Pippi Longstocking's mother....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MissZooropa

Refugee
...is dead. Astrid Lindgren the author who I guess most of has read something from died today 94 years old.
Pippi Longstocking is the most famous book, about the strong, orphaned girl who did the most crazy stuff.

Astrid has been a part of every swedish childs childhood and haven't passed by anyone unnoticed. All her books have been creative for the mind, even grown ups and have brought us to all the way from darkest hell to the brightest heaven.
This is a day of grief.....
frown.gif

For you who are interested and have been affected by her work too, some more info is to be read here. http://www.aftonbladet.se/vss/nyheter/story/0,2789,126903,00.html

I knew she was pretty old but it's very sad anyway. I love her books. Especially The Brothers Lionheart--can't say I agree with it theologically, but what a touching book, what a masterpiece. When I used to visit my grandmother in Finland I would take out the beautiful British edition with the best illustrations from the library. You can't find that edition here in North America, but I can still see the pictures in my mind.

------------------
Love was never a single emotion

-ACROB@T

She was a great fairy-tale writer , so many good , funny , positive books , Karlson , Peppi , Rasmus , little water-man , Freken Bok , Uncle Uluis , Roni etc etc RIP
frown.gif

Astrid Lindgren was a wonderful author. I have read countless of her books. She created the most amazing universes, and I always loved how much she cared for her characters, no matter how insignificant they might seem.

She will be missed.

Back
Top Bottom