Pink Pistols

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Should all citizens regardless of sexual orientation have the right to bear arms?

• Yes, without equivocation.

Votes: 10 45.5%
  • No, I think guns are bad period.

Votes: 9 40.9%
  • Maybe, only if they live in a Red state.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • diamond, are you packing heat?

Votes: 3 13.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I defer to Glenn Reynolds "I'd be delighted to live in a country where happily married gay couples had closets full of assault weapons".

I just got back from the Sydney Mardi Gras, at last somewhere a guy that wears hawaiian shirts and a cowboy hats can fit in.

Last edited:
financeguy said:
Diamond is the court jester of FYM, the idea of taking his posts seriously or pretending to get offended over them is just silly.

Aww, come on, Diamond is a veritable Trevor Trove (honeycomb chocs to anyone who gets the Spinal Tap joke) of information on crime. He works in a jail, everyone. And by 'work' I mean he tortures people who have nowhere to run by beating them over the head with bibles. I prefer wasting my time on interference. Diamond wastes his preaching in jails. It's all good.

:)

Angela Harlem said:
I don't own a bible, so diamond's worthless quotes of good intentioned patronising will go unappreciated.

"But I say to you, love your enemies, and pray for those who persecute you." - Matthew 5:44

Angela Harlem said:
I don't own a bible, so diamond's worthless quotes of good intentioned patronising will go unappreciated.

He thinks if he quotes that book often enough you start to care about it.

diamond said:
www.google.com

works wonders sometimes.

dbs

Diamond, with all loving thy enemy stuff, take along fucking hike, mate. I, like half the world's population, don't give two shits about this book you aim and fail, singlehandedly, to live by.

Thanks, melon and vincent! :)

Angela Harlem said:

Diamond, with all loving thy enemy stuff, take along fucking hike, mate.
Thanks, melon and vincent! :)

:policies and Rules

Personally attacking other members of the forum is unacceptable and may result in an individual warning to the members in question, which may ultimately lead to bannishment from the forum.

Diamond, with all loving thy enemy stuff, take along fucking hike, mate.

Judging Others

you aim and fail, singlehandedly, to live by.

That's funny for a book you don't own or adhere to it's principles or precepts you act as if you know an awful a lot about it.

And since you claim limited knowledge of this book(s) that you disregard here's a verse for you to try on:

1"Do not judge, or you too will be judged. 2For in the same way you judge others, you will be judged, and with the measure you use, it will be measured to you.
3"Why do you look at the speck of sawdust in your brother's eye and pay no attention to the plank in your own eye? 4How can you say to your brother, 'Let me take the speck out of your eye,' when all the time there is a plank in your own eye? 5You hypocrite, first take the plank out of your own eye, and then you will see clearly to remove the speck from your brother's eye.

good day.

dbs

1. You're as much a mudslinger as anyone around here.
2. Acting as if I know an awful lot about it? Well, if you're meaning the general principles, then yes, dear diamond, like most people I have a well rounded general understanding of the 'precepts'. I don't have to read it or attend church to know that. I just listen to people, and learn from what they say. People just like you, diamond.

Your examples listed after that are exactly what BVS alluded to, funnily enough. You absolutely cannot see how you present through the eyes of others, can you? The bible is exactly about being good and encouraging like in others. How do you read excerpts to these people on death row and not have a giant rock in your stomach? Do you actually do work with death row inmates or just LWPs? Your contrary actions and views astound me. I'm not expecting answers, though. I once tried in vain to get answers from another religious sort on here who had very similar views to you and got nowhere. I'm not interested in having verses repeated back to me. I want 'in your own words' replies. Your bible verses mean nothing to me. I can live a judgement free life (if I choose) without a book and a man on a cross to guide me. I can live a life of principles exactly like yours. I'm not judging you, diamond, I am questioning you. You reach different conclusions based on a collection of morals that seem to mirror mine, yet you support everything I do not and vice versa. Quote me verses again, however, and I will once more tell you take a long one. :) This is not about ad nauseum religious excerpts.

This thread seems to just be reeling back and forth between the silly and the spiteful so I think it's curtains time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom