Playing the Race Card!?! - Page 3 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Old 04-26-2006, 02:18 PM   #31
Blue Crack Addict
Local Time: 08:15 AM
Originally posted by Got Philk?
[BEdit: Hell, even one of my neighborhood kids came up to my car one night and asked if he could drive my car around. He was 14 with no license so I said no. He was so mad and again, didn't say prejudice but said I didn't let him b/c he was black. When in actuallity, I wouldn't let anyone 14 drive my car. If he's 14 and thinking this, how does one change these ideas engraved in a 14 year old's head??? WHY are these thoughts in his head I guess I think however too....I don't know. Confusing topic to me. Lots of dynamics... [/B]

i have to laugh, because i can relate a bit. one morning i was walking to the Metro and someone asked me for change. this happens often, and i usually say, "sorry, only have plastic." usually the response is a, "oh, that would be fine" and a smile, sort of, but this particular morning the guy looked at me square in the eyes and said, "you're a fucking redneck."

i was kind of gay-ed up too, so i can't imagine what was redneck about my appearance. but you're right, the door does swing both ways.