Please Bathe Yourself In My Crap-Tastic Poetry - Page 2 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Old 07-15-2002, 09:41 PM   #16
Local Time: 09:47 AM

Hahahaha...yes, well the 60s film THE BIRDS was on Turner Classic Movies this weekend, but in case you missed it, I give you an update from Lawsuit Capitol Of The South...maybe I should have posted this in the anti-pets thread(?)

Posting from behind the counter at Subway, looking outside at a freaky leprochaun, I remain...

-R.E. Unplugged

Trial date set in lawsuit of woman bitten by parrot

An Aug. 5 trial date has been set in the civil lawsuit involving the Amazon parrot that bit a woman on the cheek and left her disfigured.

Cynthia Powers sued Ed's Pet World last August saying that Charlie the Amazon parrot bit her under the eye and clawed her shoulder. The suit, which said there were no warning signs about the bird in the store, describes the animal as "vicious," "mischievous," and an "undomesticated wild animal."

Amazon parrots, also know as "green parrots" or "short-winged parrots," are stocky birds with a square tail. They range in size from 10 to 16 inches, and have the strength to open walnuts with their beaks.

Store owner Louie Edward Cosby II is named as a defendant.

When the suit was filed, court papers showed that Powers sought $5 million in punitive damages and money for pain and suffering, medical bills and other things. Plaintiff lawyer Steve Guthrie said last week he is seeking an amount that would compensate Powers.

Jefferson County Circuit Judge Allwin Horn III referred the case to mediation in May.

"We couldn't arrive at a settlement that was acceptable to either party," Guthrie said.

Guthrie said Powers suffered a 1-inch gash, and the scar can't be completely covered with makeup.

"There is nothing to lead us to believe that it will ever be completely normal," Guthrie said. "It's just still something she has to deal with every day."

Defense lawyer Thomas Creel would not comment. Chanda Temple --

Old 07-15-2002, 09:47 PM   #17
I serve MacPhisto
Local Time: 03:47 AM
So Mike Tyson was reincarnated as a parrot?