is good in
Music.. In time.. When ND has taken 3/4 National
Championships... All will hate that is pure, blessed by God, and Good in
College Football. And yes, contrary to popular Belief, those who attended
Georgetown and Boston College, are indeed Inferior.

*Allow me to insert an article on Augusta National and Lou Holtz, who was
recently invited to become a member at Augusta National.

"Posted on Thu, Sep. 19, 2002

Holtz lacks the backbone to say no to Augusta
Golf club's refusal to invite women members sends wrong message
MITCH ALBOM
Knight Ridder Newspapers
You can't just join the Augusta National Golf Club. You must be asked.
But you can't ask to be asked. Or you'll never be asked.

There is no waiting list, no application process. You either get a
letter in the mail or you don't.

If you do, you can join for that year. If you don't, you're out, even if
you were a member last year. No one knows how you get chosen. No one knows how
you get dropped. And no one explains.

Since Augusta opened 70 years ago, no woman has been asked to join. But
Lou Holtz has.

Lou Holtz is not a woman. Lou Holtz is the former Notre Dame football
coach who now helms the team at the University of South Carolina.

Lou likes to golf. He likes nice golf courses. So joining Augusta would
normally be a no-brainer.

Except that Holtz has worked most of his life for universities that
celebrate inclusion, universities that do not tolerate discrimination. In
fact, the schools where Lou has worked proudly wave the flag of Title IX, a
law that ensures female athletes get the same
priority as male athletes.

That's not how it works at Augusta. Which means Lou has a little
problem.

Legally, Holtz is under no obligation to turn down the invitation --
just as, legally, Augusta is under no obligation to admit a woman.

But the brouhaha over Augusta and the Masters and the struggle between
its chairman, Hootie Johnson, and a women's rights advocate, Martha Burk, to
allow even one female member is not about legality. It's about appearances.
It's about principles. It's about the message you
send.

When the world's best golfers come to Augusta every April, they are
paying homage to a club that stubbornly defends its right to exclude females.
And when a TV network covers the Masters and breathlessly whispers about the
"hallowed ground of Amen Corner," it, too, is
celebrating an exclusionary place.

And when a lifelong college coach joins Augusta, he is essentially
saying, "I may work for schools that stress equality, but when it comes to my
golf, I'll join a place that stresses separatism."

The point isn't legal. The point is, maybe that's not the kind of image
you want to project.

"I am honored and flattered to have been asked to join Augusta," Holtz
said last week. "It's a great course with great people."

Sure. What else can he say? Anything less, and they may take back his
invitation letter.

If Holtz had any backbone, he'd be saying this: "Much as I love golf, as
a college coach, and therefore, in a certain way, an instructor of young
minds, I shouldn't be joining a club that excludes people due to their gender.
They may have the right to do it. But the Ku Klux Klan
has the right to assemble. That doesn't mean I have to pull on a hood."

Of course, Holtz won't do that. He wants in. Hobnobbing with Augusta's
captains of industry will get him far better connections than hanging with the
unshaven civil rights group down in the student lounge.

But here's what makes me laugh about the Augusta controversy. When its
defenders scream "We have the right to have an all-men's club!" all you have
to do is take the conversation one line further: OK. You have the right. Now.
Why do you want an all-men's club?

"Because ... uh ... because ... "

Because what? Because you want to make bawdy jokes? Because you want to
prance around naked? Because girls ruin the fun?

No one can come up with a single reason that doesn't sound stupid or
Neanderthal. If that's the kind of club you want to join, be my guest.
Personally, "stupid" and "Neanderthal" are words I can do without on my
calling card.

How about you, Lou?

Mitch Albom"

Mr. Albom.. Have you not heard of private property rights.. Where's
Morrie to slap you over the head with his walking stick and introspective
retrospectives.

*One more thing.. Why is it that people of mixed descent, that includes african american and caucasian or European American.. Why are they so quick to proclaim themselves as 'BlacK'?.. and not of mixed descent, or by virtue of the same flawed logic... White?... Maybe they just want to have an easier time getting into college or a job, but please.. and I'm sure this offends you U2Bama along with Tiger Woods dropping a duece on the Ryder Cup, but isn't it racist for them to discriminate on their background.. choosing one over the other?.. You've gotta love the hypocrisy.

L.Unplugged

My prediction is that you will have finally succeeded in getting this thread put out of its misery.

I told you last year that Tyrone Willingham would be a good coach for Notre Dame, and you didn't believe.

Oh, and congratulations on The Tarnished Dome finally scoring an offensive touchdown.

~U2Alabama

Congratulations to your valient performance against Oklahoma.. And sadly, valient is all it was.

The Return to Glory is in full swing.

ND 31 Pitt 10.

L. Unplugged

Well, It's been a little while since I've last talked to you, It's nice to see many of my fellow bretheren banned or weary of dealing with the gigantic mouthfuls of shit... Dreadsox.. I dedicate this post to you.

* It was nice to see that the prophecy of 'Someone to Blame' that Bush's approval ratings would continue to plummet, and the Liberals would sweep the 2002 election came true with a Flurry of Exuberance... Nice one there bro.. It was a good thought.

* Bono's been nominated for the Nobel Peace Prize.. An honor indeed, unfortunately the best thing he can do with this is to turn it down, as last year's bestowment of this prestigious award has been revealed to be the joke it is.... I refer you to the North Korea Situation.. Wasn't Jimmy Carter hailed and proclaimed as the Bearer of peace in this spot of land that is one of Earths Many PortoJohns?.. And that's just the beginning, Aside from his Globe Trotting Jaunts spouting Anti American sentiments.. (Excuse me.. Anti Bush, Anti Conservative Power sentiments), let's take a look back into the past. No one reached out or got on their knees more for the communist leaders than Jimmy Carter... Did that get the West an end to the Cold War?... Did that stop Brezhnev from trying to spread Communism globally?.. Of course not, Carter's Peace at all costs, and absolute fear of using Military Force paved the way for the aggressive Communist Action around the globe in the late 70's. Nobel Peace Prize indeed... Turn it down Bono, The last thing I want to see is you become a joke in the global community.

* But it's all a moot point.. Wishful thinking, What are the odds into what will be discovered when Saddam is overthrown and the actions of this asshole are revealed?.. That he was squeaky clean.. a model 'Republican Leader'?.. The great man who passed 'legislation' banning any use of WMD by Iraq?.. I wouldn't put my money on that, I'd bet that the WMD of program is further along than any of us would imagine.. The Nuclear program is eerily close to completion, the Records of Rapes of Women in the Town Centers, Murders of Civilians to set examples, will be a shock to the world, AND THEN.. AND THEN.. G. W. Bush will be acknowledged as the revolutionary that he is in this region, liberating the Iraqi people, and there will be no one more worthy for the Nobel Peace Prize than Himself.

*Why aren't people protesting Saddam's Murderous Regime?

*Governor of New Mexico Bill Richards, a democrat is endorsing Tax Cuts to promote growth.. The very same tax cuts that Bush supports, the Very same tax cuts that, while giving tax relief on an equitable percentage basis to EVERYONE, Liberals claim is only for the rich.. (On a side note, the top 50% of tax payers pay 96% of the TAxes in America). I'm awaiting the slams and critique of this man by Liberals around the globe.. But then again.. Word is no one cares.. In fact, I don't think I could find a registered US citizen living there.

*Personally I can't imagine my life without Ephedrin... AND I'm not even fat.

*Did I hear the Rev. Jesse Jackson correctly in his statements concerning the Chicago Club Disaster?.. Did he actually blame George W. Bush and his focus on Terrorism for the 21 dead individuals?.. Maybe it's the fumes from the diapers of his Bastard Children, but It appears that our revered Civil Rights Ass Clown has a little bit of Crow on his face.

* Rev. Jackson has also blamed the Chicago Agencies for not 'Making Sure' E2 was closed.. Apparently he thinks nothing of an Individual's Responsibility to Respect the Law.. If I may segway to Iraq for a minute.. Iraq has violated the 1991 resolutions countless times, and already violated the UN 1441 resolution.. Why is there such an absence of logistical thoughtlines that If you Break the Law... A La Noncompliance.. You get punished.. Is that so hard to understand?

*''Well, here's my problem with pro sports today, Guys are complaining about making $6 million instead of $7 million, and what is their job?
Playing a damned game. You know what I made last year? I made $14,000.
They pay me $14,000, and you know what my job description is?
I'm paid to take a bullet.''
-a US Marine, Aviation Land Support Squad 39

* What is the purpose of Smirnoff Triple Black?.. It is no more stronger in alcohol content... It has the same Base Taste of Red Smirnoff ICE, and it costs the same?

* What is the purpose of Red Smirnoff Ice?.. It has the same alcohol content of Triple Black.. Supposedly tastes 'Less Refined', costs the same as Triple Black?.. Why would anyone, when faced with a better alternative, purposely punish themselves as they drink themselves into bolivion? That's why I drink Makers Mark.

* I hope none of you 'partook' in the Great Guinness Toast.. Nothing like trying to be Irish soo hard that you become an absolute tool.

* Why would I put my protection, my security in the hands of the UN?.. An organization only out to nullify the power of America, cannot protect Rwanda and Somalia?.. What makes me think that they can allow me to sleep soundly at night?.. That's an inherently irresponsible thought. I'll stick with G.W. if you don't mind.

*Mike Tyson has a Broken Back?.. Perhaps Bolivion is a little further off than we imagined.

* Forget W's Tax Cut plan.. Have any of you actually looked into what the Liberals proposed?

*One can only be confused as to why it is only Germany and France are the 'Staunch' Opponents against War in Iraq?... There are many postulates out there explaining this phenomenon, but let me add these..
1. France Sold Saddam 'Nucular' Technology
2. Germany has provided WMD to Iraq.

* One more thing... America isn't interested in Iraqi Oil Money.. otherwise they would lift sanctions tomorrow. France however, salivates at the prospect of Iraqi Oil Money. They are already involved in Food for Oil Contracts with Hussein, and there is nothing more appetizing to France than 'Peace for Oil'.

* Dreadsox.. I applaud your open mind to other points of view, However, keep in mind that many of the views expressed here are what is wrong with the world.

* People still bitch about GW being the 'Selected' President rather than the 'Elected' President. It's nice to know that these degenerates have nothing to make them happy in life that they are stuck two years in the past. A Mandate you ask?.. How about W's continuously High Approval Ratings.. Or better yet, The Apparent Statement made by American Voters in the 2002 elections with the Republican Ass Lashing of Liberals.

* I am enjoying the liberals who are now shitting on W. for playing the 'Race Card'... That's just too easy.

* Bill Maher's a Bombastic Ass.

* What gives Martin Sheen the moxy to think he actually is President?.. His Plummeting ratings?.. A little Secret.. Rob Lowe was the Star of that show.

* CBS doesnt' want to hear anyof Jeanane Garofolo's Vomit during the Grammies, and only wants to see Sheryl Crowe in Tight Clothes. Fine by me. Aren't these networks supposed to be Liberal Propaganda Machines?.. Interesting indeed.

* A quote from Donna Brazile, a black Democrat woman who recently pulled out of her presidential bid attempt.... "I can talk to Democrats, but when I talk to republicans, I LEARN alot more." It's a shame only one person was present to hear it.

*Sheryl Crow says, "If we can't turn to our artists, who can we look to?".. Personally, I don't really care what a celebrity, who has become rich beyond all imagination in America, finds deep within their heart disturbing about this country... again.. In which they continue to live, and have become Rich beyond all Imagination. Sheryl should be grateful that she's hot, as I can't even think of another reason why I bought her most recent album. However, If America is so terrible, please, feel free to join the human shield, PErforming 'Soak Up The Sun' under Burka-Fez combo. And Chris Martin?.. Well.. at least his new album is good.

* Bono... Get a damn album out.. So I can enjoy the Grammies once again.

*The WNBA... From 'We Got Next'.. to 'This is What I Am'.. Does anyone that is not a homo really care?.. Though I'll watch Sue Bird ball anyday.

* U2Bama.. I send my regrets for the absolute tanking of a season by the Crimson Tide basketball team.

* Silly Brits.. The UK Royalty is encouraging under 16's to experiment in Oral Sex... Sources Close to the Queen have leaked, 'WE, however, do not endorse the Insulting American policy of Spitting'. Hence born.. The Royal Blowjob.

Enjoying an elite Partagas 150th...
I remain,

Mr. Pink

oh how wonderful, the worst thread of all time has managed to surface yet again thanks to its obsessive author.

great idea!

gab, your ugly as sin and i think your physically undesirable to ladies.

as for your carachter and personality, well thats completely shitty too.

your an all-around terrible person.

please, feel free to express your negative thoughts on me, except sound more convincing. lay it on thick.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom