Plane crashes in our suburbs!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

verte76

Blue Crack Addict
I was leaving the art studio about a half hour ago and someone came in there with the news that a small plane crashed in the Birmingham suburbs. It narrowly missed an apartment complex. There are reports that the two passengers on the plane got killed. The traffic situation in that part of town is a mess. Needless to say we're pretty freaked about this. We're just lucky more people on the ground weren't hurt/killed.

That's terrible Verte! :sad: I've always had nightmares about planes crashing near my house. I'm sorry :hug:

Thanks everyone! It's scary. This is f:censored:g awful. It hit a really crowded part of the suburbs about two miles from where I grew up. I still don't know how many people were killed. It could have crashed into that apartment complex, and it'd be alot more. I still have to make phone calls to some friends of mine in the area as the phone lines weren't working earlier :yikes: :yikes: :sad: :sad:

Last edited:
Odd, I haven't seen anything on the news about it...you'd think that an airplane crashing into a city would be news, especially post-9/11. :eyebrow:

My condolences to those who lost their loved ones and to you too, verte. :hug:

verte76 said:
Thanks everyone! It's scary. This is f:censored:g awful. It hit a really crowded part of the suburbs about two miles from where I grew up.

Close to where you grew up? Geez, of all the areas...unbelievable. :tsk:...

Originally posted by verte76
I still don't know how many people were killed. It could have crashed into that apartment complex, and it'd be alot more. I still have to make phone calls to some friends of mine in the area as the phone lines weren't working earlier :yikes: :yikes: :sad: :sad:

I hope the death toll won't be high. And I hope you can get to your friends and find them to be safe and sound. Good luck.

Angela

A few people actually did think it was terrorists, but most don't, myself included. Something screwed up with the plane. I haven't looked at the newspapers yet--my parents hid them!! I'm afraid there is some really bad news in them. :sad: :sad: :(

I looked at the newspapers. Two people were killed. It hit a place near apartment complexes, businesses, etc, etc, close to one of the busiest intersections in the whole county. We were really lucky it wasn't worse. No one on the ground was killed. Whew! It's unfortunate that it happened but this sort of thing does happen with planes. :sad: :sad: :(

verte76 said:
I looked at the newspapers. Two people were killed. It hit a place near apartment complexes, businesses, etc, etc, close to one of the busiest intersections in the whole county. We were really lucky it wasn't worse. No one on the ground was killed. Whew! It's unfortunate that it happened but this sort of thing does happen with planes. :sad: :sad: :(

Indeed it does.

Again, a shame to hear about those two people who were killed. :sad:.

But that is good to hear that it wasn't worse than that, considering how many people that could've affected.

That's crazy, though. I mean...you hear of planes crashing...but rarely in such populated areas like that-usually it's in fields and forests and stuff.

Anywho, yes, thank goodness it wasn't worse.

Angela

That's awful :sad: I'm sorry :hug: It could have been so much worse hitting the apts. Stuff like that scares me, it could happen anywhere anytime. I hear a plane going over right now:uhoh: I always listen to see if they are making a weird noise or anything.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom