Pick the VP Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
McCain Picks -------

Condi Rice - serves two purposes:O) Race and Gender

I've heard he may pick Huckabee to secure the South and evangelical vote.

Dreadsox said:
Condi Rice - serves two purposes :O) Race and Gender

if this is all that matters?

does it matter that her significant other may be same gender?

race

significant other

aside,

she has proven to be incompetent

at least Colin Powell had the good sense to quit
and stop toeing the company line

Condi is spineless

The absolute best thing for Obama

would be for him to pick Hillary to be on the ticket

with him

him as VP

and Hillary as the Presidential candidate

it would also be the best for the Dems
and the hardest ticket for McCain / Hutchinson? to beat.

deep said:

with him

him as VP

you

would

that

wouldn't you?

deep said:

with him

him as VP

it would also be the best for the Dems
and the hardest ticket for McCain / Hutchinson? to beat.

the Clintons realize that this is her only hope as well.

but considering what the Clintons do to the people around them who aren't Clintons, i think Obama might pass, should she, the #2 candidate, be so beneficent as to extend the #2 slot to the present #1.

BonoVoxSupastar said:
Would anyone take a Clinton/ Obama ticket seriously after the jabs they've made, especially Clinton?

I know you don't remember the 1960 kennedy / johnson war for the nomination
(i don't either, but I have watched the documentaries)

I do remember the Bush / Reagan battle for the nomination in 1980.

Bush traveled the country calling Reagan's plan for tax cuts and defense spending increases Voodoo Economics * every chance he got. It was more of a slash and burn campaign than Bush / McCain in 2000 even. Well at both the 1960 and 1980 party conventions everyone kissed and made up and went on to victory. Ironically each VP became President. :shrug:

In the primary election, Bush represented the centrist wing in the GOP, whereas Reagan represented the conservative wing. He labeled Reagan's supply side-influenced plans for massive tax cuts "voodoo economics." During the election, Reagan once famously described Bush as a "Brooks Brothers Republican."

No way Obama will take the VP position

It would be largely ceremonial

Since Bill would be Hillary's no. 2

As Hillary was during Bill's presidency

With Gore down the hall

All by himself.

I would be thrilled if McCain picked Condoleeza Rice. I think despite the unpopularity of President Bush, she would be very appealing to independents and minorities and create a very strong ticket.

My second choice used to be Bobby Jindal, but I've reconsidered. I like the guy, but should something happen to McCain, I can't picture Jindal being Commander-in-Chief.

darth_cheney.jpg

:lol:

Condi has intellectual heft, but close to zero political talents and, more importantly, ambition.

i don't think she has any desire at all to run for public office. seems she'd be much happier back in Palo Alto, writing books, teaching, and playing the piano.

Irvine511 said:
Condi has intellectual heft, but close to zero political talents and, more importantly, ambition.

Which I think is why she has become more effective in her role. I don't get much of a sense of ego from her, but she is remarkably astute and (it seems) unique in the current administration in her desire to improve diplomatic relationships between the US and the world. I wish she'd had more of a voice in the first five years of Bush's presidency.

Back
Top Bottom