Pick the VP Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Quayle.jpg

Tanned, rested and ready.

Condi Rice

A white female (not Hillary) or Southern male
*just a guess :)

The Libertarian candidate will not win the election.
The American people will loose more and more of the U.S. Constitution.

Condi is useless and will not be anyone's VP. Let's get real here.

He'll pick a considerably younger man.

One day we're going swing by and pick you up in the Mitt mobile and take you out for a bratwurst.

:)

dbs

Even though Guilliani kind of shot himself in the foot, I think a McCain / Guilliani ticket would be unstoppable.

Two popular politicians on one ticket - I'd vote for them if I could.

I know you think many of us (living in America) don't understand Israel.

Well, let's just say putting the biggest loser from the primary contest on the ticket is not a good idea.

deep said:
I know you think many of us (living in America) don't understand Israel.

Well, let's just say putting the biggest loser from the primary contest on the ticket is not a good idea.

Hi Deep,

Firstly, I didn't even MENTION Israel....what does that have to do with this thread?

Secondly, I believe that Guilliani made a grave miscalculation in his presidential run and had the good sense to quit when he did - but that is not to say that he wouldn't do a good job if he became McCain's VP. He's already proven his leadership qualitites in times of crisis and I think he's managed to maintain his popularity even after his failed white house bid.

There's no way Obama would pick Hillary, and I can't see her accepting that anyway. If Hillary were to end up winning I don't think Obama would want to be her VP either, but as the younger guy I could see that working where we get 16 years of Clinton & Obama :up: Can anybody think of a nice safe white male Dem (preferably Southern) who might sway those moderates? That's the guy both of them should be targeting.

I think McCain will pick Huckabee. I think Huckabee would obviously appeal to those evangelical types that the GOP is always flirting with, but he's also got this populist thing working that could draw on those blue-collar types. I think a lot of the Hillary Dems would vote McCain/Huckabee over Obama/whoever.

Obama/Clinton won't happen, neither candidate would submit to taking the VP slot.

I'll predict that McCain will take Charlie Crist, governor of Florida.

Clinton will choose Ted Strickland, governor of Ohio

Obama will choose Evan Bayh, Senator from Indiana

Mitt is a possibility, favored by many with influence in the GOP.

not necessarily my choice.

Last edited:
CTU2fan said:
Can anybody think of a nice safe white male Dem (preferably Southern) who might sway those moderates? That's the guy both of them should be targeting.

Gov. Richardson would guarantee Obama the Hispanic votes and I can't think of why white men would have a problem with him.

joyfulgirl said:

Gov. Richardson would guarantee Obama the Hispanic votes and I can't think of why white men would have a problem with him.

he might help

especially in NM

but, I still think the top of the ticket is where the action is at

and McCain beats Obama easily with Hispanics

one of the largest voting blocks

now Hillary does great with the Hispanic vote :shrug:

Richardson does have gravitas
and would be a huge help in the Foreign policy department
where Obama is most vulnerable

Last edited:
hey, let's swing - Richardson is a decent pick

Edwards was a good pick for Kerry

or even a Gore

both have long Senate careers and experience was not an issue with them.

Edwards may be a favorite for many

but for Obama,

Edwards was only in the Senate 6 years,

Hillary has more experience :shrug:

deep said:

Richardson does have gravitas
and would be a huge help in the Foreign policy department
where Obama is most vulnerable

Absolutely. And I bet he'd accept the position in a heartbeat.

For now, unless Obama makes some huge blunder, I'm assuming he's going to be the nominee. :shrug:

joyfulgirl said:

For now, unless Obama makes some huge blunder, I'm assuming he's going to be the nominee. :shrug:

this seems to be correct

team Obama had major blunders last week

but skated by

I still believe in the General
he is very vulnerable

Back
Top Bottom