Please Bathe Yourself in My Douche-Tastic Poetry - Page 6 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 04-11-2002, 01:46 PM   #76
I'm a chauvinist leprechaun

Local Time: 08:11 AM
Zone.. Thanks.. I always forget about the sports forum.. Bama.. I just put up articles in here that I think people should read, or at least be exposed to.. Things that just educate people more so that they can discuss some of the other issues here in the forum with a bit more intellectual background.. Also, Just random shit that's interesting, or weird.. Crazy Stories.. Instead of Making a New Thread for Each One.. I just stick them in here, people can respond or what not.. People can post or what not.. But It's the most important if people just look through them..

I just figure Why not stack the Most Packed Thread in All of Interference.. as a Sort of 'All You Need to Read On Interference' kinda thread.. Hahah.. But still it's pretty sweet thing going.... Now If I can only get Bono's Pet Frog to Post in here..

L.Unplugged

Old 04-11-2002, 04:30 PM   #77
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 03:11 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Lemonite:
Zone.. Thanks.. I always forget about the sports forum.. Bama.. I just put up articles in here that I think people should read, or at least be exposed to.. Things that just educate people more so that they can discuss some of the other issues here in the forum with a bit more intellectual background.. Also, Just random shit that's interesting, or weird.. Crazy Stories.. Instead of Making a New Thread for Each One.. I just stick them in here, people can respond or what not.. People can post or what not.. But It's the most important if people just look through them..

I just figure Why not stack the Most Packed Thread in All of Interference.. as a Sort of 'All You Need to Read On Interference' kinda thread.. Hahah.. But still it's pretty sweet thing going.... Now If I can only get Bono's Pet Frog to Post in here..

L.Unplugged
I think there are some great articles in here! I wish it didn't have that title - more people would read and respond to the articles. I think people have been scared off by the title. Too bad - good articles.

Old 04-11-2002, 07:31 PM   #78

Quote:
Originally posted by zonelistener:
I think there are some great articles in here! I wish it didn't have that title - more people would read and respond to the articles. I think people have been scared off by the title. Too bad - good articles.

Hahah.. I know.. I just started it initially as a piece of shit thread.. for some comic relief.. ALso as a sort of Parody on some of the threads posted here on Interference..

Man.. Off to an E Chemistry Review...

L.Unplugged

[This message has been edited by Lemonite (edited 04-11-2002).]
Old 04-11-2002, 08:54 PM   #79
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Local Time: 02:11 AM
Quote:
a piece of shit thread..
Old 04-11-2002, 09:30 PM   #80

Quote:
Originally posted by U2Bama:

Hahah.. I couldn't think of a better way to write 'Something to Lighten the Mood and Remove Poles up People's Asses' Thread.

L.Unplugged
Old 04-11-2002, 10:07 PM   #81
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Quote:

Hahah.. I couldn't think of a better way to write 'Something to Lighten the Mood and Remove Poles up People's Asses' Thread.

That made me laugh so uncontrollably that my dog walked up to me to make sure that I was okay.
Old 04-12-2002, 10:06 AM   #82
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:

L.Unplugged
To bad some people still had poles stuck up places when they posted here
Old 04-15-2002, 03:44 AM   #83

Byron Mouton .. Star College Basketball Player.. Getting his 'Learn On' at University of Maryland.. Here's the Written part.. Check out the Link for pictures and the full effect...
http://www.wam.umd.edu/~moutonb/project2.html

Kings of the Road

Everybody likes to get to place faster. In order to get to place people use cars and trucks. In would like to know cars and trucks came about. In order to find out how cars and trucks come about, I went to visit The American History Museum. The exhibit that I visit in the museum was the Road Transportation exhibit. In the exhibit, I saw some of the first vehicles that were made up to the ones that are made today. The purpose of the exhibit is to make people understand how cars and truck became faster and more efficient over time and how they are to American Culture.
When the curators assembled this exhibit, they tried to present how road transportation evolved over time. The exhibit was placed by the order in which the cars come about. The first car that I like at was one of the first gasoline powered vehicles in the United States. Charles and Frank Duryea built this vehicle. Charles and Frank named the vehicle after their last name "Duryea". This vehicle had a transmission that did not work at first. They built a two speed transmission and made the four horse power engine go about 6-7 miles per hour in higher gear. This was a new way of getting to place to place. To the American Culture, vehicles are very important because we need them to travel. This vehicle started the modern transportation that Americans used today, that is why this car is portrayed in the exhibit.

Another car I thought was important was the Ford Model T in 1913. This was the most popular automobile in 1903 through 1927. The Ford Model T was the first vehicle used by farmers. The farmers used this vehicle because they were heavy-duty cars that could be used for farming. But because it was very expensive, only a few farmers could buy this vehicle. However, by the 1915, the production cut the cost of the Model in half. Henry Ford the founder of Ford Company built this vehicle the way he did because of the road condition. People need hard working vehicles and this automobile was perfect. By the 1920 this automobile was by far the best selling and cheapest and out sold other makes. This vehicle was able to move about 20 miles per hour. This car is important to the American culture because this mass production allowed individuals to get around and afford the vehicle. This changed the way of transportation, as it is known now. In the same exhibit, there was a Bowser gasoline pump was built in 1916. The pump was very small and had a wheel and it that shows the numbers 0-9 and complete turn of wheel was one gallon. It is amazing to see how gas is pump today. This showed how Americans have been able to develop technology as the technological advances came along. The last object I found interesting in that exhibit was the ZR1-92. This is a racing car by Chevy Coverlet. Tommy Morrison built this car that can reach the speeds of 172 miles per hour. This showed how American value fast transportation and how that fast transportation can be used as entertainment.

Besides fast transportation, Americans value money. That is why I visit another exhibit called The History of Money in the American History Museum. The exhibit had money from all over the world but what called my interest was a 100,000-dollar I saw for the first time. If I only could only take it with me, I could so much. This exhibit showed me how much money can do. That amount of money alone could buy a lot, which reminded me of how Americans see money as a symbol of power. The money exhibit talked about the first coins that were made in history. This exhibit had a lot of people going to see it. It looked like a lot of people wanted to know about the history of money. Money gives some people power and control if you have a lot of it.

To improve the Road Transportation exhibit, they should have used a time line so people can see over the years how cars and trucks developed in a more organized way. The money exhibit presented how coins were developed, the Road Exhibit should have shown what was the first efficient car. I wondered which one was after going through the whole exhibit. They could also have shown pictures of the people that are using the automobiles at the times the vehicles were invented. They should have indicated what people felt when they got their cars, what dreams they fulfilled, and what were the reasons why they got the cars besides transportation. They also could have used bigger text, so it could be easier to read the information to be read instead of bending over.

Through both exhibits, I learn that the history of objects is very important to American culture. It was very amazing to learn that a car was very slow before, but now they can go faster than what people may have imagined then. It also showed me how Americans value transportation. Americans always want to get to places faster, and this exhibit showed how Americans always tried to develop their vehicles. It will be interesting to see the cars we use now in tomorrow's exhibits.
Old 04-15-2002, 11:16 PM   #84

I think Steve Forbes was on to something here.. However in our Country it's a prayer that will never be answered...

L.Unplugged

Russia's Flat Tax Rakes in the Cash
Sat Apr 13, 1:47 AM ET
By ERIC ENGLEMAN, Associated Press Writer

MOSCOW - Like many Russians, Nellie dreads her annual visits to the local tax office, with its long lines, surly officials, and Byzantine tax forms. But recently, the 66-year-old grandmother, who supplements her meager pension by cleaning apartments, had a pleasant surprise.

"My taxes were three times lower," she said. "They must have understood they were too high before."

Nellie is not alone. The government says more Russians are paying income tax, thanks to an innovation that should hearten flat-tax advocates.

Last year, President Vladimir Putin (news - web sites) introduced a flat tax on income of 13 percent ó the lowest rate in Europe ó designed to draw more Russians out of the "shadow economy" and make them honest taxpayers.

The results have been dramatic. Revenue from personal income tax shot up nearly 47 percent last year, and tax revenue overall rose 50 percent, according to government figures. Early results from 2002 look even better.

"We expect the number of people filling out income tax forms to increase substantially," said Dmitri Mikulich, deputy head of the Tax Ministry's individual income tax department.

For a society with a long history of distrusting the government and hiding cash at home, the taxpaying boom marks something of a revolution. But many analysts say it's too early to declare victory.

"So far, so good," said Alexander Morozov, a senior economist at the World Bank (news - web sites) in Moscow. "There are signs that more people are paying personal income tax, but the process of moving from shadow to light has only just started. There's a long way to go."

Small- and medium-sized Russian businesses complain they still face an insuperable array of taxes.

The worst culprit, many say, is the "social tax" of up to 35.6 percent on salaries, the equivalent of U.S. Social Security (news - web sites).

There's also a 5 percent sales tax, a 20 percent value-added tax, a 5 percent advertising tax, a 2 percent property tax, a 1 percent road tax, plus a 24 percent tax on net profits after most other taxes, not to mention various registration fees.

"There's a sea of taxes," said Slava, 40, who owns a travel agency in Moscow and declined to give his last name.

Like many other business owners, Slava operates under a dual salary system. He slips his four employees an envelope of dollars every month, but for the tax inspectors he keeps another set of records on his books, showing much lower wages in rubles.

The gap between real and "official" salaries is striking. Slava's employees make between $100 and $300 per month, while on paper they earn a mere 500 to 1,300 rubles, equivalent to $16 and $42.

Most tax inspectors are willing to set aside their doubts for a "gift," like a bottle of liquor, Slava said with a shrug. Only through this sort of routine deception, he said, can he keep his business from going under.

"If the government makes it a 13 percent tax for business, just like for individuals, then I'm ready to pay it, but right now there's no way," he said. "You'd have to turn over all your profits."

Putin has promised to change that. Last month, he proposed a tax reform package for small businesses, that he said would be "no less revolutionary" than the flat tax on income.

The reforms would eliminate many taxes for small businesses, and give them the option of paying a 20 percent tax on profit or 8 percent on revenues.

Morozov of the World Bank says it's important to make the taxpaying process less bureaucratic as well.

"The tax burden is not just the amount of tax, but the time and effort it takes to fill out all the forms," he said. "Unless it's simplified, it will be difficult for businesses to stay afloat."

More from > World - AP Europe
Next Story: Germany Takes Sharp Tone on Israel
Mon Apr 15, 8:18 PM ET - (AP)

Old 04-15-2002, 11:52 PM   #85
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Quote:
Hahahaha... Ahhh..
Quote:
Ah,
Quote:
Oh Me Oh My..
Quote:
Hahahaa.. 'Lemonhead'... *SigH*,
Quote:
Oh Deary Me,
Quote:
Our Mother.. Come Help Us...:
Quote:
Yah..
Quote:
Geez...
Quote:
Hahaha...
Quote:
Peace and Joy.. Yes.. Joy.
Quote:
Seriously 'Folks'.
Quote:
Yah..
Quote:
Noooooooooooooooooooo WOLFIES is Closed...
Quote:
Hahah..
Quote:
WHY THEY HATE US?!?!?!?!?... Ah..
Quote:
Just random shit that's interesting, or weird.. Crazy Stories..
Quote:
Hahah.. I know.. I just started it initially as a piece of shit thread..
[This message has been edited by Lemonite (edited 04-11-2002).]
Quote:

Hahah.. 'Something to Lighten the Mood and Remove Poles up People's Asses'
Old 04-16-2002, 01:47 AM   #86

Don't forget the Title.. That's the Best One.

L.Unplugged
Old 04-16-2002, 01:56 AM   #87
Ghost of Love

Um, I got lost somewhere in the alcohol thingy....so I just skipped to the last page and...well, is there room for a vote of support on the de-criminalization of possession of weed?

um....never mind....hehe

Gabriel

------------------
"...well the God I believe in isn't short of cash, mister!"
BTBS, Rattle and Hum
Old 04-16-2002, 09:34 PM   #88

Go Irish.

Blue and Gold Game Coming Up.

L.Unplugged

[This message has been edited by Lemonite (edited 04-16-2002).]
Old 04-23-2002, 12:42 AM   #89

I heard a funny thing today.. President Bush was out in the Adirondacks giving a speech on EARTH DAY, but it apparently had to be moved inside due to Ri Cock U Lous SnowStorms.. When one of the big fanatical issues of Earth Day is GLobal WArming.. Hahhaha.. What Jackasses..

L.Unplugged
Old 04-23-2002, 03:28 AM   #90

This is a funny as hell article, So True.. However, I'm not so sure the lot of ya'll will, so In the Spirit of DanoSpano and Michaelis Moore.. I Hereby post...

The Things We Think But Do Not Say

by Adley Stephens
April 18, 2002

Writing this first, inaugural article is a test. Iíve got this take on the world that I want to shout about so that people hear it, but if I donít snag you with article one, youíll cut me off, tune me out, opt not to have a look at article two, three, so on and so forth. You gotta give me a chance. I have a lot of pent up thoughts that I am itching to give my opinion on and eventually I know Iím going to hit on something that youíve really been wanting to put on the table for a long time too.
So, like I said, give me a chance.

Most of what I want to write about is premised on my belief that common courtesy from one human being to another is a value acted out by the few...by the kind and decent minority. Letís say Iím the anti-Maya Angelou. Not because I donít believe in her principles of family, love, beauty, do-di-do-di-do...but because I think most people read her poems, buy her embroidered pillows, have a good cry and then...well...go back to being ignorant and inconsiderate. Now, let me be perfectly clear: this isnít a shot at Maya: that is one woman who has got it going on. This is me sounding some loud, stinkiní alarm bells for everyone who weeps over or applauds her philosophies and then doesnít hold a door for the person coming in behind them at the restaurant or is put out that they have to move over on the sidewalk for someone coming the other way. My beefs are about the person who sits in the front row at church and spends the entire hour silently critiquing the fashion of the people around them. Getting my thesis here? My view on the world is that there is a whole whack of people out there who celebrate a great love song, but live a whole different story.

Now, Iíve only written two paragraphs in my first article and here we go already with the rebuttals. I can hear it now: ďBut, there are so many people out there who bring so much good to the world...youíre totally discounting them and portraying people as inherently bad and mean-spirited...waaahĒ. On the contrary. There are great, great people out there and good on them for the difference they make. In fact, I happen to be of the opinion that people are inherently good and well-meaning, but also inherently concerned with self and inherently likely to take the path of least resistance (or lazy, however you want to say it). People are such a contradiction: everybody wants utopia, but few will leave their comfort zone to contribute to it.

I have a great example: there was a recent poll released in the United States where 80% of the people questioned said that they think that lack of common courtesy and respect for other people is a major societal problem. Oh man, Ė heh, heh, heh Ė I gotta tell you, that is funny. Does anyone else see the problem here: if those 80% of the people HAD a sense of common courtesy, IT WOULDNíT BE A MAJOR SOCIETAL PROBLEM NOW, WOULD IT? Okay, okay, I digress...

My point is that I HAVE to write this column because I canít sit back anymore and watch the world go stupid. We all know the potential for better is there, but think itís a monster to take on. Iíll tell you what: start by holding the door. Weíll go from there.

-AS

This article is the first in the 'The Things We Think But Do Not Say' column by Adley Stephens and will be written and published specifically for NDToday.com each Monday. Feel free to email any responses or ideas for future articles directly to Adley at adleystephens@hotmail.com.

[This message has been edited by Lemonite (edited 04-22-2002).]